Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Fair or not, hypocritical or not, QBs are always treated differently.   If Chad Kelly does play this year, 3 things can happen.   1. Chad Kelly plays so amazingly well that there is NO question that he is the starting QB the following year. (How likely is this to happen? 10% chance? 20%?)   2. Chad Kelly plays fairly well. The Colts have a QB controversy. JB and Chad Kelly fight for the #1 QB position during the preseason, but in all likelihood, neither would be the answer at the QB position if Chad Kelley isn't clearly better than JB.   3. Chad Kelly plays poorly, showing why he was #3 on the depth chart. The coaches must now revert back to JB, after they have shown that they are willing to replace him. The other players now know that they don't have a true #1 leader at the QB position and question the coaches decision.   Unless the coaches completely believe in Chad Kelly, it's my opinion, that he will not play.
    • I hardly call it a mid-game retirement when it was preseason and he hadnt even played. i guess you could say mid-season even technically. logic would call it simply retiring prior to the season starting.  Its all semantics, no reason to argue or discuss.   He’s gone.
    • Or JK Dobbins... Bigger version of Hines and can handle 20+ carries a game
    • I think you play how you normally would because it gives them a chance to end the season on a good note. Also let’s them work through issues they have had. As far as Kelly maybe you give him the second half of the jags game to play a little. No matter what you do not want to create a atmosphere they are quitters. Even if your out of the playoff race.
    • I don't disagree, but it is the wrong choice.  Do we not preach competition?  Why should Jacoby be seen as the unquestioned QB going into next year?  He hasn't earned that right.   Our coaches and gm will be extremely short sighted if they don't play Chad, but they probably won't because it will hurt JBs feelings.  I hate the Patriots but I am in awe of BB.  He would do it without a second thought.
  • Members