Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Khari Willis, SS, Michigan State


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I highly doubt Ballard traded up because the guy is a great teammate.

I was listening to nfl channel o Sirius.  They said he was the S that all the TEs had the hardest time against.  They loved the pick and how Ballard is building the team. 

From TheDraftNetwork...   "Competitive Toughness - Elite competitor with sterling football character. Work ethic and leadership, both vocal and by example, are off the charts. Physical with

I think he's more of a great teammate than a good player. I thought he had 6th-7th round value. He's not beating out Clayton Geathers or Matthias Farley any time soon. 

 

He's a good fit for this defense, but I think they fell in love with the character and picked him too early. He provides nothing in coverage at all man to man on RBs, TEs, and slot receivers.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

I think he's more of a great teammate than a good player. I thought he had 6th-7th round value. He's not beating out Clayton Geathers or Matthias Farley any time soon. 

 

He's a good fit for this defense, but I think they fell in love with the character and picked him too early.

He was a late 4th to Mid 5th by most “expert” sources. So a bit of a reach but not drastically 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

 

I was listening to nfl channel o Sirius.  They said he was the S that all the TEs had the hardest time against.  They loved the pick and how Ballard is building the team. 

This explains it. Both Ballard and Kiper were high on him. I like that.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

He was a late 4th to Mid 5th by most “expert” sources. So a bit of a reach but not drastically 

Yeah I was saying he was a 6th-7th round pick in my opinion watching Michigan State games. He could prove me wrong but I don't see it. Would definitely rather have Hooker or Deionte Thompson.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard's stressed it time and time again, especially recently, but he loves his high character guys.  Obviously they liked him on the field enough to trade up for him, but I definitely believe character played a part in our apparently high interest in him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

I was listening to nfl channel o Sirius.  They said he was the S that all the TEs had the hardest time against.  They loved the pick and how Ballard is building the team. 

Here’s his draft profile...

 

 

Pre-Draft Analysis

Willis is a thick safety with below-average length and average speed. He's a downhill run defender who takes sound angles and is effective playing close to the line of scrimmage. He's instinctive and runs well enough to cover a deep half. He limits production after the catch. He's not a centerfielder, he doesn't have the cover skills to regularly match up with slot receivers and his frame raises concern about his ability to cover tight ends.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Here’s his draft profile...

 

 

Pre-Draft Analysis

Willis is a thick safety with below-average length and average speed. He's a downhill run defender who takes sound angles and is effective playing close to the line of scrimmage. He's instinctive and runs well enough to cover a deep half. He limits production after the catch. He's not a centerfielder, he doesn't have the cover skills to regularly match up with slot receivers and his frame raises concern about his ability to cover tight ends.

That Report match up with what everyone else is saying 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Really appreciate the thoughts - well thought out.  I'm always interested in hearing the mocks of others on this forum.  It always makes me identify how my assumptions are different than others here.   As far as yours goes, you seem to be willing to go with a pretty low investment to replace Costanzo.  But you're highly concerned about the CB situation.  I'm the exact opposite.  I think Ya-Sin and Marvell Tell are going to take steps forward this year, so I'm willing to add a boundary guy pretty late this year and let Rhodes go (Ballard doesn't like to buy high).  I personally like the idea of signing a low-cost swing tackle (Haeg, Roderick Johnson) as insurance, and then add a LT as our first pick in the draft.  I'd also expect trade-downs, though.  Like, trade down to the first part of the 2nd and target Dillon Radunz or Walker Little...
    • Chris went to 7 Pro bowls and was all pro 4 times in Indy.    Plus,   the ring was pretty bare when he went up.   I have no problem with AC going up BTW 
    • Are you serious?  Hinton was a 7 time Pro Bowler, 5 time All Pro.    Castonzo was a solid player, a solid player who got a little better with age.  AC was a good Colt, but should be replaceable with #21.
    • Well thought out mock. Some of the additions I am not the biggest fan of(Ertz), but I can see them happening so, can't really beef with it too much.    I would also prefer we didn't spend a R2 pick on a run stuffing DT after paying 2 DTs long-term big money last year.    Other than that - love Newsome pick up, love Christiansen at that spot in the draft. Like the Patrick Jones pick. Love Deatrich Wise at that money. Overall very solid mock. Good job. 
    • Braden Smith allowed 1 QB hit and 0 sacks in 2020 with Rivers as QB.    
  • Members

    • stitches

      stitches 8,051

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • #12.

      #12. 1,065

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • funktacious2

      funktacious2 396

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • B~Town

      B~Town 210

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyD4U

      IndyD4U 714

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jvan1973

      jvan1973 5,348

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mr.Debonair

      Mr.Debonair 1,722

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BlackTiger

      BlackTiger 66

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • KelownaColtsFan

      KelownaColtsFan 132

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Derakynn

      Derakynn 119

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...