Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts don't need any new starters for 2019

IMO that is what the decision to move back came down to. Our guys weren’t there but I feel like the Colts are just looking for depth and guys to groom into starters down the line.

But with what we did in the offseason, we don’t need any rookies to come in and start immediately. We finished the season the #7 ranked offense and #11 ranked defense. All the guys responsible for that are still here. 

The Colts don’t have any glaring needs. The biggest question mark IMO is CB2. We also need an eventual replacement for Geathers. But nothing crazy. WR is a perceived need but Ballard doesn’t seem to think it’s glaring. We’re in good hands folks. Our roster is better than some of you think. Trust the process.

• Like 2

Great points.... However

Injuries happen, and some folks are needed for depth... ALL ACROSS THE BOARD

We are dangerously THIN in depth at OL, DL, DBs, LB, and WR

We need to be continually adding to depth this offseason

I DO think that there are players that are still available that MAY end up breaking into the starting lineup, or at least playing significant snaps

Especially at WR and SS

58 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The Colts don’t have any glaring needs. The biggest question mark IMO is CB2. We also need an eventual replacement for Geathers. But nothing crazy. WR is a perceived need but Ballard doesn’t seem to think it’s glaring. We’re in good hands folks. Our roster is better than some of you think. Trust the process.

I agree there are no glaring weaknesses. I don’t see CB as a big question we have Desir Moore and Q. Hopefully Q makes the big leap this season There is a possibility Collins has something to contribute as well. I am looking behind Leonard and we all what happens when Mack can’t go. 

I have said all a long I’m with Ballard when it comes to WR. We have a lot of young guys in that room. Guys that have only been with the team for a year or so. I am looking for a big jump from that group. It had to be a tough last year with the uncertainty around Luck. I am all for adding to the group but don’t feel it’s imperative. 

There are still a ton of talented guys left. We should clean up day 2 and I wouldn’t rule out dropping back from 34 to add more picks. I think up front we like Omenihu Saunders Wren and I like Joe Jackson. I would love to add two of my favorite guys in the draft Gardner-Johnson to pair with Hooker and Montgomery to go with Mack. . This should be a big day.

17 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

This is silly. We could easily end up with 2-3 starters at S, WR, and CB from the next three picks alone.

No glaring holes, but there are definitely several areas that require upgrading. 

Yes, wide receiver is definitely one of them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

This is silly. We could easily end up with 2-3 starters at S, WR, and CB from the next three picks alone.

No glaring holes, but there are definitely several areas that require upgrading. 

Exactly...until we can field a better team than the Patriots we should always be looking for players who can upgrade the roster.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Exactly...until we can field a better team than the Patriots we should always be looking for players who can upgrade the roster.  

bingo

IMO, we need new legit upgraded starters at WR and DT. We need at minimum solid depth at S, and probably CB. 

• Like 1

Day 2 seemed to confirm my thoughts. All the guys we drafted seem to be depth that can start in a year or two. Ya-Sin has to learn to play zone. Benogu is going to need to put on weight and refine his pass rush. Campbell will get touches early. Okereke will be part of the rotation early on. 

Day 3 I expect much of the same; picks with the future in mind. 

• Like 1