Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Last Minute WR Draft Thought

I feel like Ballard puts a big emphasis on getting high tier athletes at WR. Last year he added Fountain and Pascal who jumped through the roof and Cain ran a 4.4 at 6'2. 

The theme we heard about our coaching staff has been that they are great teachers. We even let go of our o-line coach, who did a good job, because a coach that is said to be a great fundamental guy was availble. Sirianni is also said to be a great teacher by some chargers WRs he worked with.

All that makes me believe that the theme for the draft is going to be about adding top tier athletes who have questions concerning their technique, production or level of play in their division. Since our staff is stacked with great teachers we are going to get the best out of them but the last checkbox for the prospects is going to be their character. Our coaches are here to teach and not to look after the players off the field.

Johnsons athletic profile is not good enough imo to be considered by the colts. I would look more towards guys like Boykin, E.Hall, D.Slayton, C.Thompson(Jonsons teammate), D.Sills,A.Dulin or A. Isabella to be selected on day 2-3.

• Thanks 1

If we are looking for a guy to bring along as our slot while providing an immediate threat as a PR and KR. It has got to be Mecole Hardman. He is a plus athlete and did it vs SEC competition at the UGA.  A real threat to score every time he touches it.

• Thanks 1

Here's a last minute thought.  It's now being reported the Eagles are prepared to trade Nelson Agholor.  Former 1st.rd. pick whose 5th. yr. option just jumped his salary to over 9m this year.  If the Eagles take a WR early he is expected to be available.   Needless to say Reich knows him very well and he really fits the same mold as Ebron and Funchess.  Only he's not a FA.   Both 1st. Rd. proven NFL players in their mid 20's.  I doubt it would take a top pick to get him.  He would provide an immediate upgrade that would play now.  Just a thought like I said.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1