Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2nd Rnd Wish List

Parris Campbell, WR

School: Ohio State | Year: Senior (RS) 
Campbell has 4.31 speed with athletic ability (40-inch vertical, 11-3 broad jump). He's a lot like former Buckeye Curtis Samuel, a second-round pick by the Panthers in 2017. Campbell has good hands and lots of upside, though he needs work on deep balls.

• Like 1

Cody Ford, OT

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior (RS) 
Ford played right tackle at Oklahoma, but might be best at guard. He is a wide body -- you need to hire a taxi to get around him. He has been well-coached at OU and is very tough. Ford should start and play a long time. He is a great athlete who loves the game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

What else is he going to say?  Lol. Sorry I don’t believe it.   I think there was an early run on the interior linemen and edge rushers that Ballard valued as first round picks so he traded back to pick up an extra second next year.  Not sure he got enough to fall back 20 spots into the next round though.  I seriously doubt any of his initial targeted eight are still around at this point. 

52 minutes ago, Archer said:

Chase Winovich, Sean Bunting, Deebo Samuel, Juan Thornhill, Khalen Samuel, Erik McCoy, Julian Lovrml, Justin Layne, David Long (Cb).

Nice list. I like Winovich , Samuel , Thornhill and Lane most from your group.

46 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

What else is he going to say?  Lol. Sorry I don’t believe it.   I think there was an early run on the interior linemen and edge rushers that Ballard valued as first round picks so he traded back to pick up an extra second next year.  Not sure he got enough to fall back 20 spots into the next round though.  I seriously doubt any of his initial targeted eight are still around at this point. 

So far Ballard has been a pretty straight shooter; he could have just said everyone he had a 1st round grade on was gone so he traded back.  He didn't have to even mention the original 8; I think he was likely telling the truth.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Lets say.... the Browns offer you their 2020 1st for 34. Take it or leave it? 

I don't think I do it. #34 is basically a late 1st and I don't think the Browns are going to be terrible, so say we are trading #34 this year for ~#15 next year.  I don't think the value is there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, esmort said:

I don't think I do it. #34 is basically a late 1st and I don't think the Browns are going to be terrible, so say we are trading #34 this year for ~#15 next year.  I don't think the value is there.

34 for 15 and you won't do it? Why? Unless you think this current draft is MUCH better than next year's draft I think it's a no-brainer to trade 34 for any pick you expect to land in about the 1-to-about 25 range... If you think it's likely to land in the 26-32 things are a bit more murky and depend on how much you like the players left on your board vs how good you think next year's draft is. 

37 minutes ago, esmort said:

So far Ballard has been a pretty straight shooter; he could have just said everyone he had a 1st round grade on was gone so he traded back.  He didn't have to even mention the original 8; I think he was likely telling the truth.

He very well could be telling the truth.  If not, we’ll likely never know.  So why not say what he said and further solidify your genius, smarter than everyone else status?  It’s what I would expect him to say...regardless.  

50 minutes ago, stitches said:

34 for 15 and you won't do it? Why? Unless you think this current draft is MUCH better than next year's draft I think it's a no-brainer to trade 34 for any pick you expect to land in about the 1-to-about 25 range... If you think it's likely to land in the 26-32 things are a bit more murky and depend on how much you like the players left on your board vs how good you think next year's draft is. 

The Colts need to actually use the picks to draft players and get them on the team and develop them, especially since CB hasn't been a big player in FA.  

I am almost always in favor of trading down and acquiring more picks (current and future), and feel that the trade back tonight was probably a good move by Ballard, since I believe he really didn't see a drop off in talent between who was available to us at #26 and who would be available throughout the 2nd round (and the players he was targeting were still on the board).

However, unless the we were getting WAY over-compensated (or some other rare circumstance) I am usually not in favor of just straight up giving up an early current pick for a future pick(versus trading back).

24 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

He very well could be telling the truth.  If not, we’ll likely never know.  So why not say what he said and further solidify your genius, smarter than everyone else status?  It’s what I would expect him to say...regardless.  

No way to ever know for sure, but that doesn't seem like Ballard's personality to me. He seems like he means what he says and owns his mistakes.

6 minutes ago, esmort said:

The Colts need to actually use the picks to draft players and get them on the team and develop them, especially since CB hasn't been a big player in FA.  

I am almost always in favor of trading down and acquiring more picks (current and future), and feel that the trade back tonight was probably a good move by Ballard, since I believe he really didn't see a drop off in talent between who was available to us at #26 and who would be available throughout the 2nd round (and the players he was targeting were still on the board).

However, unless the we were getting WAY over-compensated (or some other rare circumstance) I am usually not in favor of just straight up giving up an early current pick for a future pick(versus trading back).

We got a future pick from the Jets last season.

That is the pick that made this trade down possible.

IMO it's pretty apparent that Ballard didn't think there was a drop off in the talent level from picks 26 to 34.

I don't think it is a big deal.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

We got a future pick from the Jets last season.

That is the pick that made this trade down possible.

IMO it's pretty apparent that Ballard didn't think there was a drop off in the talent level from picks 26 to 34.

I don't think it is a big deal.

Maybe I am missing your point??? So you would be in favor of trading #34 pick for the Browns 2020 1st Rnd pick?

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind taking Jawaan Taylor? I think it would be crazy good value & an opportunity to really solidify an already great front. Anyone know our plans with Braden Smith? Are we planning on keeping him at tackle or do we intend on ever moving him back inside? I've been curious.

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Dalton Risner, AJ Brown, Dremont Jones, Justin Layne, Ben Banogu, and Charles Omenihu are 6 players I want on day 2. Make it happen Ballard!

Something is up with Omenihu. Gil Brandt is a Texas guy and didn't even rank him in his top 150 and ESPN doesn't have him as one of the top 10 DE available. 

1 minute ago, FalseStart said:

The colts will trade 34 for two second rounders... 1 in 2019 1 more in 2020... that my guess. 

Yeah, good chance they trade down again.  If you listen to Ballard's press conference, the players they want are in the second.  He says it's just the way it worked out in 2019.  It's similar to last year.  In 2018, you could have traded down in the 2nd and still probably gotten all of your 2nd rounders.  You might have even gotten Leonard, Turay and Lewis in the 3rd.

Hey After a while to reflect, I’m gonna toss out my positional expectations and do more of a modified BPA method:

34) Irv Smith, TE, Alabama.  Doyle gets replaced a year early, though it may just add to Ebron’s Slot opportunities...

46) Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan.

59) Sean Bunting, CB, C. Michigan.  CBs have fallen down the Board, making this happy hunting grounds for CBs.  (Love, Oruwariye, Long, etc.)

89)  Trystan Hill, DT, Central Florida.  Okay, so I didn’t totally throw out the positional drafting...

OT- Jawaan Taylor would be my pick at #34. 1st it's a guy the Jags want, so we'd be taking one from a division rival. 2ND we could move Smith back inside and make a real wall.

CB- Murphy- (pick from the Redskins)- He could be a shut down corner.

WR- AJ Brown- Deebo Samuel-Riley Ridley-Hakeen Butler-Parris Campbell-D.K. Metcalf---Whoever falls to us with our final 2ND round pick..

Wish list?

34) AJ Brown. He's there best receiver in the class and the only one with a first aside from N'Keal Harry

37) Byron Murpy. Give the Giants a 4th to move up and take Byron Murphy

59) Charles Omenihu. Value is value.  I'd love to take one of the safeties but we can get Hooker in the 3rd so that'll be fine.