Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Banogu vs. Burns

JMichael557

A lot of the draft is about hype. We tend to know the players that get on the Hype Train. Looking at production and stats Banogu is just as good if not better than Burns. 

These are the production numbers for Burns vs. Banogu

2017           Tackles   Solo   Ast   Loss      Sacks

Banagu          55           32     23     16.5       8.5

Burns             48           26     22     13.5       4.5

Banagu        57             43    14       18         8.5

Burns          52              31    21       15.5     10

In addition Banagu is 6'4" 250 while Burns is 6"5" 235.  

If you look at the combine numbers Burns ran a 4.53 and Banagu a 4.6. However the 3 Cone drill was 7.0 for both. Banagu was superior in the athletic tests as it relates to the broad and vertical jumps. Burns refused to bench press which in my opinion tells you something about concerns that he can hold up against the run. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

A lot of the draft is about hype. We tend to know the players that get on the Hype Train. Looking at production and stats Banogu is just as good if not better than Burns. 

If you look at the combine numbers Burns ran a 4.53 and Banagu a 4.6. However the 3 Cone drill was 7.0 for both. Banagu was superior in the athletic tests as it relates to the broad and vertical jumps. Burns refused to bench press which in my opinion tells you something about concerns that he can hold up against the run. 

Thanks for sharing........  Great points.......

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I wish we would have picked a IDL and continue to address the line. But I also don't see the big picture. 

I'm with you, but I guess they see it being okay. I'm sure there'll be a selection or 2 with the remaining picks. I am happy that they grabbed another weapon for Luck fairly early, I was scared they wouldn't after grabbing Funchess, but TY isn't gonna be here forever and he's on the wrong side of 30.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I'm with you, but I guess they see it being okay. I'm sure there'll be a selection or 2 with the remaining picks. I am happy that they grabbed another weapon for Luck fairly early, I was scared they wouldn't after grabbing Funchess, but TY isn't gonna be here forever and he's on the wrong side of 30.

I agree. With the more I read the more I like our picks also. They weren't picked for what they've done but what they can do. I think all 4 have huge potential. That's what Ballard preaches also. They draft for the potential. 

3 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

I’m guessing you haven’t seen the Ballard video from last night?  Banagu is NOT coming here as s poor man’s Brian Burns. 

Banogu is being called a Jack of all Trades.   He’s being started at SAM linebacker.   But Ballard says he can play all three linebacker spots.  Ballard went in to say that B.B. will also play DE and even some DT.   Called him a rusher.   He can do a little of everything.  

We are not putting him at right DE only.   You’ll see him everywhere. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m guessing you haven’t seen the Ballard video from last night?  Banagu is NOT coming here as s poor man’s Brian Burns. 

Banogu is being called a Jack of all Trades.   He’s being started at SAM linebacker.   But Ballard says he can play all three linebacker spots.  Ballard went in to say that B.B. will also play DE and even some DT.   Called him a rusher.   He can do a little of everything.  

We are not putting him at right DE only.   You’ll see him everywhere. 

We'll find his sweet spot...

• Like 1