Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!
CR91

Colts trade out of first round

Could we possibly trade back into the first from 34? The benefit being the 5th year option, obviously. Possibility. Don't go to bed yet. 

I’m just mad I stayed up watching waiting for the pick. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

All of the 8 he had his eye on were probably gone.

That or they all still were and he knew he could still get one at 34

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Calmack said:

Wrong. We still have pick 34. Probably saw one of the 8-9 guys we wanted would still be available due to the run on bizarro picks early on. Might as well trade back and get an extra second. 

Saw Schultz (local radio guy) say that Ballard said that he viewed guys 15 through 70 as about the same value in this draft.  Not shocking to see this when you read that.  

• Like 1

Hints all week from Ballard that this was possible. Biggest one - little difference between 11 and 70 in his view.

• Like 3

Just now, CR91 said:

And how did you come up with that logic? Do you really see the redskins making the playoffs or winning more then 8 games?

Exactly. I smell another top 3 second round pick next year. Might not be as high of value right now at this moment... but next year, SWEET. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

Ahhhh, maybe so. Good point.

1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

And MAYBE another with the Redskins pick, if not it will be a guy close in value.  So they pretty much got two guys who are going to be of similar talent as to what they would have gotten and most likely another high second round pick next year.  

2 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Apparently ballard sees 2nd round value next year

I mean, there is always 2nd round value. Next year will be no different. And he's gambling on the Redskins continuing to suck (not too dumb right?). Top 5 pick in the 2nd round next year. Book it. 

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Could we possibly trade back into the first from 34? The benefit being the 5th year option, obviously. Possibility. Don't go to bed yet. 

You can go to bed.

• Haha 4

Just now, Wyldhorsefan said:

Ballard is really pissing me off.

See: 2018 NFL Draft

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I can live with the choices Ballard makes.  He's earned that trust in my eyes.

HOWEVER..... the guy could have tipped us Colt fans off a little.

I totally wasted 2 1/2 hours of my life and i'm considering sending him a bill.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, CR91 said:

And how did you come up with that logic? Do you really see the redskins making the playoffs or winning more then 8 games?

I didnt make it up. Future picks are devalued a full round according to the draft chart or the value is cut in half. But w/e it's not end of the world there's still gonna be good players at 34

• Like 1

Just going to put this out there: From multiple sources and most everyone I talk to, the 2020 draft class is going to be one of the most stacked classes in years. Add a 2nd in there? Yes please!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Drop 20 spots back for next year's 2nd rounder? Lmao, that's not good.

Seems like a panic move after everyone they like went off the board.

That Skins 2 is gonna be pretty close to a 1 next year... lol

• Haha 1

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

I can live with the choices Ballard makes.  He's earned that trust in my eyes.

HOWEVER..... the guy could have tipped us Colt fans off a little.

I totally wasted 2 1/2 hours of my life and i'm considering sending him a bill.

Lol agreed brother. 

We traded a first for 2 second rounders...and one of them is next year. That is ridiculous to me. I can see if it was a 2020 first and this years 2nd but it's not. 

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

I didnt make it up. Future picks are devalued a full round according to the draft chart or the value is cut in half. But w/e it's not end of the world there's still gonna be good players at 34

even if thats the case, the redskins are playing with a rookie QB with no weapons and a subpar defense. I can't see them having much success this year

Like what he did. Again next year we’ll be going into it again with 2 second round picks. This year was deep with talent. We have a chance to get 3 Top 50 players in this years draft. 

My problem is we didn’t really gain any picks this year. At least work a 4th out of them.

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Common sense. A draft pick now is more valuable than a future pick.

As a few ppl mentioned, that Skins future 2nd is going to be a premium pick.

If they start Haskins all year, the kid is going to take his lumps and they will not finish the year very high. And if Haskins doesn't start right away it's Keenum or Colt McCoy.

That future 2nd is going to be a top-10ish pick in the second round next year. We will surely enjoy it then.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, boo2202 said:

My problem is we didn’t really gain any picks this year. At least work a 4th out of them.

Exactly what did we gain?

Just now, CR91 said:

even if thats the case, the redskins are playing with a rookie QB with no weapons and a subpar defense. I can't see them having much success this year

Or they can make the playoffs and all of a sudden the picks in high 50s or 60s. This is the NFL man things change fast. 

Probably should have gotten a 4th back with this

• Like 2

We get their 46th pick tomorrow. We have three picks tomorrow. Ballard is so freakin smart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Common sense. A draft pick now is more valuable than a future pick.

...until next year. We can reevaluate then, ok? I'm reevaluating last years trade with the Jets right now, and that future 2nd round is looking great...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

Or they can make the playoffs and all of a sudden the picks in high 50s or 60s. This is the NFL man things change fast. 

Probably should have gotten a 4th back with this

If that happens we can always trade and move up.

1 minute ago, TomDiggs said:

As a few ppl mentioned, that Skins future 2nd is going to be a premium pick.

If they start Haskins all year, the kid is going to take his lumps and they will not finish the year very high. And if Haskins doesn't start right away it's Keenum or Colt McCoy.

That future 2nd is going to be a top-10ish pick in the second round next year. We will surely enjoy it then.

I could be wrong here but I think Haskins is going to be a bust.  He seems to believe is own hype a little too much IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stitches said:

THIS is one of the most outdated views on the draft. There is nothing value-wise that should make a future pick worth less than a current year's pick. 

Except for the fact that a future pick could be like 20 spots higher than the ones they have this year? Lol

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

We get their 46th pick tomorrow. We have three picks tomorrow. Ballard is so freakin smart.

I mean obviously we got their 46th. Would be odd to just give them our 1st for nothing other than their next earliest pick. I do think we could have gotten slightly more value though.