Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Ben Banogu, LB, TCU

21isSuperman

TCU was all about scheme over technique. Ben knows he needs to refine his technique and is looking forward to being able to do that. His athletic ability to get into the opposing backfield is just ridiculous! He's raw right now, but with proper coaching (which he'll get) he's gonna be a Stud!

5 hours ago, stitches said:

I don't see the value if that's how they see him... SAM is on the field for what? 30% of the snaps? 35? He better develop as a passrusher, because relying on him to return 2nd round value at SAM is foolish IMO.  

Yes, I agree. I think the way it will work out is that he will take Muhammad's spot on the roster and be the early down RDE. Eberflus always wants good EDGE defenders on early downs and Muhammad was solid last year. But Banogu I think will be and elite run defender with all that athletism. But on passing downs we can use him in some sort of role with Turay and Houston. 

The only thing is they needs to be  100% clear on what role he is playing in order for him to improve and succeed as an NFL player. 

12 hours ago, IinD said:

First to say it's a reach and terrible pick...

Not picking on you, but this “reach” argument for any pick is ridiculous.   It’s based on mock drafts, which are mostly wrong after the first half of the first wrong.  

Metcalf was in the first round, if not first WR, on every mock draft.  I think he was the 9th WR taken.

Were all of those WRs taken before him reaches?  Or were those mocks just plain wrong.  

Sorry, just venting against the “reach”.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Calmack said:

Isn't he a little small to play DE in 4-3? I know Freeney and Mathis did it but they were bonafide stars. He doesn't seem to fit at LB or DE in our scheme imo

Redefine bonafide star, I watched Mathis and Freeney from their start and it was not like they come out of the starting gates as the duo sack masters of the NFL. It took them time to find to find their chemistry.  It will take time to find out what you got in a rookie. If anybody notices most of your hardworking players come out of the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I'am not knocking on you just saying by looking on this thread how disappointed some of the comments are. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Not picking on you, but this “reach” argument for any pick is ridiculous.   It’s based on mock drafts, which are mostly wrong after the first half of the first wrong.  

Metcalf was in the first round, if not first WR, on every mock draft.  I think he was the 9th WR taken.

Were all of those WRs taken before him reaches?  Or were those mocks just plain wrong.  

Sorry, just venting against the “reach”.

Oh I totally agree. Was just mocking that crowd that would hate almost any pick other then what they wanted.

• Haha 1