Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FWIW: Final Mocks from the "Experts"....

Notice I put "Experts" in quotes....   I know how little so many of you think of them... 

But everyone is out with a final mock today....     so I thought I'd collect them all (the Colts pick only)  and make it one stop shopping for you.

Here we go....

1.    Kiper:        Simmons

2.    McShay     Ferrell

3.    Jeremiah  Simmons

4.    Brooks      Simmons

5.    Casserly    Metcalf

6.    Davis         Lawrence

7.    Zierlein     Simmons

I'd be happy with 6 out of the 7.   Thrilled if it's either Simmons or Ferrell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Notice I put "Experts" in quotes....   I know how little so many of you think of them... 

But everyone is out with a final mock today....     so I thought I'd collect them all (the Colts pick only)  and make it one stop shopping for you.

Here we go....

1.    Kiper:        Simmons

2.    McShay     Ferrell

3.    Jeremiah  Simmons

4.    Brooks      Simmons

5.    Casserly    Metcalf

6.    Davis         Lawrence

7.    Zierlein     Simmons

I'd be happy with 6 out of the 7.   Thrilled if it's either Simmons or Ferrell.

Nice to see you put Kiper at #1. That's right where he belongs! I don't think Simmons will be there for us, but the man does have a nice head of hair! Thanks for posting this. Makes it easier than scouring half a dozen websites or apps to find out.

34 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Nice to see you put Kiper at #1. That's right where he belongs! I don't think Simmons will be there for us, but the man does have a nice head of hair! Thanks for posting this. Makes it easier than scouring half a dozen websites or apps to find out.

Honestly, I’m not trying to infer that Kiper is the best...   I was only trying to number the experts because I wasn’t certain how many I was going to use, and I wanted to keep track of them.

So, I didn’t use Peter Schrager it a few others...

When I started this morning, I happened to go to ESPN first, and Mel’s last mock was up first.   No other reason.

I’m encouraged so many gave us with Simmons.  And I liked Zierlein’s comment saying the team that takes Simmons needs to be patient and no GM is more patient than Chris Ballard!

Turns out...   Schrager ALSO projects the Colts taking Simmons.

I am sooooo hoping!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I like Ferrell from what I've read, admittedly haven't watched him though. I'm kinda expecting the Eagles to take either Simmons or Ferrell, unless there's another good DL left on the board. 

I think you’re likely to be right, but for selfish reasons, I hope you’re wrong.  I want the Colts to get a gift at pick 26!

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Honestly, I’m not trying to infer that Kiler is the best...   I was only trying to number the experts because I wasn’t certain how many I was going to use, and I wanted to keep track of them.

So, I didn’t use Peter Schrager it a few others...

When I started this morning, I happened to go to ESPN first, and Mel’s last mock was up first.   No other reason.

I’m encouraged so many gave us with Simmons.  And I liked Zierlein’s comment saying the team that takes Simmons needs to be patient and no GM is more patient than Chris Ballard!

Just admit it, you meant Mel Kiper has the best hair out of the bunch kelly oubre win GIF :thmup:

• Like 1

The only one I would not have concerns over is Ferrell. Actually would be a little concerned about his size vs NFL guys. He played besides a lot of talent, so just not sure how much is him, and how much was due to overall unit talent. 

Simmons and DK both have injury flags. Dex just doesn't excite me.

Hope they are all wrong.

If you saw me and my bald, shaved head, you’d know I’m not in love with Mel’s hair.   It’s an organism all it’s own!  

I always keep my hair short too as in buzzed or close to it. I wouldn't know what to do if I had hair like Kiper haha . I would probably need a case of hair spray a week to maintain that hair.

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

The only one I would not have concerns over is Ferrell. Actually would be a little concerned about his size vs NFL guys. He played besides a lot of talent, so just not sure how much is him, and how much was due to overall unit talent. 

Simmons and DK both have injury flags. Dex just doesn't excite me.

Hope they are all wrong.

Ferrell is 6’4” and 265 and you’re worried about his size?    What am I not understanding?   That size is practically textbook for a 4-3 RDE.  

Ferrell is 6’4” and 265 and you’re worried about his size?    What am I not understanding?   That size is practically textbook for a 4-3 RDE.  

size was not the word i should have used. i should have said for his size, he has poor agility and below average burst. and that's against college kids. if he gains, it might be an issue

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

Do we double up on D-Line...? We shall soon find out...

Ferrell-Lawrence

Simmons-Tillery

Wilkins-Lawrence...

etc... 

That would be ok with me too...We would be hard to handle on D-Line, and deep..

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you saw me and my bald, shaved head, you’d know I’m not in love with Mel’s hair.   It’s an organism all it’s own!  

My bald headed brother! I knew I liked you for a reason!! Lol

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

If we don't get Lawrence and go defense I'd rather have Tillery than Ferrell, he disappears too much..Simmons won't be there and still rather have Lawrence, Lawrence is Top 10 talent..

You might be stirring the pot but I seriously do want Lawrence. I think people are sleeping on him and trying to pass cause his size. His size is what is great. He's huge and still crashes the pocket, stops the fun and puts a ton of pressure on the QB. He also frees up everyone else taking up blocks. No brainer. He's better than Sheldon and that Vic guy who both went first round

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You might be stirring the pot but I seriously do want Lawrence. I think people are sleeping on him and trying to pass cause his size. His size is what is great. He's huge and still crashes the pocket, stops the fun and puts a ton of pressure on the QB. He also frees up everyone else taking up blocks. No brainer. He's better than Sheldon and that Vic guy who both went first round

No pot stirring I really do want Lawrence in a Colt uniform..I've seen multiple experts compare him to Wilfork...We have never had a player like him, he isn't just a run stuffer either, he pushes the pocket...

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

No pot stirring I really do want Lawrence in a Colt uniform..I've seen multiple experts compare him to Wilfork...We have never had a player like him, he isn't just a run stuffer either, he pushes the pocket...

Thank you brother. But you can't tell em nothing heh. Reminds me of last year when I was beating the Nelson drum :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Thank you brother. But you can't tell em nothing heh. Reminds me of last year when I was beating the Nelson drum :)

I could even make the argument his teammates Ferrell and Wilkins look a lot better because of Lawrence..

I just saw a Mock on NFL Network that had Ferrell falling PAST the Colts. Been pretty much believing he would be off the board by the time we pick...……… Now maybe …….. MAYBE he will still be on the board late in first round ? Dare I hope ?

38 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Lawrence is really good at what he does, I just don't value what he does very highly. Wilfork is a fair comparison, as a nose tackle. I think Wilfork would play 30% of the defensive reps in today's NFL.

• Like 1