Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You grade the Colts 2019 NFL Draft

Yoshinator

what would you grade the colts 2019 draft?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What would you grade the 2019 Colts Draft?

After reading Scott Pennock's recap of the past 3 drafts, and the scout's explanation of what they see in the player they scouted, and Willis' speech at the B1G kickoff, I think a C I originally gave this draft was too harsh.

I think I was really hoping for Jacobs or Savage and that disappointment came through in my grade. I also thought since last year's draft with 2 All-Pro types was extremely productive, media and some others were overlooking the Banners and Bashams previously chosen in a Ballard can do no wrong sense.

But when Scott listed out the additions of the last 2 years, including the free agents, maybe some patience about this year's draft is called for (Pascal should be on that list somewhere too, Scott).

Finally, thanks to whomever posted the EJ Speed highlights. Very good highlights and I am really pulling for him to make the team...not just the practice squad where he can be poached.

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2019 at 1:19 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I know.  This isn't normal for the forum to be so positive/quiet after the draft.

You'd think with some of our picks being unknown/"reaches", this board would be going nuts right now, but it's not.

It's like people are actually being reasonable and waiting to see how Ballards' picks turn out.  haha

I told everyone to give Ballard "the benefit of the doubt", no matter what his picks were before the draft. People seemed to listen to me! :thmup: This draft came down to Ballard preaching high character and elite athletes. He stuck to his word on each pick. So although I'm a bit unsure about Speed and Green, I know from research that they fit Ballards mantra and have a chance to be high-impact players. The fact that Ballard got a 2nd rounder next year is the icing on the cake!

1 hour ago, ColtsAC said:

After reading Scott Pennock's recap of the past 3 drafts, and the scout's explanation of what they see in the player they scouted, and Willis' speech at the B1G kickoff, I think a C I originally gave this draft was too harsh.

I think I was really hoping for Jacobs or Savage and that disappointment came through in my grade. I also thought since last year's draft with 2 All-Pro types was extremely productive, media and some others were overlooking the Banners and Bashams previously chosen in a Ballard can do no wrong sense.

But when Scott listed out the additions of the last 2 years, including the free agents, maybe some patience about this year's draft is called for (Pascal should be on that list somewhere too, Scott).

Finally, thanks to whomever posted the EJ Speed highlights. Very good highlights and I am really pulling for him to make the team...not just the practice squad where he can be poached.

I'll add Pascal in!

13 hours ago, Four2itus said:

To the bolded...do you mean starters this season? IMO, any team who has 10 wins and drafts at 26 ....and gets 2 starters this season, has done an outstanding job.

2 starters down the line.

I believe Rock ya-sin, will become a starter right away and Pariss will win a starting job alongside TY this season. But the rest of the draft class, again... Im not sold on any of them.

I'm genuinely surprised by the high grades.

I can see why people are excited by Campbell and Ya-Sin has good traits but outside of those two picks they're all projects aren't they? Even our second choice looks to be a player without a set position.

From 10 picks, including 4 in the first 100, I think I'd probably expect a lot more to be giving a high B or an A.