Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Clark - Seattle... Why?

Something that no one seems to bring up is, ..... Why would Seattle, just not sign Clark to a long term deal and be done with it

The 2020 Cap https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap/2020/ shows 54 Million in available cap AFTER the QB signing

Its said that the BEST pass rushers just never come available. (We have ALL heard that)

I believe that they could have easily worked a contract and still have money left over to sign players 

My belief.......  Seattle was able to get out from under a HIGH risk player.....  They KNOW more than KC

I for one AM GLAD..... we didnt sign this guy.... we dodged a bullet

• Like 2

He did threaten a female journalist for writing negative stories about him

He is a excellent pass rusher, supposedly top 5 in the league.... the going wisdom is that you dont let them leave

There is more to this story... IMHO

17 minutes ago, loudnproudcolt said:

I don't understand K.C. Giving up Dee Ford for a 2nd, and then getting Clark for a 1st and a 2nd plus the $$$. Many thought it was Ford's positional fit going forward, but I just don't understand the thought process.

Yeah me either. They should've just kept Ford if they were going to do this.

• Like 1

At the end of the day is Frank Clark a risk? Sure.

Does the guy perform? Absolutely.

Is he worth what he got paid in the current market in the NFL? Yes.

Am I glad we did not pay the draft pick price along w the dollar price to get him? Yes.

Seattle doesn't have a huge ulterior motive. It is fairly simple with them....they have too many guys to sign.

They just paid a premium for Wilson. They have to try to pay Bobby Wagner and Jarran Reed next off-season too.

When you know that paying Clark is gonna cost you some talent and you also know he is a bit of a risk and you also are at a deficit in terms of draft capital and you need to try to rebuild on the fly, you turn him into two premium picks and re-stock.

It was just a smart move by Seattle. Basically similar to when NE let Chandler Jones in his prime go for a premium pick. Jones was 26 at the time and coming off of a 12.5 sack season. NE didn't want to pay him long-term and turned him into a 2nd rounder.

Seattle did the same with Clark, who has a bit more off-field baggage, and turned him into a 1 and a 2. Just smart business by Seattle in my humble opinion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

In 2014 he beat up his girlfriend. He has had a couple other incidents with the law also. I don’t believe he has had any while being in the nfl.

Something is evident, Reid could care a less bout men who beat women.  His decisions leave a bad taste in my mouth.  U think with all that his sons have went thru, he would b picky with regards to a players  character. I have always said.  One kid goes down a dark path.....it happens.  Two kids and that is  reflection of faulty parenting. That's an indictment of Reid's character.  Sorry for preaching.  Just needed to say that.