Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll: Predicting 2019 Ballard D1&2 Position Picks (draft eve)

Poll: Predicting 2019 Ballard D1&2 Position Picks (draft eve)  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What position will the Colts draft with 26 (or with their 1st pick if they trade picks)

2. 2. What position will the Colts draft with 34 (or with their 2nd pick if they trade picks)

3. 3. What position will the Colts draft with 59 (or with their 3nd pick if they trade picks)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/25/2019 at 10:00 PM

9 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Where are the options for "Damned if I know!"???

Just kidding  :D

Damned if I know either lol.

One thing I know, some will +, some will moan, some will be happy, some will scratch their head, some will say I told you so. I personally don't care if it translates to a SB in the next 3 years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

One thing I know, some will +, some will moan, some will be happy, some will scratch their head, some will say I told you so.

Yeah if it's anything like last year, there will be a lot in the "* & moan" category, even more in the head-scratching category (like me), and there will be that one guy that got it right and lets us all know about it.  haha

5 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

I personally don't care if it translates to a SB in the next 3 years.

Same.  :thmup:

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Yeah if it's anything like last year, there will be a lot in the "* & moan" category, even more in the head-scratching category (like me), and there will be that one guy that got it right and lets us all know about it.  haha

Same.  :thmup:

Last year when I heard Nelson, I was stoked (I'm an ND fan and I knew he's very special). The second two picks didn't freak me out or anything, but I did have to go play on the google machine. I knew Smith because I see a lot of SEC football here down South, and have an Auburn buddy.

Didn't really know Leonard except for some casual reading pre-draft on big boards. I did think both were a bit of a reach, but I was happy as hell we got a second OL (I thought we would have taken a T), and I absolutely loved Leonard's profile/history after I read it. Didn't know if it would translate to the NFL since he was from a smaller school, but his Senior Bowl effort and game against Clemson helped me to embrace things the more I read.

• Like 1

I'm just ready for this to start!  Tired of all the threads where everyone is guessing and speculating.  I know it's fun and I've learned a lot, but this has been like getting the Christmas catalog (yes, I'm aging myself) 2 months before Christmas.  You can only circle things so many time and fold the corners of pages over so many times...the waiting is getting exhausting!

Ultimately, it's up to Santa as to what you get :)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I'm just ready for this to start!  Tired of all the threads where everyone is guessing and speculating.  I know it's fun and I've learned a lot, but this has been like getting the Christmas catalog (yes, I'm aging myself) 2 months before Christmas.  You can only circle things so many time and fold the corners of pages over so many times...the waiting is getting exhausting!

I loved those catalogs. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

Voted iDL, S, and WR. I think S and WR could be interchangeable though, and will depend on who's out there.

Almost did this and then pulled the trigger on an O-lineman with #34. I'm thinking McGary. 

5 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Do kids today text their parents links to toy websites?

6 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

So Chris Ballard is Santa? No wonder my gifts from Santa were "reached" on every year! :lol:

15 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I think there's a difference between "Which positions will the Colts like to pick?" and "Which positions will the Colts actually pick?"

I think most are weighing talent level within position groups vs colts need vs what will be there when we pick. 

I agree with what Ballard said about there being around 15ish tier 1 players in this draft, and then about 55ish tier 2 guys that are all close. that means that 26, 34, and 59 are likely the tier 2 guys unless one of the top 15 guys fall to 26. the only unknown here is who are Ballards top 15, and how he views the stack from 16-70 tier 2. iDL is likely the position due to depth of this years draft that we'd take at 26, but who knows what might fall, or not fall. WR and S, which most experts say are also our top needs should be easily availalbe 16-70.