Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
TYtheGHOST

WR Pick of Round 2.

Which WR will we pick in round 2?  

62 members have voted

  1. 1. Which WR will we pick in round 2?

    • AJ Brown
      24
    • Parris Campbell
      8
    • Deebo Samuel
      6
    • D.K. Metcalf
      10
    • Kelvin Harmon
      3
    • Other/We won't pick a WR in round two.
      12


Recommended Posts

It's almost certain in my opinion that we're going to draft a wide reciver in round 2 after the trade back. Who are you guys hoping for? My hopes are set on AJ Brown, Parris Campbell or Deebo Samuel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they take one I hope it’s Brown.  I would have been happy with him at 26.  I think him and the kid from Oklahoma are the best two WRs in this draft.  I also think Brown is a lot like Reggie Wayne and we’ve seen how successful that style of WR is paired with TY.  We also saw how much of a security blanket that type of WR was for Andrew too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

If they take one I hope it’s Brown.  I would have been happy with him at 26.  I think him and the kid from Oklahoma are the best two WRs in this draft.  I also think Brown is a lot like Reggie Wayne and we’ve seen how successful that style of WR is paired with TY.  We also saw how much of a security blanket that type of WR was for Andrew too.

I think the same of AJ. He resembles Wayne in a lot of ways, he's not the fastest but he is probably the most reliable catcher and best route runner of this class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hakeem Butler is the best receiver left on my board. (he was the best overall too) I like AJ Brown, DK Metcalf and Parris Campbell at 34 too... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id be ok with any WR not named DK. AJ, Deebo, Ridley (in the 3rd?), Campbell, Isabella, JJAW, Butler... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Finch23 said:

Id be ok with any WR not named DK. AJ, Deebo, Ridley (in the 3rd?), Campbell, Isabella, JJAW, Butler... 

i agree 1000% 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TYtheGHOST said:

i agree 1000% 

Yea hard pass on Metcalf 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn everybody here hating on DK lol

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

we won't pick WR on day 2

I hope your wrong cuz I'll be furious if we don't.  We def need a writer.  A good one not a 3rd option guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Damn everybody here hating on DK lol

I hope your wrong cuz I'll be furious if we don't.  We def need a writer.  A good one not a 3rd option guy

Draft OT DL CB S TE EDGE over WR

 

Here's my day 2 picks 

 

34 Dalton Risner 

46 Charles Omenihu 

59 Joe Jackson 

89 Lonnie Johnson Jr 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a chance would I take them over aj brown or butler.  I love both recievers and believe we are in heavy need of a good receiver. I mean ballafd might think the opposite like what you are thinking but I really hope we go wr with pick #34

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard that the Cardinals got sniped by the Pats and wanted Harry. Apparently now, they are probably taking Metcalf instead unless it's a smokescreen. Because of that, I'll guess AJ Brown because I believe Ballard will want to beat the WR run if it starts happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually don't think we will select one in the 2nd round but if we do I hope it's Brown.  

 

I think all 3 of our 2nd round picks this year will be on defense.  

 

Unless there is a WR prospect that is just head and shoulders better than any of the defensive prospects, I don't think Ballard will even consider it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arizona needs a WR like nobody business. I would be shocked to see AJ Brown not picked there

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Terry McLauren

This is the pick I expect the most if it's going to be a WR. It may not be my preferred pick but it is my projected pick here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Draft OT DL CB S TE EDGE over WR

 

I agree, think we need a CB or Safety, Dl/Edge Rusher, But I didn't realize that these were all taken care of and why we traded down 20 picks for something next year.....  Hope it works out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McLauren would be a disappointment with all the other talent available. Brown; Butler; Samuel; Isabella; Campbell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that none of them have been taken in the first, we might be able to get our 1st choice WR at pick 46 instead of 34.  I still like AJ or Deebo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

How about: 

Cody Ford, OT

A.J. Brown, WR

Zach Allen, DE or Jaylon Ferguson, Edge

 

?

The significant way the trade for next year's second makes sense is that it usually takes a second rounder to move up from the mid 20s in the first round to the top 15.

 

Only in the top 15 are their LTs good enough to replace AC and Edges good enough to be difference makers.  So I'm now hoping no significant capital is spent this year on those positions.  They are simply not good enough players compared to what we could get next year with the trade up.

 

So WR and even RB makes sense to me in the second round.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The significant way the trade for next year's second makes sense is that it usually takes a second rounder to move up from the mid 20s in the first round to the top 15.

 

Only in the top 15 are their LTs good enough to replace AC and Edges good enough to be difference makers.  So I'm now hoping no significant capital is spent this year on those positions.  They are simply not good enough players compared to what we could get next year with the trade up.

 

So WR and even RB makes sense to me in the second round.

like the post... it will depend on how the redskins fare record-wise as far as where that 2nd round pick falls for 2020 and how much value it has, and of course, where ours falls.  I think Redskins will be much improved with Haskins .... i liken it to how much improved the Houston Texans became after getting Watson....but ,,, I say they only go 8-8.  which puts the 2nd pick at good value.  They also got Sweat, which will help them tremendously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a thought.  Since the WR class is not supposed to be that great would it make sense to trade one of our seconds for Nelson Agholor.  He is reportedly on the block.  Former 1st. rd. pick , only 25, Reich knows him well.  Sort of fits the Ebron ,Funchess profile.  Would be able to step in and play right away.  Ballard might even be able to trade back again and do it.  Just thinking out of the box.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Here's a thought.  Since the WR class is not supposed to be that great would it make sense to trade one of our seconds for Nelson Agholor.  He is reportedly on the block.  Former 1st. rd. pick , only 25, Reich knows him well.  Sort of fits the Ebron ,Funchess profile.  Would be able to step in and play right away.  Ballard might even be able to trade back again and do it.  Just thinking out of the box.  

 

Would much rather get one of the guys this year...instead of having to pay Agholor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I actually don't think we will select one in the 2nd round but if we do I hope it's Brown.  

 

I think all 3 of our 2nd round picks this year will be on defense.  

 

Unless there is a WR prospect that is just head and shoulders better than any of the defensive prospects, I don't think Ballard will even consider it.  

 

I hope you're right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TYtheGHOST said:

It's almost certain in my opinion that we're going to draft a wide reciver in round 2 after the trade back. Who are you guys hoping for? My hopes are set on AJ Brown, Parris Campbell or Deebo Samuel.

 

Campbell in Reich's offense would be SO much fun, that's what I'm hoping for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think A.J. Brown will go to the Niners. Jerry Rice is mentoring him, who (obviously) has great relation with the Niners. They need a receiver, so I connected the dots.

 

And - although he is a hard worker, good guy, etc. - I have a feeling that his personality is not what Ballard is looking for. I like him though, I wouldn't mind if he'd end up in Indy. However I too think Hakeem Butler is a better prospect.

 

And I will not be surprised if Ballard didn't pick a WR in the second round at all. There are tons of different ways to go today, S, edge (Winovich! According to pff, the way they used him in Michigan indicates that they thought he is the better player of the two, not Gary), OL, CB. Tons of options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are people against a WR? In what was supposed to be a great defensive draft, Ballard just traded down 20 spots and passed on taking a 1st round pick. Seems like WR is strong heading into Day Two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

I think A.J. Brown will go to the Niners. Jerry Rice is mentoring him, who (obviously) has great relation with the Niners. They need a receiver, so I connected the dots.

 

And - although he is a hard worker, good guy, etc. - I have a feeling that his personality is not what Ballard is looking for. I like him though, I wouldn't mind if he'd end up in Indy. However I too think Hakeem Butler is a better prospect.

 

And I will not be surprised if Ballard didn't pick a WR in the second round at all. There are tons of different ways to go today, S, edge (Winovich! According to pff, the way they used him in Michigan indicates that they thought he is the better player of the two, not Gary), OL, CB. Tons of options.

I was reading that Winovich fits perfect in our 4-3 defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Why are people against a WR? In what was supposed to be a great defensive draft, Ballard just traded down 20 spots and passed on taking a 1st round pick. Seems like WR is strong heading into Day Two.

Because we just signed Funchess and we have 3 young guys we have not seen yet. Plus Rogers and pascal. Not to mention Ebron and Doyle who are good pass catchers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Why are people against a WR? In what was supposed to be a great defensive draft, Ballard just traded down 20 spots and passed on taking a 1st round pick. Seems like WR is strong heading into Day Two.

 

I'm not against a WR. Not against any position actually. I'm rooting for BPA, whatever position it will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Peterk2011 said:

 

I'm not against a WR. Not against any position actually. I'm rooting for BPA, whatever position it will be.

 

Same here. Hard to know what to expect. I just want to pick at 34...I am feening for a pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think all defense in round 2

 

34.Murphy- to good to pass up

46.CG Johnson- Safety

59.Omenihu- really like this guy

3rd round we go WR

McLauren, Isabella, Samuel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody for Zach Allen?

 I like the idea of going defense in the 2nd and getting WR in the 3rd or at 89.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...