Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best left on My Guys list

I'm expecting every one of us to make our own thread on this subject.  'Cause that's just how we roll!

First, I was afraid that the Colts would be obliged to take this route.  That enough of their wish list would already be taken, especially at the most desired positions, that trading down into the 2nd round would become a viable option.  And CB confirmed, he still had some of his cluster of 8 left, but when the Redskins made the offer, it was ok to take it, and pick up a 2nd round pick in 2020.  I figured Christian Wilkins would come off the board before our pick.  But when Dexter Lawrence was taken at 17, I became more certain that trading down was in the cards.

So, of my My Guys List, who is still on the board that could be taken today?

Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

A.J. Brown, WR, Mississippi

Taylor Rapp, S, Washington

Irv Smith, TE, Alabama

Dre'Mont Jones, DL, Ohio State

Rock Ya-Sin, DB, Temple

Vosean Joseph, OLB, Florida

Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio St

Joe Jackson, DE, Miami

Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame

David Edwards, T, Wisconsin

Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

Terry McLauren, WR, Ohio St

Amani Hooker, S, Iowa

Jaquan Johnson, S, Miami

JoJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt

Crossing fingers for tonight!  (CB, don't trade out of 34)

5 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

No Jaylon Ferguson or Zach Allen?

Nope.  They didn't make my personal list.  Ferguson had eye-popping sack totals, but he underwhelmed at the Senior Bowl reportedly due to his insistence on using speed rush only, and not dealing with strength and technique issues well.  Zach Allen felt to me like that classic "pretty good at everything, but not off the charts at anything" kind of guy that I tend to avoid.

Guys I would love getting include Eric McCoy, OC/OG, CB Greedy Williams, WR AJ Brown, S Chauncey Gardner Johnson, WR Parris Campbell, WR Deebo Samuel, DT DreMont Jones. 

Or I'd be intrigued by a team wanting Drew Lock so much they're willing to deal their 2020 1st and maybe a 3rd this year for our 34th overall pick. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. T said:

No Jaylon Ferguson or Zach Allen?

Ferguson has almost no lateral agility, flexibility, or really much athleticism for the position. I see him falling to the late 3rd or early 4th. People like the "diamond in the rough" but he's far from that. He's a small school player with amazing production that has a high floor and a low ceiling.

Both Ferguson and Allen should be solid run defenders, but nothing special as pass rushers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Of course.   I don’t think I disagree.   But I think Ballard knows his players and if/when to gamble on bringing them back.     Not sure I follow your comment about the draft behind him with Pierce be the same as pass rusher?   Can you elaborate?  
    • Last year was brutal for you?   Seriously?   Last year was one of the most enjoyable seasons of my 12+ years of Colts fandom!   A season where the Colts exceeded expectations while playing their backup quarterback.  Watching Steichen coach the heck out of this team!   A real pleasure.  Honestly.    And given the nature of how negative things are around here I’ll share a thought that I fully expect to get laughed at over… Ballard didn’t take the job over Luck.  Ballard took the job over Irsay.   I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Irsay, who had been a GM, then hired Bill Polian,  then Ryan Grigson who got exec of the year one year, then Ballard who also got executive of the year one year.   I don’t believe in coincidences like that.   Irsay knows the complexities of the job.   When Ballard took the job it wasn’t clear what was happening with Luck?   The one constant was Irsay.    Plenty of decisions were made with the trio…. Irsay, Ballard and Reich.     After the Luck retirement the Colts were in win-now mode.  They had a young team built to win and weren’t going to tell them the team was going to be in re-build mode for 2-4 years while a young quarterback learned on the job.     Things look obvious in hind sight.  The Colts plans were known in real time and they made what they felt were the only decisions that they could.   Try to win every year.  And part of the reason Ballard hasn’t been fired is that Irsay approved of those plans, he signed off on them.     Im sorry you may not watch this year.  Steichen is a really sharp guy.  Fun to watch.   I hope you’ll reconsider.   
    • Anyone interested in the #3 position, the Patriots are considering trading down.  Send me a message if you’re interested.
    • not without risking him leaving. Of course. The argument could be made that the draft behind him in Pierce could be the same situation with a pass rusher. 
    • That's cool!   I was fortunate enough to catch him on his last tour just before he passed. Great concert.
  • Members

• richard pallo

richard pallo 8,828

• krunk

krunk 8,219

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 20,929

• Solid84

Solid84 6,230

• PRnum1

PRnum1 2,994

• DoubleE Colt