Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!

I am honestly surprise Lock, Metcalf are both still on board. I expected some team to love Metcalf physicals and take him. Lock I expected a team like NE to take him

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am honestly surprise Lock, Metcalf are both still on board. I expected some team to love Metcalf physicals and take him. Lock I expected a team like NE to take him

What about the Florida tackle everybody expected the jags to take 7th he as far as I know is still on the board.

6 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

What about the Florida tackle everybody expected the jags to take 7th he as far as I know is still on the board.

Jawuan Something. I forgot about him. There were some surprises on who actually ended up going,

Taylor is tumbling down the board due to a knee injury that was flagged in medical. 

I'm not surprised about Metcalf. He will make a great model for a teams uniforms. But hes not a great football player. 

Metcalf is dropping because of injuries, his measurables are Calvin Johnson like, I hope we get him and Greedy Williams..

Don't know if Greedy fits this D scheme as well as some others, he's talented as all get out though

Murphy is a better CB and he's not afraid to stick his head in and hit. Lock falling is a huge surprise, we could trade down with Denver and get a third rounder allowing them to take Lock. We'd go from the #2 pick to a top 10 and add a high third..

9 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I'm more surprised AJ Brown is still there, and think he will go before DK in the 2nd.

6 hours ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

I'm not surprised about Metcalf. He will make a great model for a teams uniforms. But hes not a great football player. 

He'll be a great vertical threat. He didn't learn a lot of routers in college because of the other two WRs he was paired with (bet WR unit in CFB), but he'll be very solid as a speed X and get past the press as good as anyone.

32 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Don't know if Greedy fits this D scheme as well as some others, he's talented as all get out though

Agree. I'd rather have others, including Love (who I think is a match/fit), later in the round if we do go CB.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biggest surprise for me thus far is the Pats taking a WR in the 1st.

Ballard said the mocks and draftniks had it all wrong.  He mentioned there were only 14 or 15 elite draft picks.  He probably saw the guy at the top of the Colts draft board still sitting there at 26 and combined their grade with how the draft was going and figure the Colts can still get him at 34.

The Pats really screwed the Cards. Rumor has it that they were in love with Harry (he's a local product) and probably would have chosen him next. Now the question is will the Cards pick someone we have targeted?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• NFL.com's Profile   Draft Grade: 5.30 NFL BACKUP OR SPECIAL TEAMS POTENTIAL Draft Projection: Round 5 College: Mich St Position: S Height: 5-11 Weight: 213 40 Time: 4.52     BIO: Willis was named the Ann Arbor News Michigan High School Player of the Year in 2014 as a running back after he covered nearly 3,000 yards on the ground and scored 31 touchdowns. He didn't end up at Ann Arbor for college, signing with Sparty. Willis started 3 of 9 games played as a true freshman (11 tackles), but his season ended before the Big Ten Championship Game due to a broken foot. He started one game in 2016, making 30 tackles in 11 contests overall. An opening occurred in MSU's secondary for 2017, and Willis took advantage. He garnered honorable mention All-Big Ten honors that season, accumulating 71 tackles, 5.5 for loss, four sacks, two interceptions, and three pass breakups. He repeated his honorable mention all-conference performance as a senior, posting 84 tackles, two interceptions, and 10 pass breakups in 13 starts for the Spartans.   Overview: Team leader known for his leadership and work ethic, Willis has been a reliable performer with a good nose for the football. However, he's an average athlete with below-average speed who needs to keep plays in front of him, so finding a roster spot on the next level could be a challenge. His high football character and consistent effort level, give him a shot at finding work as a backup with special teams value .   Strengths: Praised for exceptional character Good size with compact build and desired play strength Plays with consistent motor and effort all game long Runs the alley with accurate map to the ball carrier Reliable and plays under control Reads quarterback's eyes for early indicators in coverage Sees the entire field from deep safety Handled some slot cover duties in sub-packages Good awareness from short zone and responds quickly to throws   Weaknesses: Below-average athlete lacking explosiveness Top-end speed is a concern Struggles to range over the top from deep zone Slow to open hips and sprint with early speed Tight strider with below-average burst to close Limited lateral agility to maintain man coverage Very modest ball production    
    • 1. Again that is how people view QBs rather that is fair or not   2. Im referring more from a talent perspective   3. Its more to justify Luck as a talent.
    • I like that there's evidently a clear plan for developing and using him, and I think that's true for everyone they added this year. We'll see how it plays out, but I expect that they'll be trying to put guys in position to excel, not trying to force them to do something they aren't good at.   I think this shows with the Funchess signing. Definitely not my favorite acquisition, and I wanted them to go in a different direction, but Warren Sharp posted splits showing how Funchess performed on certain routes, and compared it with how Luck produces when throwing to those routes. It seems like an ideal match for our offense, and I think the front office and coaching staff identified that together, and went out and got him. I don't think they'll ask him to be a downfield burner, I think they're going to use him on curls, outs, and maybe slants, and I think it's going to add a dimension to the offense, especially on big downs when defenses play tight man coverage.    If they took a similar approach with the players they drafted -- what's the plan for this guy on our team, and how do we develop his traits so that he can excel in this role? -- it will show in the way they use them right away. Tell, Campbell, Willis, Banogu... all have traits that can be tapped into right away.
    • So I'm a little confused now. Are you basing your views on the roster that the QB is playing with instead of the QB himself? I don't see how you can say the AFC championship game on only had "3 great players."    If you ask me has Luck done more with less then some other QB's then that answer is 100% yes. But your question is How do you view Andrew without a championship?       Not how Andrew Luck will be viewed because he doesn't have great teams around him.
    • 1. If my aunt had a set, she'd be my uncle.  Marino didn't win 6 so who cares?   2. The larger point is I am lost on your arm talent argument.  Who cares who had the best arm?  That is only one small component of what makes an elite level QB.  Greg Maddux is a HoF pitcher and he had not close to the velocity of Kyle Farnsworth, who can only get into the HoF if he bought a ticket.  In an NFL comparison, Joe Montana did not have near the arm that Marino or Elway did but he is clearly among the best QB's ever to play the game. 3. I don't care about the Colts 2014 roster.  I know who was on the team and I don't think they would have been a good match up for the 1970 Steelers. I am simply saying that you don't really know if it was the worst roster to make the AFCCG in history.  It's over an over the top argument simply made to prove a point you can't make otherwise.
  • Members

• Matthew Gilbert

Matthew Gilbert 310

• davidshoff

davidshoff 2

Rookie
    • uniquicity

uniquicity 11

• erock

erock 25

• dynasty13

dynasty13 665