Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College football 2019-2020 thread


Recommended Posts

On 4/29/2019 at 12:28 AM, RockThatBlue said:

Many teams have had their spring games excited!

 

Interested to see how my UK boys do after a 10 win season. Should be a fun year!

 

 

How are you feeling about UK this year? Alot of talented guys to replace but Stoops has had some solid recruiting classes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

How are you feeling about UK this year? Alot of talented guys to replace but Stoops has had some solid recruiting classes.

I feel optimistic. Lost a lot of talent especially in the secondary but I think the front 7 will be very good which will help the back 4. 

 

I think the offense will be improved even after losing Snell (mainly because I think the passing game will be better)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's tough being an IU football fan but I think they're heading in the right direction. Tom Allen is building a competitive program right now and I think in 2020 it will finally pay off. I'm optimistic about 2019 but the schedule isn't very favorable. IU needs to beat one of the bigger names in the B1G East this year to get the rest of the fan base fired up! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 5/6/2019 at 10:28 AM, Matthew Gilbert said:

It's tough being an IU football fan but I think they're heading in the right direction. Tom Allen is building a competitive program right now and I think in 2020 it will finally pay off. I'm optimistic about 2019 but the schedule isn't very favorable. IU needs to beat one of the bigger names in the B1G East this year to get the rest of the fan base fired up! 

Yeah us UK fans were pretty much in the same boat in terms of so many years of sucking. If UK can turn it around IU can too

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

RIP Jared Lorenzen. One of the first UK football players I got to watch play. Also was a Colt for part of a season. 38 years old. Terrible. 

 

I read that earlier. Very sad. Way too young to die. RIP Jared. My condolences to his family and his fans.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I think IU should go 6-6, maybe even get a little lucky and go 7-5.  I also like what Tom Allen is doing at IU and they are always fun to watch.

 

As for my other team, University of Louisville, their athletic program has gone through some major housecleaning and they finally are rid of the 2 big snakes (Petino and Petrino), so I believe their football program will start trending upwards again.

 

Not expecting a bowl bid this year, but improvement is expected over last year's fiasco.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2019 at 1:16 PM, Matthew Gilbert said:

Let's hear some predictions for everyone's favorite schools!

 

IU goes 6-6 with a win over Purdue earning a Smurf's Bowl bid :)

UK is really hard to predict. Lost a lot of great talent. But several high rated recruits replacing the ones who left.

 

I'll go with 8-4. Obviously a little bit of a step back from 10 wins this past season but still think it'll be a pretty good year overall with a bowl game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2019 at 1:57 PM, Barry Sears said:

I think IU should go 6-6, maybe even get a little lucky and go 7-5.  I also like what Tom Allen is doing at IU and they are always fun to watch.

 

As for my other team, University of Louisville, their athletic program has gone through some major housecleaning and they finally are rid of the 2 big snakes (Petino and Petrino), so I believe their football program will start trending upwards again.

 

Not expecting a bowl bid this year, but improvement is expected over last year's fiasco.

What Louisville is going through kind of reminds me of the situation Mark Stoops stepped into at UK. Just a total mess of a program basically at rock bottom. Could take 3-4 years to fix that mess.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

@NFLfan whats being said about Stanford this coming season?

 

Thanks for asking. I really have not paid much attention to Stanford football this Spring/Summer. There will be pressure on the QB Costello to carry the offense now that Bryce Love is no longer there. I don't know if anyone can take his place. I hope the defense will be improved and return to pre-2018 form but they are thin at safety and there is not too much experience on the defensive side.

 

I'll do some reading and share more later. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2019 at 1:16 PM, Matthew Gilbert said:

IU goes 6-6 with a win over Purdue earning a Smurf's Bowl bid :)

 NO WAY!!! Purdue has some very nice firepower this year, although QB might be a question, hoping Sindelar gets his interceptions under control and remains uninjured, that’s if he doesn’t get beat out in camp. I predict Purdue will go 8-4 and to a little more prestigious bowl then they have been recently. Can’t wait to watch Rondale Moore go off again this year!

 

5A786B82-078C-4B2D-B843-F06C84EFD6FC.jpeg.5b0ac5a68e5b0d66c9dcad1ca352ef4c.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, HOZER said:

 NO WAY!!! Purdue has some very nice firepower this year, although QB might be a question, hoping Sindelar gets his interceptions under control and remains uninjured, that’s if he doesn’t get beat out in camp. I predict Purdue will go 8-4 and to a little more prestigious bowl then they have been recently. Can’t wait to watch Rondale Moore go off again this year!

 

5A786B82-078C-4B2D-B843-F06C84EFD6FC.jpeg.5b0ac5a68e5b0d66c9dcad1ca352ef4c.jpeg

Purdue is better than IU in football and basketball. I see Purdue going 9-3 IMO if they do not give away 1 or 2 games.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Purdue is better than IU in football and basketball. I see Purdue going 9-3 IMO if they do not give away 1 or 2 games.

Most of the games they lost were within a touchdown or so, other then the beat downs they received from Minnesota(didn’t show up)and Auburn (waaay outmatched) in the Bowl game:facepalm::Cry:

 

Should be an interesting season.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nebraska rules, oh this isn't 1995 my bad lmao 

 

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

 NO WAY!!! Purdue has some very nice firepower this year, although QB might be a question, hoping Sindelar gets his interceptions under control and remains uninjured, that’s if he doesn’t get beat out in camp. I predict Purdue will go 8-4 and to a little more prestigious bowl then they have been recently. Can’t wait to watch Rondale Moore go off again this year!

 

5A786B82-078C-4B2D-B843-F06C84EFD6FC.jpeg.5b0ac5a68e5b0d66c9dcad1ca352ef4c.jpeg

The West is stout this year. I think probably anyone but ILL could really win that division.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, Barry Sears said:

 

As for my other team, University of Louisville, their athletic program has gone through some major housecleaning and they finally are rid of the 2 big snakes (Petino and Petrino), so I believe their football program will start trending upwards again.

Louisville should be better this year for sure. Petrino lost the team and they gave up last year.  I think Satterfield was a good hire and I expect him to get them back to being a good team very soon. Although I am still a little salty that Louisville flipped LB Dorian Jones from the Hoosiers on Signing Day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a die hard FSU fan that died hard! Last year was the worst product I've ever seen out of A talented team. We have the talent to go 10-2 or 11-1, the maturity and coaching to go 5-7 or 6-6, so who knows. How do you sign 5 and 4 stars every year, get a top 5 class 4 out of 5 years and a top 10 the other year and produce that crap? Coaching, or lack there of..

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

Louisville should be better this year for sure. Petrino lost the team and they gave up last year.  I think Satterfield was a good hire and I expect him to get them back to being a good team very soon. Although I am still a little salty that Louisville flipped LB Dorian Jones from the Hoosiers on Signing Day.

 

I believe they are using last year's failures as learning experiences and motivation for this season.  So far, I like what I've seen and heard from Satterfield.

 

Chris Mack turned the basketball program around much faster than expected, so maybe Satterfield can do likewise.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

I'm a die hard FSU fan that died hard! Last year was the worst product I've ever seen out of A talented team. We have the talent to go 10-2 or 11-1, the maturity and coaching to go 5-7 or 6-6, so who knows. How do you sign 5 and 4 stars every year, get a top 5 class 4 out of 5 years and a top 10 the other year and produce that crap? Coaching, or lack there of..

I think Jimbo knew a lot of those highly rated kids weren't as good as advertised once they got on campus and he just tried to get out of Dodge (and got paid handsomely to do so). Now Willie T has to try and clean up the mess Jimbo left behind. I'm a fan of Willie T but sadly, he'll likely get the boot if they have another 5-7 type season. Standards are high at FSU and they should be. If given time, I think WT would get them back on track. But again, it's likely make or break for WT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

The schedule isn't doing them any favors this season but the team should* be better. Maybe bowling again in 2020 is realistic.

 

True...not sure about a bowl, but I'm positive that's a goal of theirs this season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

My cats won yesterday but what the heck has happened to Tennessee? A loss to Georgia State who went 2-10 just last year. Yikes thats bad.

 

Tell me about it.  I have been saying from the beginning Pruitt is not the right coach.  Bringing Fulmer back was ridiculous and we will be mediocre for the next 10yrs. You guys have a great coach in Stoops

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2019 at 7:03 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Purdue is better than IU in football and basketball. I see Purdue going 9-3 IMO if they do not give away 1 or 2 games.

 

Well, unfortunately they just gave away their first game.  Five turnovers, what the heck!

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

 

Tell me about it.  I have been saying from the beginning Pruitt is not the right coach.  Bringing Fulmer back was ridiculous and we will be mediocre for the next 10yrs. You guys have a great coach in Stoops

How have yall not benched JG? Man hes awful. Thanks for the kind words about Stoops. Hard to believe where he has us at. What Tennessee has been the last few years has pretty much been what Kentucky has been forever besides a few good years under Rich Brooks. Stoops has changed everything about UK in amazing ways. 

 

I agree on Pruitt he doesn't seem to be a great coach but I'm sure you all will find the right guy eventually and yall have a great history. Maybe Pruitt gets canned and Fulmer takes over as coach?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

How have yall not benched JG? Man hes awful. Thanks for the kind words about Stoops. Hard to believe where he has us at. What Tennessee has been the last few years has pretty much been what Kentucky has been forever besides a few good years under Rich Brooks. Stoops has changed everything about UK in amazing ways. 

 

I agree on Pruitt he doesn't seem to be a great coach but I'm sure you all will find the right guy eventually and yall have a great history. Maybe Pruitt gets canned and Fulmer takes over as coach?

 

Kentucky is definitely on an upward trajectory.  Good for you guys bc I love competition. Pruitt and Fulmer both need to go.  Neither should of been brought in but our fan base is stuck in the past.  Last year everyone was wearing #98 jerseys and saying it feels like 98 around here.  Umm...that was 20 years ago and we haven’t been relevant since that period....not something to be proud of. 

 

JG looked good coming out of high school and in his first spring game. Hasn’t showed anything since.  I want to take it easy on him bc he is just a kid but he isn’t the answer. This leadership deserves a few years to do it their way before total judgment can be passed. However, it’s not looking good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a bit off topic, but wanted to ask a couple of questions of the UK fans here.

 

1.  What do you think of the new logo? (below)

 

2.  For the past few years, UK uniforms have featured a checkerboard design with blue and white squares.  This seemed odd to me given the UT Vols have had the checkerboard design associated with their athletic teams for several years...especially in the end zones of the football field.

 

I do not care for the new logo...I'm not a UK fan, by any means, but it looks kind of cheap without much imagination.  Is it a Nike creation?  Also not a fan of the checkerboard aspect of the uniforms...also kind of unimaginative.

download.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 2:23 PM, Barry Sears said:

This is a bit off topic, but wanted to ask a couple of questions of the UK fans here.

 

1.  What do you think of the new logo? (below)

 

2.  For the past few years, UK uniforms have featured a checkerboard design with blue and white squares.  This seemed odd to me given the UT Vols have had the checkerboard design associated with their athletic teams for several years...especially in the end zones of the football field.

 

I do not care for the new logo...I'm not a UK fan, by any means, but it looks kind of cheap without much imagination.  Is it a Nike creation?  Also not a fan of the checkerboard aspect of the uniforms...also kind of unimaginative.

download.png

I think the checkerboards look better on the bball unis.

 

And the new logo is ehh...not the greatest but not the worst either. Nothing to really hate or get excited about either.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Welp. Just like that, Purdue’s starting quarterback and #1 receiver go down, during the same play. Ugh. Sindelar had just come back from concussion protocol, too. And Rondale Moore was supposed to be a Heisman candidate, bad deal! Well, there’s always the Cubs......oh yeah:facepalm:

Hopefully my Colts continue to impress and can get my mind off of everything else.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...