Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Day 2 Mock - Deano

A bit surprised, but........

Thornhill - SS  (Or Gardner)

Can play SS, FS, CB....... all very well

Love - CB - Built for this defense

Isabella - WR (Or McClaurin)

Montgomery - RB (Love this kid, breaks tackles all day long)

4 Possible Starters

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I hate it.

You win in the trenches no trench players?

You may be right......

My personal list of DL was decimated last night :)

I am the biggest fan of build the lines.......  

But......  I dont see an immediate starter left on the DL or OL in this draft

Risner may be the best at 34 (He can play 3 spots on OL)... But he is depth on this team

These 4 that I picked can contribute right away (at least 2 could start day 1)

In Ballard we trust, but Tillery or Sweat, must have been much lower on thier board than mine

Do you go with depth or starters?

I am going with starters.......

Picks in round 4 and on can be the lines...... "trench" players that can be developed  for later.........  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

We better get Greedy Williams if he is there at 34

You may be right, but Greedy would seem to fit better in man to man vs a zone scheme that we mostly run

He doesnt like to tackle.......  Thats a MUST in this system

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

You may be right, but Greedy would seem to fit better in man to man vs a zone scheme that we mostly run

He doesnt like to tackle.......  Thats a MUST in this system

He gets interceptions, and can lock down other teams number 1 receivers and will be BPA..Some good O-Lineman left too, but we need WR and defense more...All the DT's I liked all got picked up it sucks..Hoping for a combo of Greedy and Metcalf, or AJ Brown with first 2 picks..

Greedy can tackle just picks when he wants to...lol

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He gets interceptions, and can lock down other teams number 1 receivers and will be BPA..Some good O-Lineman left too, but we need WR and defense more...All the DT's I liked all got picked up it sucks..Hoping for a combo of Greedy and Metcalf, or AJ Brown with first 2 picks..

Greedy can tackle just picks when he wants to...lol

Our defense is predicated on the CBs being very good in run support. It's literally how the defense is designed. Putting a player in it that can lock down in man coverage, but doesn't play great zone and picks and chooses when to tackle is no good. He'd be a liability and a waste of a draft pick.

With a Tampa 2, you find guys that fit your scheme, not shove square pegs in round holes. That's also the beauty of the scheme. Guys that fit it can usually be had way later in the draft than lockdown man corners.

19 minutes ago, Shive said:

Our defense is predicated on the CBs being very good in run support. It's literally how the defense is designed. Putting a player in it that can lock down in man coverage, but doesn't play great zone and picks and chooses when to tackle is no good. He'd be a liability and a waste of a draft pick.

With a Tampa 2, you find guys that fit your scheme, not shove square pegs in round holes. That's also the beauty of the scheme. Guys that fit it can usually be had way later in the draft than lockdown man corners.

We trust me I get what you are saying I just like his talent I think he can tackle if that's what he has to do..He will get us turnovers and lockdown big time guys we can also adjust schemes to talent we have since we have legitimate NFL coaches now...

12 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

We trust me I get what you are saying I just like his talent I think he can tackle if that's what he has to do..He will get us turnovers and lockdown big time guys we can also adjust schemes to talent we have since we have legitimate NFL coaches now...

You can't teach a willingness to tackle. You can coach up form, but the willingness to tackle you either have or you don't. We have the ability to do a variety of things within our scheme, but changing the heart of the scheme to fit one guy throws the rest of it off.

Why get a top man CB  at the top of the 2nd that will be maybe average in your scheme when you can get other players that will add more value and still land a CB that's a perfect fit a round or 2 later?

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

You can't teach a willingness to tackle. You can coach up form, but the willingness to tackle you either have or you don't. We have the ability to do a variety of things within our scheme, but changing the heart of the scheme to fit one guy throws the rest of it off.

Why get a top man CB  at the top of the 2nd that will be maybe average in your scheme when you can get other players that will add more value and still land a CB that's a perfect fit a round or 2 later?

Fair enough... I'm starting to hope for Deebo Samuel even over Metcalf now anyways...We don't necessarily need a cb ,  at least not this early as you pointed out..

On 4/26/2019 at 3:17 AM, MikeCurtis said:

A bit surprised, but........

Thornhill - SS  (Or Gardner)

Can play SS, FS, CB....... all very well

Love - CB - Built for this defense

Isabella - WR (Or McClaurin)

Montgomery - RB (Love this kid, breaks tackles all day long)

4 Possible Starters

Several if these guys were taken yesterday...,   Friday.