Indianapolis Colts
LucasOilStadium

2019 NFL Draft Thread

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

Agreed. Unless he plays that into something better

Trading back 20 spots and only getting a second out of it is well disappointing 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Son of a !! Me too!

Imagine those that drove down to watch it live!

• Like 1

That didn't seem like a great trade. So that gives us 3-2's?

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

That is going to tick off a bunch of people!

I’m not ticked we traded back, half expected it. But I’m shocked what little we got

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That is going to tick off a bunch of people!

My thoughts exactly .

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Traded out of the first round.

I'm disappointed.

There were corners and WRs

They will be there at 34

Redskins have a tough schedule. They could go 3-13 which would make that 2nd Rd 2020 pick worth over 500 points + #46 is worth 440

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm disappointed.

Why would we take them at 26 when we added picks AND just pick them tomorrow... come on man

Just now, csmopar said:

I’m not ticked we traded back, half expected it. But I’m shocked what little we got

On top of who went off the board with our pick. Just went way too far back for my liking.

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

That is for sure not worth trading down.

Don't like it.  And before you call me a Ballard hater.....you just dropped 20 picks to get a second round pick a year from now.  THAT IS NOT GOOD VALUE.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It is not little, IMO. We got used to an obscenely one-sided trade with the Jets, and we got about 900 plus points on the trade value chart in return for our 700. Such trades do not happen too often in the NFL, the Jets kind that is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This forum is about to go crazy

Oh for sure. Oh well off to bed now. Freaking Ballard...haha

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Next years class is loaded. That 2nd is going to be really good player

• Like 3

If Washington pick similar range next year we gain around 200 points so not too bad I guess. Would've liked another 4th in there though

1 minute ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Who needs a 1st, when you can get a 2nd rounder! Derrrrp

It's actually a 1st for two 2s.  And likely fairly high 2s.

Good trade considering the pool of talent in this range of the draft.

Ballard really really trusts his evaluation process...he hit a home run last year in rd 2...if he repeats it then I give him all the credit...but he has some balls to drop that far imo...he better nail it!

2 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

Redskins have a tough schedule. They could go 3-13 which would make that 2nd Rd 2020 pick worth over 500 points + #46 is worth 440

You can't base a trade on what a team might do a year from now.  

Wow.  Such little value.

And it isn't even for this year.  So no help this year.

Wow.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

It is not little, IMO. We got used to an obscenely one-sided trade with the Jets, and we got about 900 plus points on the trade value chart in return for our 700. Such trades do not happen too often in the NFL.

We traded back twenty spots.... out of the first round, and back twenty spots. I’m a huge Ballard fan and trust him, but we lost the trade on this one. There wasn’t a diehard had to have player for me at 26th, so I’m cool with the trade, but it was light on the value 

• Like 1

The true value of this draft is in the 2nd round...and the Colts have 3 picks in it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, threeflight said:

That is for sure not worth trading down.

Don't like it.  And before you call me a Ballard hater.....you just dropped 20 picks to get a second round pick a year from now.  THAT IS NOT GOOD VALUE.

Well, we’ll....   look who predictably showed up?   Like clock work.

And once again, you’re wrong.  At least you’re consistent.

It’s not good value.  It’s VERY good value!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Next years class is loaded. That 2nd is going to be really good player

Meh they said the same last year 

So does this mean no one in his 8 was there? Or quite a few still there so he feels comfortable he can get one at 34?

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

We traded back twenty spots.... out of the first round, and back twenty spots. I’m a huge Ballard fan and trust him, but we lost the trade on this one. There wasn’t a diehard had to have player for me at 26th, so I’m cool with the trade, but it was light on the value 

If what they said is true, that players from mid-1st round to 3rd round are just a few notches apart, this ends up being a good trade for us, especially since the next year draft class is more loaded on the skill position side.

I'll trust this scouting staff Ballard has assembled to evaluate next year's class to make this trade.

• Like 1

Just now, PeterBowman said:

The true value of this draft is in the 2nd round...and the Colts have 3 picks in it.

That is soothing to know but would have liked to see a bit more from the Skins

2 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Why would we take them at 26 when we added picks AND just pick them tomorrow... come on man

Pick who tomorrow? Sweat, Abram? Yeah they're gone. And whoever else of any actual value that disintegrates between our first pick. Bad value all around. A future 2nd isn't that valuable, not enough to entirely leave the first round. Sweat is a stud, Abram a stud. Whatever, hopefully he nails these picks. 

Just now, threeflight said:

You can't base a trade on what a team might do a year from now.  

Wow.  Such little value.

And it isn't even for this year.  So no help this year.

Wow.

We will pick a great player with that 2nd Rd pick next year

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

but we lost the trade on this one.

I'm gonna keep doing what I've been doing and see what happens before I say Ballard made a bad decision.

Just now, chad72 said:

If what they said is true, that players from mid-1st round to 3rd round are just a few notches apart, this ends up being a good trade for us, especially since the next year draft class is more loaded on the skill position side.

Maybe, we shall see. Ballard has a plan and has earned my trust so I’m good with it(like my opinion matters haha )

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm disappointed.

The 1st round corners aren't a good scheme fit and the WR value got pushed way down.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It is not little, IMO. We got used to an obscenely one-sided trade with the Jets, and we got about 900 plus points on the trade value chart in return for our 700. Such trades do not happen too often in the NFL.

I don't know man. I think when you want back into the first, you're going to have to over pay. I would have at least wanted their 3rd this year too.. 

2 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Pick who tomorrow? Sweat, Abram? Yeah they're gone. And whoever else of any actual value that disintegrates between our first pick. Bad value all around. A future 2nd isn't that valuable, not enough to entirely leave the first round. Sweat is a stud, Abram a stud. Whatever, hopefully he nails these picks. 

That's you're opinion.. not mine

Regardless of the health issues I wasn't that intrigued with Sweat and Abram I was meh on

A year from now we will know a little more on the value...it isn’t just a spot..there was real guys sitting there we just passed on...for theoretical players..who knows. Again...Ballard has earned some trust with last year but dang to move that far back...hope he didn’t get to smart for his own good.

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'm gonna keep doing what I've been doing and see what happens before I say Ballard made a bad decision.

I don’t think it was a bad decision, I actually think the trade notion was good. Just would have liked to see more value for trading back.

• Like 2

Not a draft value chart expert, but on the one I looked at, even if Wash wins Super Bowl, Colts got higher value by trading back.  Wash ain’t winning the Super Bowl.

• Like 1