Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Drew Lock as trade bait for Ballard?

I would love it if Ballard were fielding calls to to highest bidder to land QB Drew Lock at the 34th overall pick. If Ballard could get something in the ballpark of a 2020 1st and a 2019 3rd from a mediocre team like Miami or so, I'd make the deal personally. 

11 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I would love it if Ballard were fielding calls to to highest bidder to land QB Drew Lock at the 34th overall pick. If Ballard could get something in the ballpark of a 2020 1st and a 2019 3rd from a mediocre team like Miami or so, I'd make the deal personally. 

If Miami or Denver could be fleeced , I would think AZ would make the deal...no ?

26 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Miami is going to be really bad this year and I suspect they know it.  There is NO CHANCE they give up a 2020 first round pick to move up to 34.  A far more likely scenario is a swap of 2nds and then a 3rd rounder.

• Like 1

How many teams need a starting level QB desperate enough to trade? There are at least 3 still out there to be had, Will Grier, Drew Lock, and Josh Rosen at the minimum (might even include  Jarrett Stidham).  If Bengals want a QB, they'll likely let it fall to them pass on all of them and try next year with a potentially better QB class, IMO. Same with Dolphins.

53 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Miami is going to be really bad this year and I suspect they know it.  There is NO CHANCE they give up a 2020 first round pick to move up to 34.  A far more likely scenario is a swap of 2nds and then a 3rd rounder.

Miami will be tanking for Tua next year. No way they pick up a decent rookie QB this year. I don't see them trading with us.

• Like 1

Only Elway and the Broncos that are in love with Drew Lock would give us a 2nd and 3rd for No.34, tops. Otherwise, Rosen is getting traded to the Dolphins making 3 QBs from the 2018 draft - Josh Allen, Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen all in the AFC East. Given the fact that the Broncos passed on Lock twice, at No.10 and No.20 leads me to believe they will take their chances with a much better QB class in 2020.

That is why I said, we most likely stand pat at No.34, and based on what kind of run is going on, package the Redskins No.46 and possibly a 4th/5th to move up to the early 40s if there is a WR or safety they want badly.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Only Elway and the Broncos that are in love with Drew Lock would give us a 2nd and 3rd for No.34, tops.

I like your thinking, Chad.  What if the Broncos really wanted Drew Lock, but picking at 41, they're concerned the Jaguars might take him at 38.  Or even the 49ers at 36.  So the Broncos package up 2/41, 2/52, and next year's 3rd or 4th round pick to move up to 34.  Yeah, I think I'd take that deal.

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

If Miami or Denver could be fleeced , I would think AZ would make the deal...no ?

1 hour ago, Dr. T said:

Miami will be tanking for Tua next year. No way they pick up a decent rookie QB this year. I don't see them trading with us.

32 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Only Elway and the Broncos that are in love with Drew Lock would give us a 2nd and 3rd for No.34, tops. Otherwise, Rosen is getting traded to the Dolphins making 3 QBs from the 2018 draft - Josh Allen, Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen all in the AFC East. Given the fact that the Broncos passed on Lock twice, at No.10 and No.20 leads me to believe they will take their chances with a much better QB class in 2020.

That is why I said, we most likely stand pat at No.34, and based on what kind of run is going on, package the Redskins No.46 and possibly a 4th/5th to move up to the early 40s if there is a WR or safety they want badly.

Miami is reportedly closing in on a deal for Rosen, this years 2nd round pick at #48.  If it gets done, I don't think he beats out Fitzpatrick this year. At least the first quarter of the year.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2019/04/26/josh-rosen-trade-cardinals-dolphins/3589559002/

26 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I like your thinking, Chad.  What if the Broncos really wanted Drew Lock, but picking at 41, they're concerned the Jaguars might take him at 38.  Or even the 49ers at 36.  So the Broncos package up 2/41, 2/52, and next year's 3rd or 4th round pick to move up to 34.  Yeah, I think I'd take that deal.

Huh? 

The Jags just gave Nick Foles $88 Mill, more than $50 Mill guaranteed.

The 49ers gave Jimmy G $137 Mill, with even more than that guaranteed.

Somebody may be interested in trading up.   Denver?   Cincinnati?     Who knows.   But I doubt it's the 49ers or the Jags...

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh? 

The Jags just gave Nick Foles $88 Mill, more than $50 Mill guaranteed.

The 49ers gave Jimmy G $137 Mill, with even more than that guaranteed.

Somebody may be interested in trading up.   Denver?   Cincinnati?     Who knows.   But I doubt it's the 49ers or the Jags...

SMH - you're right.  Totally forgot about those two deals.

In that case, heck with it, we stand at 34.