Sign in to follow this  
Jared Cisneros

Can we use Drew Lock to get a 2020 first round pick?

The Cardinals have Kyler Murray and won't choose Lock at 33. They also have little to no leverage with Rosen talks now that the first round is over and they drafted Murray. They won't trade the 33rd pick because they'll have no draft to build upon after drafting Murray and trading their 2nd round pick. My question is, would you trade pick 34 for a 2020 first round pick to a team that wants Lock tomorrow? We'd have 8 picks left and be a little thin, but Ballard would of effectively traded the 26th pick for a 1st and 2nd rounder next year (and technically moving down from 34 to 46). The reward could be huge next year in both rounds (especially the 1st round).

So would you do it? 

All comments are appreciated!

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Cardinals have Kyler Murray and won't choose Lock at 33. They also have little to no leverage with Rosen talks now that the first round is over and they drafted Murray. They won't trade the 33rd pick because they'll have no draft to build upon after drafting Murray and trading their 2nd round pick. My question is, would you trade pick 34 for a 2020 first round pick to a team that wants Lock tomorrow? We'd have 8 picks left and be a little thin, but Ballard would of effectively traded the 26th pick for a 1st and 2nd rounder next year (and technically moving down from 34 to 46). The reward could be huge next year in both rounds (especially the 1st round).

So would you do it? 

I would like to get some quality picks now to get up to speed. My one concern of trading for the next years 1st round pick is that every year we delay, Luck ages. If Luck was year 3-4, yes, in a heart beat because we have plenty of time but he is year 7 now and he may have 7-8 years left but will they all be elite level years or does he start to diminish in year 5 from here? If there are no quality guys up at 34 worth that pick that we can benefit from, fine, trade away but lets not get so cute here that we outsmart ourselves in the search for stockpiling of picks. I still trust whatever CB will do because he hasn't called to ask my opinion yet lol

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So would you do it? 

Yes.  To Miami or Cincy because neither of those teams would win their divisions and make for a early to mid round 1st.   More than likely and hopefully our 1st rounder will be in the high 20s to early 30's. So the early pick would be very helpful.

Basically wed be trading pick 34 for pick about 15 next yr.   

This is a team that became the hottest team in the NFL at the end of last yr and everyone is back with additions at WR and DE. And another WR in Caine  Add in some draft picks and some more FA additions we could be in better shape this yr even without the 34 pick. And the young guys are going to continue to develop 

I know ther are holes to fill, but we are still in building mode for the championship and its not going to happen over night.

I would trade #34 to Denver for their second and third round picks this year. But would they want Lock that much?