Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB Chris Harris [Merge]

From ProFootballRumors .com 10:49 ET >>>>>>>>> Broncos cornerback Chris Harris Jr., who has not reported to minicamp, has formally requested a new contract or trade, as Adam Schefter of ESPN.com reports . Harris was listed on Wikipedia's roster for last January's Pro Bowl. More from ProFootballRumors .com  >>>>>>> "But he does have leverage, as he has become one of the best corners in the league and is the heart and soul of the Broncos’ secondary."

Conversation

Benjamin Allbright

@AllbrightNFL

I wonder if Chris Harris is enough to entice the Colts to swap pick 26 for pick 41... #Spitballing

11:30 PM · Apr 23, 2019 · 

·

15mReplying to

@AllbrightNFL

That’s a steal for the Colts. Move down just 15 spots & get Harris? Seems like it would have to take more.

Harris is 29.  He is also mainly a slot corner, so even though he is one of the best in the league, IDK how much I'm willing to give up for a guy that doesn't play on the outside a ton.  So he's sort of a borderline Ballard guy IMHO.  He DOES check off all other boxes though, so I certainly wouldn't be mad if they got him.  Wouldn't give up a first, but perhaps one of the 2nd's and maybe a 3rd next year (or reverse that)?  Of course securing a long-term deal first would be a must.

16 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Harris is 29.  He is also mainly a slot corner, so even though he is one of the best in the league, IDK how much I'm willing to give up for a guy that doesn't play on the outside a ton.  So he's sort of a borderline Ballard guy IMHO.  He DOES check off all other boxes though, so I certainly wouldn't be mad if they got him.  Wouldn't give up a first, but perhaps one of the 2nd's and maybe a 3rd next year (or reverse that)?  Of course securing a long-term deal first would be a must.

I don’t think ballard would pay him what he wants. Albright is suggesting maybe the colts switch 26 for Denver’s 41. Maybe throw in a third or fourth round pick. That would give us 3 second round picks.

• Like 1

he said last year, or maybe it was the year before, that he wanted to play outside CB, instead of slot corner. he's considered one of the top 3 slot corners, so Denver wasn't hearing his ask.

he'll be 30 before the season starts. he broke his leg late last year. gonna pass. if we really wanted a CB, I'd take one at 26, and ride the 4 year rookie contract out. not one of our top 3 needs. i really don't want to sign at 30 year recently injured CB for more than 2 years, and he'd likely want a 4 year deal. he's too old for a prove it. made 10 or 11M last year, and tackles have been declining. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't see this one. Allbright has been onto this "Colts are looking at CBs both in trades and in the draft" thing... but this specific one... I don't know doesn't make much sense. Harris is 30+ and he's going to ask for big money... AND our arguably best CB who is 23 already plays at Harris' position. I don't think the price is worth it.