Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft EJ Speed, LB, Tarleton St.

MTC

Little bit of info on him and Tarleton St:

”Speed’s senior year was the college gem he had been searching for as he fulfilled the potential the switch the linebacker promised as recorded a team-high 106 tackles with 55 of those solo stops. Speed recorded 12 tackles for losses, five sacks and an interception as the Texans ran out an undefeated LSC season and finished the year 12-1 in the third round of the NCAA D2 playoffs.”

4 minutes ago, GoDeep said:

Well if that's not a WR name, then I don't know what is.

It’s funny NFL Network had  himlisted as a WR but then it said all these tackles  for loss and I was like what...lol Then I got a text that he’s actually a LBer.... lol made more sense 

I have no idea who this is but they must like him a lot to have him this high on the draft board. Usually it is the late 6th-7th round when you go for these small school guys.

Ballard is really going heavy on defense this draft. Parris is the only offensive player drafted so far.

unior (2017):
Played in five games during an injury-plagued junior season … Made 41 tackles, including 24 solo … Had 8.5 tackles for a loss … Had one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries, including one returned for a touchdown against Angelo State on Sept. 16 … Had a season-high 12 tackles in the season opener against Delta State on Sept. 2.

Sophomore (2016):
National leader in Forced Fumbles with 5 and an average of 0.5 forced fumbles per game … Second-team All-LSC … Played in 11 games and recorded 68 total tackles, which was tied for third-most on the team … Had 13.0 TFLs, including 6.0 sacks … Had his first career interception against Oklahoma Panhandle State on Oct. 29 … Forced a career high three forced fumbles at Eastern New Mexico on Oct. 15 … Twice had double figure tackles, boasting a career high 11 against Southwest Baptist and Midwestern State.

Medical Redshirt Freshman (2015):
Made his collegiate debut on Sept. 26 against Midwestern State and played in seven total games as a sophomore … Totaled 16 tackles, including a season-high five stops against Texas A&M-Commerce on Oct. 3 … Had two tackles for a loss.

Redshirt Freshman (2014):
Missed the entire season due to injury and received a medical redshirt… Converted from wide receiver to defensive end during the spring.

Freshman (2013):
Redshirted as a true freshman… Converted to wide receiver after playing quarterback in high school.

North Crowley High School:
Two-star Rivals prospect… Top-30 prospect in Dave Campbell’s Texas Football Magazine… Passed for over 3,000 yards as a senior while rushing for 350 yards and touchdown… Caught 30 passes for 400 yards and two scores… First-team all-district selection.

Personal:
Is a 2013 graduate of North Crowley High School in Fort Worth… Son of Lisa and Elbert Speed… Has three siblings: Paul, Tyana and Travis… Majoring in Kinesiology… Born June 1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Charges were dismissed.

I figured that

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

An arrest doesn’t equal a conviction. 

What was confusing was that the second article I read was about the diversity he had faced in his college career but said nothing of the arrest

2 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

unior (2017):
Played in five games during an injury-plagued junior season … Made 41 tackles, including 24 solo … Had 8.5 tackles for a loss … Had one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries, including one returned for a touchdown against Angelo State on Sept. 16 … Had a season-high 12 tackles in the season opener against Delta State on Sept. 2.

Sophomore (2016):
National leader in Forced Fumbles with 5 and an average of 0.5 forced fumbles per game … Second-team All-LSC … Played in 11 games and recorded 68 total tackles, which was tied for third-most on the team … Had 13.0 TFLs, including 6.0 sacks … Had his first career interception against Oklahoma Panhandle State on Oct. 29 … Forced a career high three forced fumbles at Eastern New Mexico on Oct. 15 … Twice had double figure tackles, boasting a career high 11 against Southwest Baptist and Midwestern State.

Medical Redshirt Freshman (2015):
Made his collegiate debut on Sept. 26 against Midwestern State and played in seven total games as a sophomore … Totaled 16 tackles, including a season-high five stops against Texas A&M-Commerce on Oct. 3 … Had two tackles for a loss.

Redshirt Freshman (2014):
Missed the entire season due to injury and received a medical redshirt… Converted from wide receiver to defensive end during the spring.

Freshman (2013):
Redshirted as a true freshman… Converted to wide receiver after playing quarterback in high school.

North Crowley High School:
Two-star Rivals prospect… Top-30 prospect in Dave Campbell’s Texas Football Magazine… Passed for over 3,000 yards as a senior while rushing for 350 yards and touchdown… Caught 30 passes for 400 yards and two scores… First-team all-district selection.

Personal:
Is a 2013 graduate of North Crowley High School in Fort Worth… Son of Lisa and Elbert Speed… Has three siblings: Paul, Tyana and Travis… Majoring in Kinesiology… Born June 1.

Impressive Major

5 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

It’s funny NFL Network had  himlisted as a WR but then it said all these tackles  for loss and I was like what...lol Then I got a text that he’s actually a LBer.... lol made more sense 

I am glad to see someone else saw that!

• Thanks 1