Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius Leonard changes tire for complete stranger

ColtStrong2013

That is awesome!!! Love the fact that he hasn’t let his fame go to his head and is still willing to help his fellow man/woman. Just be careful what areas in Indy you do this in Mr. Leonard, and watch out for other drivers as well, as Poundcake found out the hard way unfortunately, RIP.:Cry: 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, HectorRoberts said:

It’s sad really. He can do all these good deeds but they will always get over shadowed by the media for people like hill for beating kids or brown being a drama queen on the internet. 

This is something the NFL needs to work on.  They get this reputation of their players being bad people.  And while there are some bad apples in the NFL it's not really true, NFL players are arrested at lower rates than the general population.

The NFL needs to make it more of a priority to expose their people doing good things.  From stuff like visiting sick kids in the hospital, to founding charities, to something as simple as Leonard stopping to help a stranded motorist change a tire.  

• Like 3

It's his character.    I was at a game last year, at field level.   He was there and signed an autograph for me and a buddy.   He asked my friend if he could borrow his sharpie.   Of course he let him.   Darius went over and signed a bunch of stuff for some kids and 10 minutes later came over and sought us out to return the marker.   I thought that was pretty cool of him.

• Like 6

Nice.  Every story about him just seems to reinforce how good of a dude he is.  :scoregood:

So glad he's a Colt!

(I can only imagine some of the comments in this thread if the story had been "Darius Leonard tears achilles changing tire"... 'what are you doing Darius? that's what AAA is for!?!?!' ... 'shoulda kept driving Darius' ... 'no good deed goes unpunished Leonard' ... 'we don't need nice-guy LBs, we need nasty LBs' ... etc.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Nice.  Every story about him just seems to reinforce how good of a dude he is.  :scoregood:

So glad he's a Colt!

(I can only imagine some of the comments in this thread if the story had been "Darius Leonard tears achilles changing tire"... 'what are you doing Darius? that's what AAA is for!?!?!' ... 'shoulda kept driving Darius' ... 'no good deed goes unpunished Leonard' ... 'we don't need nice-guy LBs, we need nasty LBs' ... etc.)

Not sure about everyone else, but I wouldn't have thought any different if that achilles tear had happened.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

So glad he's a Colt!

Well, it's the kind of guys Ballard looks for high character guys we should be proud of Ballard as well in finding players like this it's the method of his madness. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Not sure about everyone else, but I wouldn't have thought any different if that achilles tear had happened.    

I would have thought even more highly of him. Anytime a top athlete gets out of the bubble everyone expects them to live in to do any good in this world, it should be commended. Darius is going to hit big in a few years, and he's unlikely to change his approach to life. Some guys understand where they come from and know what they are blessed with compared to the world around them outside the locker room. 

• Like 2

On 4/22/2019 at 7:30 AM, Nadine said:

His parents raised him right

There is the difference right there. if parents did a better job to preparing their children to be thankful and kind culture of sports and the would would be much better. Too many raising their kids to live by excuses not valor

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

This was posted on his Facebook profile yesterday...wonder if there's a connection between this and the post here.

50574205_388030888616303_5023641955561635840_n.thumb.jpg.32e064cf4706601e803310c9c61f189e.jpg

What if Luck rubs off on him so much he starts being nice to guys he tackles?  haha

"Nice job not fumbling" to a HB he just stuffed for no gain.

"Good catch" to a WR he just plastered over the middle.

"Don't worry man, you're a good player" to a QB he just sacked forcing a fumble.