Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

Colts trade out of first round

Colts trade with the redskins

I really hope we picked up some collateral for next year. I'd love that. 

Traded back 20 spots for a 2nd round pick next year

1 minute ago, boo2202 said:

Ok what we get a 1st next year?

Landon collins and next years 1st

Just now, Kyle said:

Hope we got more 

Colts get the 46th overall and a 2nd round pick next year. 

I think it’s a good trade with the 34th pick coming up and a draft with lots of good talent on day 2.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Hmmm.

somehow i feel disappointed

Ballard clearly saw a lot of guys there who will fill a need and is confident they can get one of them with the Jets picks plus maybe one with the pick they got from the Redskins plus add a pick for next year in the process.  Not bad.

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

Hmmm.

somehow i feel disappointed

I agree

Probably not a terrible trade.  Round 2 talent this year isn't much different from late round 1 talent.

Drop 20 spots back for next year's 2nd rounder? Lmao, that's not good.

Seems like a panic move after everyone they like went off the board.

3 2nd round picks will be fun tomorrow though

2 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Wow what terrible value

Nonsense.

Just now, Kyle said:

I agree

Could we not get a third this year too? Twenty spots is a lot for a second rounder next year. Second round pick should be high next year but is it really worth giving up our 1 this year?

Why why why. Fist they don't try to improve the team  by signing anyboday now we trade out? Why why why. I wanna win now not 10 years from now!

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Ballard clearly saw a lot of guys there who will fill a need and is confident they can get one of them with the Jets picks plus maybe one with the pick they got from the Redskins plus add a pick for next year in the process.  Not bad.

I think he sees a lot of second round value right now and saw pretty much all of the guys he was willing to pick at 26 move off the board early. I'm still amazed that people didn't see this coming. He has continued and continues to preach stacking picks. More darts to toss at the board = more chances to land a bullseye. He landed a couple last year, no? I'm going to sit back and watch the magic. 

Not sure about that value. On one hand I feel like we should have got more. On the other hand we pick at 34 so it’s not like we won’t be picking for awhile

1 minute ago, Maniac said:

Montez Sweat was there...

Who likely wasn't on their board.

Just now, James said:

Nonsense.

Trade chart is outdated by about 10 years now. Also a future 2nd is valued as a 3rd rounder not a 2nd

Love the move stack the picks the value in players just wasn’t there for us at 26 couldn’t agree more honestly.. Not to mention the Colts “guy” they probably had their eyes on can be drafted day two so potentially you end up with the guy you already wanted plus another 2nd & 2nd next year i’ll take it.

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Drop 20 spots back for next year's 2nd rounder? Lmao, that's not good.

Seems like a panic move after everyone they like went off the board.

Wrong. We still have pick 34. Probably saw one of the 8-9 guys we wanted would still be available due to the run on bizarro picks early on. Might as well trade back and get an extra second. 

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think he sees a lot of second round value right now and saw pretty much all of the guys he was willing to pick at 26 move off the board early. I'm still amazed that people didn't see this coming. He has continued and continues to preach stacking picks. More darts to toss at the board = more chances to land a bullseye. He landed a couple last year, no? I'm going to sit back and watch the magic. 

Apparently ballard sees 2nd round value next year

2 minutes ago, Maniac said:

Montez Sweat was there...

Umm, I wonder if Ballard knew that?

Just now, Mr_486lo said:

Highly disappointed. Sweat was right there

Do you trust Ballard?

If Sweat was on his board, he wouldn't have traded down. 

That will be a high second round pick. Redskins are not doing much next year. It will be around 35-40th overall I bet next year.

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

Trade chart is outdated by about 10 years now. Also a future 2nd is valued as a 3rd rounder not a 2nd

And how did you come up with that logic? Do you really see the redskins making the playoffs or winning more then 8 games?