Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Names Remaining for Day 3

Johnson is interesting. Some people had him as the top safety. I have to think there’s something character or medical related. I think 4 or 5 safeties went ahead of him. I’m going to do some research.

Hakeem Butler shows that the league is learning, so I’m not surprised he’s there.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Johnson is interesting. Some people had him as the top safety. I have to think there’s something character or medical related. I think 4 or 5 safeties went ahead of him. I’m going to do some research.

Hakeem Butler shows that the league is learning, so I’m not surprised he’s there.

Learning?

Learning what?

• Like 1

Outside of the guys mentioned, my top players are guys like RB Ryquell Armstead, G Dru Samia, and LB David Long Jr.

I think we look at safety day 3, but Chris Ballard did say at the press conference that they liked the depth they already have at safety. Deionte Thompson and Amani Hooker may make it to our first 4th round pick. I really like Jaquan Johnson out of Miami in the late 4th-early 5th range. 

We could look to add TE as well with all the talent that dropped. I'm higher on Alize Mack out of Notre Dame than most, and think Foster Moreau can be a Jack Doyle type player for us.

Gerald Willis III is the guy I would take if we wanted to add to the 3-tech spot on the defensive line.

8 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

Hakeem Butler

Chauncey Gardener-Johnson

Mack Wilson

Julian Love

Anthony Nelson

Amani Hooker

Which of these guys do you hope the Colts can land? Who else is on all of your boards?

Guys I would add to that list that I want at some point:

bryce love 

Greg Gaines 

kelvin harmon

there still a lot of talent out there

After hearing Banogu would be playing SAM with some pass rushing and drafting Okereke, I don't see us going after another LB.

I would like to see us grab Anthony Nelson though. Great pass rush potential and has some time to learn.

As stated above, we don't have a pick for a while, but here are players I would target Day 3: 

Safety 

Deionte Thompson 

Amani Hooker 

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson 

EDGE 

Anthony Nelson 

D'Andre Walker 

Maxx Brosby 

Charles Omenihu 

Interior DL 

Renell Wren 

Gerald Willis 

Daylon Mack 

Daniel Wise 

Tight End 

Foster Moreau 

Dax Raymond 

Issac Nauta 

Alize Mack 

Runningback 

Mike Weber 

Alex Barnes 

Benny Snell 

Offensive Line 

David Edwards 

Dru Samia 

Mitch Hyatt 

Derwin Gray 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Shive said:

After hearing Banogu would be playing SAM with some pass rushing and drafting Okereke, I don't see us going after another LB.

I would like to see us grab Anthony Nelson though. Great pass rush potential and has some time to learn.

If Banogu is playing off ball LB then we still need an Edge. Joe Jackson is still available. So for our 4th round picks give me Amani Hooker and Joe Jackson. I still like Renell Wren at DT late too.

A couple other names I’m throwing out:

-Evan Worthington, SAF

-Armon Watts, DT

-LJ Scott, RB

-Kaden Smith, TE

-Alex Barnes, RB

-Foster Moreau, TE

-Malik Gant, SAF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shive said:

That's logical and you may be right, but the Colts were very thin at LB going into this draft. 

And if Banogu plays some SAM, it would be a small percentage of plays.

I love the Okereke pick, but Mack Wilson may be more suited to play Mike behind Walker.

I'd love it if the Colts had 4 good linebackers. I'm sick of watching the defense get gashed if one starter is missing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

If Banogu is playing off ball LB then we still need an Edge. Joe Jackson is still available. So for our 4th round picks give me Amani Hooker and Joe Jackson. I still like Renell Wren at DT late too.

A couple other names I’m throwing out:

-Evan Worthington, SAF

-Armon Watts, DT

-LJ Scott, RB

-Kaden Smith, TE

-Alex Barnes, RB

-Foster Moreau, TE

-Malik Gant, SAF

I just don't see it with Joe Jackson. He had solid size and some talent, but he just doesn't seem like a Ballard puck to me. There's nothing that necessarily stands out about him.

On the other hand, a guy like Nelson has insane length, great athleticism (especially for a guy his size), and a solid set of pass rush tools. He just seems to fit the type of guy Ballard goes after.

• Like 1