Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• FTFY. You probably meant nearly 5000 posts and 3000 reactions. That's pretty impressive for just 9 months.   Anyway, glad that Inman landed on his feet. I thought he might sign with the Giants who need one or two more WRs. 
    • I would not take Zeke if he was given to the Colts. The Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has done back-flips  and somersaults to cover up, or smooth over that which could not be covered up, what Zeke has done since he's came into the league. Ballard would not put up with what Zeke has done.  If you don't know all the antics Zeke has had off the field, perhaps you should google it,  they are quite numerous. Plus the fact that he is still in his rookie contract and crying about the money he's getting?   Everyone in the NFL has to get paid by that rookie pay scale.  And it's not like he's getting 4th-7th round rookie $, He was drafted top 5, and get's nearly 4 mil this year. Next years 5th year option is nearly 10 mil.  Jones has probably paid out all this excess money that Zeke wants, just to keep his off field antics under wraps. Granted, now that he has played 3 years in the NFL, he is allowed to have an extension offered.  But generally stars are paid not only for what they bring to the field, but how you represent your team off the field. https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/09/16/happen-surprised-ezekiel-elliotts-checkered-past-points-possible-trouble-ahead   This 1 single report explains that he has been in at least 4 police reports since 2014.  And this report was posted in 2017. His latest incident involved a confrontation with police in May that end with him in hand cuffs!  And:-----  "The NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell met with Mr. Elliott to reinforce the standards of conduct expected of him and the consequences for failing to meet those standards." https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-avoids-a-suspension-from-the-nfl-after-las-vegas-incident/   Do you really want a player where the Commissioner personally had to tell your player to straighten up,...or else??
    • @Chloe6124   BINGO   Thank You 
    • Disagree, I think he showed for periods he was capable of at least being a solid starter with perhaps the potential for more. The main issue was he constantly seemed banged up, or heading to IR, which disrupted his development quite a bit IMO.    Whether he's done some work while retired to improve his robustness will remain to be seen, but interesting to note in his AAF career he again went onto IR.
    • I'm sure Zeke will react badly to it, but I'm not sure he would be justified in doing so As @Supermancorrectly points out, Smith missed a year, only has one year of solid production as well as not being the "star" of their defense. However he's also not reset the market and becoming the 5th best paid at this position seems about right, a good deal for the Cowboys and a sensible one for the player IMO.    All reports indicate that Zeke has been offered around #2 RB money, and talent wise I'd say that's again about right. However knowing he's the key cog of that O, perhaps more than Dak, he's trying to use his leverage for maximum moo. Not sure I blame him, but he can't get annoyed at Smith getting paid when they've put a similar deal (in terms of relative value IMO) on the table.   
  • Members

• NFLfan

NFLfan 7,799

• Chucklez

Chucklez 844

• SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt 6,910

Moderators
    • Pelt

Pelt 572

• Larry Horseman

Larry Horseman 687