Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2nd Rnd Wish List

No trade down:

34 - Dalton Risner

46 - Juan Thornhill

59 - J J Arcega Whiteside

89 - Renell Wren

Trade down scenario: get a 2nd and 3rd from Miami to move to 45 and get 78 too, which would be nice. :) 

45 - Juan Thornhill

46 - J J Arcega Whiteside

59 - Charles Omenihu

78 - Renell Wren

89 - Keelan Doss

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No trade down:

34 - Dalton Risner

46 - Juan Thornhill

59 - J J Arcega Whiteside

89 - Renell Wren

Trade down scenario: get a 2nd and 3rd from Miami to move to 45 and get 78 too, which would be nice. :) 

45 - Juan Thornhill

46 - J J Arcega Whiteside

59 - Charles Omenihu

78 - Renell Wren

89 - Keelan Doss

At this point, why not? Should be able to get good value in a trade, with Jawaan Taylor, Byron Murphy, Greedy, DK, Risner and Cody Ford all with 1st Rd grades and still available. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stitches said:

Lets say.... the Browns offer you their 2020 1st for 34. Take it or leave it? 

I'd eat it up, even if the browns picked where we picked this year at 26,  gives us so much more fire power. We could get a steal or trade it away for more second round picks. I like this trend Ballard has of having multiple second round picks every year 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

At this point, why not? Should be able to get good value in a trade, with Jawaan Taylor, Byron Murphy, Greedy, DK, Risner and Cody Ford all with 1st Rd grades and still available. 

Ballard said in his presser before Round 1 "see you Thursday, or maybe Friday, with a smile." He meant it.

Yesterday, after Round 1, he said, "he may not be done yet gaining picks" and I would be shocked if we don't pull off another trade.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Ballard said in his presser "see you Thursday, or maybe Friday, with a smile." He meant it.

Yesterday, he said, "he may not be done yet gaining picks" and I would be shocked if we don't pull off another trade.

Well, unlike yesterday, I'm gonna see some picks tonight so whatever they decide to do I'm good with it. The 2nd and 3rd have long been considered the value in this draft, so may as well capitalize on that. 34 should be an extremely valuable pick at this point with who has fallen, and the depth of high grades talent still available. What's the maximum value we could squeeze you think? 

Just now, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Well, unlike yesterday, I'm gonna see some picks tonight so whatever they decide to do I'm good with it. The 2nd and 3rd have long been considered the value in this draft, so may as well capitalize on that. 34 should be an extremely valuable pick at this point with who has fallen, and the depth of high grades talent still available. What's the maximum value we could squeeze you think? 

Current 2nd and a future 2nd but fans may not be happy with another future 2nd, or would they? :) 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Ballard said in his presser before Round 1 "see you Thursday, or maybe Friday, with a smile." He meant it.

Yesterday, after Round 1, he said, "he may not be done yet gaining picks" and I would be shocked if we don't pull off another trade.

Sure he walked off the podium saying something along the lines of "that 34th pick is going to look pretty good to other teams". 

He knows what he has and I wouldn't be surprised if we fall further back.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Current 2nd and a future 2nd but fans may not be happy with another future 2nd, or would they? :) 

Depending on the team, and where that future 2nd landed, possibly. Tough to pass on Taylor and Risner on the OL, there's solid WRs available in the Ole Miss guys, there's great corners in Greedy and Murphy...there's a lot of value there. I kinda wanna see one of those dude's in blue! Lol

7 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Depending on the team, and where that future 2nd landed, possibly. Tough to pass on Taylor and Risner on the OL, there's solid WRs available in the Ole Miss guys, there's great corners in Greedy and Murphy...there's a lot of value there. I kinda wanna see one of those dude's in blue! Lol

If we trade back to the middle of Round 2 again, it is very likely we won't get Taylor and Risner, IMO. If Reich is serious about bolstering OL depth, we most likely stand pat at 34. Just a hunch.

8 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

who are they?

I like a lot of WRs still there, but I was talking about AJ Brown. 

Corner, same thing, but I was talking about Byron Murphy. Greedy Williams is a close second.

Safety, CGJ. Adderley will work as well. 

OL, Taylor and Ford.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If we trade back to the middle of Round 2 again, it is very likely we won't get Taylor and Risner, IMO. If Reich is serious about bolstering OL depth, we most likely stand pat at 34. Just a hunch.

I'd imagine they'll both be long gone by 46, probably Greedy and Murphy and DK too, possibly AJ Brown as well. Giving up 34 is passing on major value, especially when you've already acquired an extra...extra 2nd round pick. 

Just now, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I'd imagine they'll both be long gone by 46, probably Greedy and Murphy and DK too, possibly AJ Brown as well. Giving up 34 is passing on major value, especially when you've already acquired an extra...extra 2nd round pick. 

If we do get the Broncos 2nd (41) and 3rd (71), there is an outside chance one of them is still there. That is the trade I am looking for - Broncos 2nd and 3rd for our No.34

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If we do get the Broncos 2nd (41) and 3rd (71), there is an outside chance one of them is still there. That is the trade I am looking for - Broncos 2nd and 3rd for our No.34

Mkay, they've already traded out of 10 tho, so not sure they'll be looking to trade up, but that is pretty great value if they do. Ballard is stacking up the picks, I was pretty angry last night but it's the right move. It certainly isn't flashy (like taking my Irishman Q at 6) but you can't say it's ineffective. 

53 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

DK Metcalf (BPA

Not expecting it, but if the rest of this offense is working properly, the way they want it to work, Metcalf would be lethal in this offense.  This would be the perfect place for him, too, because with TY, he could just be your deep threat for a time until he develops an all-around game.

WR is probably your best opportunity to still get a game changer.  I would take Butler, Brown and a few others.  Not a fan of Whiteside, though.  I'm not seeing what the PFF dudes are seeing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, #12. said:

Not expecting it, but if the rest of this offense is working properly, the way they want it to work, Metcalf would be lethal in this offense.  This would be the perfect place for him, too, because with TY, he could just be your deep threat for a time until he develops an all-around game.

WR is probably your best opportunity to still get a game changer.  I would take Butler, Brown and a few others.  Not a fan of Whiteside, though.  I'm not seeing what the PFF dudes are seeing.

I wanted Nkeal Harry, but that's obviously not happening. He was #1 on my board, reminds me of Deandre Hopkins. I don't particularly care for DK on a team with an average or below average QB, he's gonna need one of the better QBs to make him effective. So, if the Colts landed him, I'd be okay with it. I'd rather have AJ Brown or wait and get Parris Campbell or Deebo Samuel. I'm thinking they go OL at 34, don't think you can pass up Jawaan Taylor or Ford, S or CB at 46, and WR at 59. They could also trade back somewhere in there, so who knows?

9 hours ago, stitches said:

Lets say.... the Browns offer you their 2020 1st for 34. Take it or leave it? 

Browns could win division and make playoffs.   Should that happen, that would make it a bad trade.   If the Browns won only 5-6 games this year, it might be a good trade.  Too risky for my taste.  A distressed pass.

37 minutes ago, stitches said:

#20>#34

I don't agree.  Too many well respected Scouts / GM's say there are only 15-20 true round 1 grade guys in the draft... every year.  OTOH, there are many that say from around 20 something up to as high as 60 often is a close cluster of players with mid to high 2nd round grades.  I'd need a guaranteed top 15 pick to complete the deal, especially since I have to wait until next year to get the guy on my squad.

11 hours ago, Archer said:

Chase Winovich, Sean Bunting, Deebo Samuel, Juan Thornhill, Khalen Samuel, Erik McCoy, Julian Lovrml, Justin Layne, David Long (Cb).

Sean Bunting was one of my CB sleepers.  I was thinking third round.  I also like Derrick Baity out of Kentucky.  I like McCoy, but that would mean Kelly can't stay healthy.  I hope that doesn't happen.

13 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I don't agree.  Too many well respected Scouts / GM's say there are only 15-20 true round 1 grade guys in the draft... every year.  OTOH, there are many that say from around 20 something up to as high as 60 often is a close cluster of players with mid to high 2nd round grades.  I'd need a guaranteed top 15 pick to complete the deal, especially since I have to wait until next year to get the guy on my squad.

If it's true for future drafts it's true for the current draft. Even if there are no more than 15 legit 1st round talents in next year's draft... still the value of no. 20 in 2020 should be much higher than the value of 34 this year. At the very least you can use 20 to trade down to 34 and get an extra second in the proces... 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Corner, same thing, but I was talking about Byron Murphy. Greedy Williams is a close second.

OL, Taylor and Ford.

I forgot all about Adderley.  Is he better in coverage than Thornhill?  Rapp is like an extra linebacker.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coltscrazy said:

I like Zach Allen.  How do you think we could use him?  Can he get up field?

The thing I like about him is that he is relentless, has a high football IQ and has the versatility to play inside or outside. He has also been productive: In college, he has had a total of 16.5 sacks and 40.5 TFLs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superman said:

OL, Taylor and Ford.

I'm hoping for Taylor CGJ and Butler personally