Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2nd Rnd Wish List

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I like a lot of WRs still there, but I was talking about AJ Brown. 

Corner, same thing, but I was talking about Byron Murphy. Greedy Williams is a close second.

Safety, CGJ. Adderley will work as well. 

OL, Taylor and Ford.

I be really surprised if the pick was Williams. He's a press coverage corner that doesn't tackle 

2 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Sure he walked off the podium saying something along the lines of "that 34th pick is going to look pretty good to other teams". 

He knows what he has and I wouldn't be surprised if we fall further back.

Even thinning out the group for medical/character etc, there is a lot of 2nd and 3rd round talent available. Collecting more 2nd or 3rd round picks (maybe including early 4th) in another trade down is quite possible.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Give me three out of Greedy, Murphy, Justin Layne, AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler, McClaurin, Ben Banagu, Winovich, CGJ, Thornhill, Amani Hooker

I wonder if they have even considered Butler or Greedy?

They have met with the others

This will be interesting day

4 picks.

2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

4 picks.

They didn't meet with Nelson last year. Anything is possible. I really think Banogu is a guy they might target. I heard the have a 2nd round grade on him.

34 - AJ Brown - perfect compliment to TY and has the potential to become our WR1 over the next few years.

48 - Taylor Rapp - his versatility would be a perfect addition to our safety group.

59 - Amani Oruwariye - in my opinion, a perfect fit for our scheme. He would provide amazing value at the bottom of the 2nd.

89 - Maxx Crosby or Anthony Nelson - underrated pass rushers. One that tested out of his mind with solid technical skills. The other with great physical measurements, good athleticism, and flashed elite ability to flatten and get to the QB (didn't do it nearly often enough though).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

4 picks.

I just don't see Greedy being the pick for us. He doesn't fit our scheme or have the skillset we need our CBs to have. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shive said:

34 - AJ Brown - perfect compliment to TY and has the potential to become our WR1 over the next few years.

48 - Taylor Rapp - his versatility would be a perfect addition to our safety group.

59 - Amani Oruwariye - in my opinion, a perfect fit for our scheme. He would provide amazing value at the bottom of the 2nd.

89 - Maxx Crosby or Anthony Nelson - underrated pass rushers. One that tested out of his mind with solid technical skills. The other with great physical measurements, good athleticism, and flashed elite ability to flatten and get to the QB (didn't do it nearly often enough though).

Rapp could fit, but he cant play anything but in the box.

4.7 is barely good enough in College.

The other guys would fit well

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Rapp could fit, but he cant play anything but in the box.

4.7 is barely good enough in College.

The other guys would fit well

I can definitely agree with that. I kind of like Thornhill more than Rapp, but I'm not sure where he would get picked. 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

For people who have us selecting a OT, what is the reasoning? To kick Smith inside?

We have zero depth at OT and AC is getting older

An OT to develop is key

I like Risner   

He could play all the positions on the OL

2 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Who you targeting with 34/46/59

OT  (Little, Ford, Taylor) and 

WR (DK, Butler, AJ, Campbell).

Safety (Rapp, CGJ) 

Little would be a great pick anywhere in the 2nd.  all of those sound good.  so many options!

17 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

plus Greedy seems to have graduated from the Deion Sanders school of tackling

16 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

LOL

Sanders was better at tackling  :)      Which is NADA

Both you guys are lost. Everyone knows the best tackling school/program is Prime U lol funny.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What are you even talking about?

Exactly my point!

The post you responded to was my response to the hypothetical presented by another poster of "would you trade the #34 pick this year for the Browns 2020 1st rnd pick".  It was not a comment about last night's trade down; which I am assuming is what you thought the post was about.

Really hoping we pick up Thornhill.  He can do it all and I love his knack for picking the ball off. He's got great awareness, very fast and I love that 40 inch vertical.  We could have packages with Geathers underneath and Hooker and Thornhill deep. That gives us two ball hawks on the back end. You can stick him one on one with Tight Ends, plus he can play cornerback.

Rd 2

Paris Campbell

Juan Thornhill

Ben Banogu

Or

AJ Brown

Chauncey Gardner Johnson

Taylor, Risner or Omenihu(maybe)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, esmort said:

Exactly my point!

The post you responded to was my response to the hypothetical presented by another poster of "would you trade the #34 pick this year for the Browns 2020 1st rnd pick".  It was not a comment about last night's trade down; which I am assuming is what you thought the post was about.

:scratch:   I guess I was lost somewhere along the way. haha

23 minutes ago, krunk said:

Really hoping we pick up Thornhill.  He can do it all and I love his knack for picking the ball off. He's got great awareness, very fast and I love that 40 inch vertical.  We could have packages with Geathers underneath and Hooker and Thornhill deep. That gives us two ball hawks on the back end. You can stick him one on one with Tight Ends, plus he can play cornerback.

Rd 2

Paris Campbell

Juan Thornhill

Ben Banogu

Or

AJ Brown

Chauncey Gardner Johnson

Taylor, Risner or Omenihu(maybe)

Thornhill is great in coverage, but definitely needs to improve in the run game. I like him though.

I absolutely do not like Campbell, especially that high. He's a gadget player that offers little outside of the occasional screen. The value just isn't there, especially with Hynes providing similar value in that area.

51 minutes ago, Shive said:

Thornhill is great in coverage, but definitely needs to improve in the run game. I like him though.

I absolutely do not like Campbell, especially that high. He's a gadget player that offers little outside of the occasional screen. The value just isn't there, especially with Hynes providing similar value in that area.

I couldn't disagree more my friend but to each his own

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Shive said:

You're tripping on Campbells route running but miss the fact that he's got great hands, and would be great with all those crossing routes we run.  Route running can be taught. Especially in the NFL where there's no classes to interrupt how much you spend on your craft.  He can make an immediate impact even without it. More of an impact than even some of these more refined receivers. I like him because of the high upside, speed and he's got great size for a slot receiver. He can be more than just a slot.   You're talking about what he is right now as a college player.  He can't help how they used him at Ohio State.  They mostly did that because he was a converted RB.