Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gil Brandt compares Daniel Jones to Peyton Manning

danlhart87

Gil is going into the hall of fame for a reason.  He's old now, but still sharp.  He's not saying Jones is better than Peyton.  What he is saying, is Jones reminds him of a College draft eligible Peyton, just like a scout might say Jeffrey Simmons reminds him of Fletcher Cox going into the draft. And digging further I can see a reason beyond a few common physical attributes, the development coach I'll mention below.

Dave Gettleman has a poker face, but many still tie Daniel Jones going to the NY Giants to (eventually) replace... Eli Manning. Brother of Peyton.  The connection between all 3 of them?  David Cutcliffe.  Or, as Peyton calls him, Coach Cut.

Cutcliffe was Peyton Manning’s quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator at the University of Tennessee, and Eli Manning’s head coach at Ole Miss. “My dad had the biggest impact on me, but after that it was Coach Cut,” Peyton says. “Because he got me from [age] 18 to 22 and developed me.”  They both still revere him and work with him and the Duke team often.

https://abc11.com/sports/peyton-and-eli-manning-visit-duke-football-head-coach-train-with-team/3308894/

I didn't laugh when I saw this at all.  And I heard in Senior bowl drills, Drew Lock outperformed Daniel Jones.  But in the actual game, Jones outperformed Lock!  Many NFL personnel have them graded very close.  And a good many of them give Jones the edge, and Peyton agrees!!

“Daniel has a real advantage because he has been coached by Coach Cutcliffe,” Peyton Manning says… “or Coach Cut, as everyone calls him.”

The New York football Giants desire/require a certain kind of QB, not just any (especially flashy / braggadocios) QB.   Jones might fit that bill quite nicely.  Maybe at pick #17 instead of #6, if they think others aren't as interested and will drop that far... or Will Grier at #37 if they miss out or mess it up. We'll see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Coach Cutcliffe coaching, That white jersey with blue lettering, throwing primarily from the pocket only with an occasional movement outside the pocket...I see the similarities. :) 

Only time will tell. I do agree with @ColtsBlueFL that anyone can be a practice stud but when the game is moving at high pace, the real QB that is capable of processing information shines brighter.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 7:57 AM, chad72 said:

Coach Cutcliffe coaching, That white jersey with blue lettering, throwing primarily from the pocket only with an occasional movement outside the pocket...I see the similarities. :) 

Daniel Jones can run, though. He's a pretty good mover, in the pocket and on the run. I actually like him, and it's not outrageous that the Giants would have him as QB1 in this draft.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

Daniel Jones can run, though. He's a pretty good mover, in the pocket and on the run. I actually like him, and it's not outrageous that the Giants would have him as QB1 in this draft.

He does have Alex Smith like wheels, I noticed. Yeah, I'd be shocked if he drops past No.17. For the Colts' trade back reasons, I hope Daniel Jones or Drew Lock sticks around till No.26.

On 4/22/2019 at 8:48 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Gil is going into the hall of fame for a reason.  He's old now, but still sharp.  He's not saying Jones is better than Peyton.  What he is saying, is Jones reminds him of a College draft eligible Peyton, just like a scout might say Jeffrey Simmons reminds him of Fletcher Cox going into the draft. And digging further I can see a reason beyond a few common physical attributes, the development coach I'll mention below.

Dave Gettleman has a poker face, but many still tie Daniel Jones going to the NY Giants to (eventually) replace... Eli Manning. Brother of Peyton.  The connection between all 3 of them?  David Cutcliffe.  Or, as Peyton calls him, Coach Cut.

Cutcliffe was Peyton Manning’s quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator at the University of Tennessee, and Eli Manning’s head coach at Ole Miss. “My dad had the biggest impact on me, but after that it was Coach Cut,” Peyton says. “Because he got me from [age] 18 to 22 and developed me.”  They both still revere him and work with him and the Duke team often.

https://abc11.com/sports/peyton-and-eli-manning-visit-duke-football-head-coach-train-with-team/3308894/

I didn't laugh when I saw this at all.  And I heard in Senior bowl drills, Drew Lock outperformed Daniel Jones.  But in the actual game, Jones outperformed Lock!  Many NFL personnel have them graded very close.  And a good many of them give Jones the edge, and Peyton agrees!!

“Daniel has a real advantage because he has been coached by Coach Cutcliffe,” Peyton Manning says… “or Coach Cut, as everyone calls him.”

The New York football Giants desire/require a certain kind of QB, not just any (especially flashy / braggadocios) QB.   Jones might fit that bill quite nicely.  Maybe at pick #17 instead of #6, if they think others aren't as interested and will drop that far... or Will Grier at #37 if they miss out or mess it up. We'll see.

Excellent post.  Thanks from this Duke alum and fellow Colts forum member.  I think Daniel Jones is going to surprise a lot of people.  #6 was likely too high to take him but make no mistake...he is the most pro-ready QB in the class.  He is not the scrub that many in the media are trying to make him out to be. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

#6 was likely too high to take him

Nah... when you identify a guy (double for QB/s) you want, you get him when your pick comes up. Nothing worse than bypassing that pick for another flashy guy, then waiting and watching as another team snipes him just before your "next" pick.

He won't sit 3 years though, unless Eli sips from the fountain of youth...

But watching Eli for at least one year is invaluable...

• Like 2

On 4/26/2019 at 10:34 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Nah... when you identify a guy (double for QB/s) you want, you get him when your pick comes up. Nothing worse than bypassing that pick for another flashy guy, then waiting and watching as another team snipes him just before your "next" pick.

He won't sit 3 years though, unless Eli sips from the fountain of youth...

But watching Eli for at least one year is invaluable...

Scary to think they could have had Josh Allen and Jones. All I can say is I hope it works out for them, but I don't see Jones replicating Eli, let alone Peyton's career. Regardless if he's had Cutliffe as his teacher/mentor/tutor etc.. he's still so far behind, in my opinion, where Peyton and Eli were at this stage in their life/career as a QB. The kid does seem to have a good head on his shoulders and looks to be a very humble individual but he's going to have to grow extremely fast in order to fill the shoes that Eli is going to leave him and what the Giants, and fans, will expect of him.

7 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Scary to think they could have had Josh Allen and Jones.

It's possible, but quite likely only if they do a trade up from 17.  Gettleman swears Jones would not have lasted to 17.  He hints either a QB needy team would trade up in front of them, or one already ahead of them would peel his name off the board and they would miss out.  I laughed when I heard this- Gettleman responding to a reporter that he knew was married a long time "Did you wait for your wife to fall to you, or did you go get her?"

All I can say is I hope it works out for them, but I don't see Jones replicating Eli, let alone Peyton's career. Regardless if he's had Cutliffe as his teacher/mentor/tutor etc.. he's still so far behind, in my opinion, where Peyton and Eli were at this stage in their life/career as a QB.

Gettleman liked him over all the other QB's.  Every QB struggles their rookie year. Some more than others. Jones will too, and Haskins, etc...  Does not Peyton Manning still own the rookie QB interception record?  But as long as there is continuous improvement and the arrow continues to point up, you keep rolling on. Whether Peyton, Eli, or Daniel.

Coach Cut said he only would have liked to have Jones back one more year if only to improve his accuracy, otherwise he is NFL ready. But he can do that as a backup in NY as well.

The kid does seem to have a good head on his shoulders and looks to be a very humble individual but he's going to have to grow extremely fast in order to fill the shoes that Eli is going to leave him and what the Giants, and fans, will expect of him.

He gets to sit behind Eli for a year.  How did that work out for Pat Mahomes behind Alex Smith? Rogers behind Favre? He also seem to have the demeanor to survive the NY media in NY Giants style.

My thoughts? Haskins had a better team around him. His receivers were drafted.  9 Ohio State players drafted. No Duke / Jones receivers were drafted. Jones was the only Blue Devil drafted, in fact.  Duke O-line was essentially non existent. Turnstiles. But Jones completed passes as he got drilled a lot! He stands in there and is tough.

Finally, everyone was livid Gettleman took Barkley and not a QB (Darnold) last year.  Now they are livid he took a QB instead of a DE.  I think I heard Charlie Weiss said he might have taken Allen, then traded back up for Jones. But that depends upon finding a trading partner and/or getting back in front of any team that also wanted him. And he admitted (this morning in fact) that strategy could have backfired if he could not have traded back up far and in time enough to get his QB.

Last year twitter world blew up when Dorsey/Browns took Baker Mayfield instead of Darnold.

This year it is Gettleman/Jones over Haskins.

I can guarantee the looked at every throw both of these guys made... over and over. Met with them, watched them work, etc...  which tells me they like Jones over other QB's in the draft, but over Kyle Lauletta as well (no surprise to me).

I wonder how Jones would have done at Ohio State, and Haskins at Duke?  Hmmm...

I get second guessing, it's what fans and the media do. I don't understand why people act like they absolutely know what would have happened (i.e, 'no other team would have taken Jones,' etc), or like they absolutely know whether a player will be good or not. Especially at QB.

Everyone did this with the Trubisky pick. We -- myself included -- praised the Niners for roping the Bears into a trade from #3 to #2 and still getting Solomon Thomas. Most criticized the Bears for investing in Trubisky. The stories have not been completely written yet, but two years in, the Bears look a lot smarter with Trubisky than the Niners with Thomas (who might not make it to Year 3, per some reports). 

So why can't we just wait and see how Daniel Jones plays? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the Giants messed up.  Just my opinion.   They should of at least traded down a few spots and took him.     I don't think he'll be a good NFL QB.    I'm not a Giants fan, so I'm good with that.  

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I think the Giants messed up.  Just my opinion.   They should of at least traded down a few spots and took him.     I don't think he'll be a good NFL QB.    I'm not a Giants fan, so I'm good with that.  

We wont know until sometime next season.  Eli is the main man right now.  And if they get the O line fixed, Eli can still be effective.  Jones learn how to be a pro before being thrown into the fire.

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

We wont know until sometime next season.  Eli is the main man right now.  And if they get the O line fixed, Eli can still be effective.  Jones learn how to be a pro before being thrown into the fire.

That's the plan and would be best for Jones.    We'll see how it goes.   Eli has never been a great QB.  

But I think with Barkely can take enough pressure off of Manning to help him do OK.   The team isn't going anywhere this season.   Probably 4th in the NFC East.

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Have you watched Jones?

I'm asking because everyone is so down on him, but I've watched him and I like him. I don't see why everyone is so certain he won't be good.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Superman said:

Have you watched Jones?

I'm asking because everyone is so down on him, but I've watched him and I like him. I don't see why everyone is so certain he won't be good.

Only a couple times.   He looked great in the bowl game.

I am basing allot on what draft "experts" and others have been saying.   They almost give it a 50/50 chance of him being good.  That's pretty bad for a 6th pick in the draft.   

Sitting on the bench for a couple years should should help him, so I could be wrong.  

Draft-wise, I stand by my "they messed up" comment.  They didn't need to take him at 6.  

I don't think they'll be any better next year.

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Only a couple times.   He looked great in the bowl game.

I am basing allot on what draft "experts" and others have been saying.   They almost give it a 50/50 chance of him being good.  That's pretty bad for a 6th pick in the draft.   

Sitting on the bench for a couple years should should help him, so I could be wrong.  

Draft-wise, I stand by my "they messed up" comment.  They didn't need to take him at 6.  

I don't think they'll be any better next year.

There's a strong consensus that they didn't have to take him at #6. That's a fair assumption. I'm only saying from the Giants standpoint, them taking any doubt out of the equation makes sense. Same thing the Bears did in 2017, coming up one spot for Trubisky just to make sure they got their guy, even though chances are they didn't need to. I feel like if you have conviction that a guy is your next franchise QB, then nitpicking over draft spot is kind of silly. Just get your guy and keep it moving.

I have way more of a problem with the Dexter Lawrence pick than I do with the Daniel Jones pick. 

Jones reminds me of Matt Ryan. I think he has a high floor, and the tools you need in an NFL QB. I think there's a lot of echo chamber / group think with the "experts" on this one. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Have you watched Jones?

We all know Duke was not on TV (for football) very much for average Joe to consume, let alone have any all 22 tape.  Very few have watched very much, if any, of Jones.  Couple of things-

I like Jones too, especially the NY Giants fit.  What do I not like?  His arm strength isn't the best, and another year at Duke to improve accuracy would have been nice... if they could protect him better.  But I'm actually OK with both of these things a believe he will improve both as a Giant.

Next, I heard coach Cut say (I think to Charlie Weiss on SiriusXM NFL Radio?) in an interview that Jones would not have lasted until #17-

“No. I know things that I can’t reveal, but he would’ve gone well before that,” Cutcliffe said. “There were people that quietly had their hearts set on him.”

Finally totally agree with you and the Trubisky comparison and rationale.  When you need a QB, and you've found 'the guy', you just take him and go. Prove all the doubting Thomas' wrong.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I like Jones too, especially the NY Giants fit.  What do I not like?  His arm strength isn't the best, and another year at Duke to improve accuracy would have been nice... if they could protect him better.  But I'm actually OK with both of these things a believe he will improve both as a Giant.

I think he's plenty accurate, and has the arm to fit the ball into tight windows. I know his completion percentage is bad, but he suffered from a lot of drops and almost as many batted passes. I see a QB who makes accurate throws and places the ball well.

He doesn't have a booming arm, but he has enough arm strength. His velocity at the Combine was better than Haskins, better than Lamar Jackson, better than Trubisky and Deshaun Watson. He basically has the ball velocity of Dak Prescott, which is more than adequate in the NFL. Against Clemson, with Clelin Ferrell barreling down on him, he threw the ball 45 yards off of his back foot. And on the more routine throws, he gets the ball to the receiver with plenty of zip. I'm more than okay with his arm strength.

He has a bad habit of falling away while throwing, rather than shifting weight from back to front and driving through that front leg. He torques at the shoulder and some at the hip, which is a big technique issue that a lot of QBs have, especially when pressured. Aaron Rodgers does a lot of this, but he's Aaron Rodgers. Jones makes it work also, but it's going to mess with his release point, his accuracy and his velocity, and he needs to take a few thousand reps to get rid of that habit. Good thing he doesn't have to play right away, and good thing the QB he's sitting behind knows exactly what his QB coach has been training him to do for the last four years...

“No. I know things that I can’t reveal, but he would’ve gone well before that,” Cutcliffe said. “There were people that quietly had their hearts set on him.”

And whether we take that at face value or not, the truth is no one can know for sure what might have happened if they didn't take him at #6. To act like we do is a problem for me.

Prove all the doubting Thomas' wrong.

Thomii?

I've only watched some of the Duke vs Virgina Tech game, no others.  Jones is tough.  He was under pressure a lot but will stand in and deliver.

We'll never know if anybody would have leapfrogged NY at 17 to get him.  Gettleman and Cutliffe say yes, but no other team is going admit they would have and toss their #1 pick under the bus either.  Stalemate.

And the doubting Thomases once again know I'm a terrible typist...

On 4/30/2019 at 12:50 PM, Superman said:

I get second guessing, it's what fans and the media do. I don't understand why people act like they absolutely know what would have happened (i.e, 'no other team would have taken Jones,' etc), or like they absolutely know whether a player will be good or not. Especially at QB.

Everyone did this with the Trubisky pick. We -- myself included -- praised the Niners for roping the Bears into a trade from #3 to #2 and still getting Solomon Thomas. Most criticized the Bears for investing in Trubisky. The stories have not been completely written yet, but two years in, the Bears look a lot smarter with Trubisky than the Niners with Thomas (who might not make it to Year 3, per some reports). 

So why can't we just wait and see how Daniel Jones plays? 

Just because the player the Niners picked was a bust and Trubisky turned out okay, doesn't make the trade any better. 

To me, that's a little too much ends-justify-the-means for my liking

16 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

Just because the player the Niners picked was a bust and Trubisky turned out okay, doesn't make the trade any better. 

The item at hand is the Bears prevented any other team{s} giving the 49ers players and/or enough draft capital to allow them to leapfrog the Bears and take their QB. The Bears assured they got 'their guy'.

How picks turn out is a different topic.

40 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

The item at hand is the Bears prevented any other team{s} giving the 49ers players and/or enough draft capital to allow them to leapfrog the Bears and take their QB. The Bears assured they got 'their guy'.

How picks turn out is a different topic.

And was it worth it?

Anyways, I'm not sure, and maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not sure that's what he's saying in the first place.

He said "The stories have not been completely written yet, but two years in, the Bears look a lot smarter with Trubisky than the Niners with Thomas (who might not make it to Year 3, per some reports)."

To me, that sounds like he's saying the Bears are looking like they're winning the trade because they drafted Trubisky instead of Solomon Thomas

1 hour ago, BigQungus said:

12 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

And was it worth it?

Anyways, I'm not sure, and maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not sure that's what he's saying in the first place.

He said "The stories have not been completely written yet, but two years in, the Bears look a lot smarter with Trubisky than the Niners with Thomas (who might not make it to Year 3, per some reports)."

To me, that sounds like he's saying the Bears are looking like they're winning the trade because they drafted Trubisky instead of Solomon Thomas

Nope.

At the time, I defended the Bears trade under the same rationale -- if you want the QB, just get him. Like the kids are saying now, "secure the bag." And I was a huge Solomon Thomas fan, so I'm kind of surprised that he isn't working out with the Niners, and I hope he gets with a staff that gives him a real chance.

So here, it's the same thing. It's not about the ends justifying the means. I'm saying Trubisky is an example of the media and fans dumping on a team for what was judged to be a bad draft pick, while at the same time praising the Niners for what was judged to be a great pick (and a great trade; I still think they did good in the trade). The point is that history proves that next day draft analysis is about as worthless as pre-draft prognostication. So why not just wait and see whether Jones is actually worthy of being drafted #6, rather than acting like we know for a fact that he's not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Superman said:

Nope.

At the time, I defended the Bears trade under the same rationale -- if you want the QB, just get him. Like the kids are saying now, "secure the bag." And I was a huge Solomon Thomas fan, so I'm kind of surprised that he isn't working out with the Niners, and I hope he gets with a staff that gives him a real chance.

So here, it's the same thing. It's not about the ends justifying the means. I'm saying Trubisky is an example of the media and fans dumping on a team for what was judged to be a bad draft pick, while at the same time praising the Niners for what was judged to be a great pick (and a great trade; I still think they did good in the trade). The point is that history proves that next day draft analysis is about as worthless as pre-draft prognostication. So why not just wait and see whether Jones is actually worthy of being drafted #6, rather than acting like we know for a fact that he's not?

Well I still think that the trade wasn't worth it, but whatever.

I do agree that we shouldn't say things with certainty before the season actually starts, but I get why people are highly skeptical of Jones.

On 5/2/2019 at 12:47 PM, Superman said:

Have you watched Jones?

I think most people are puzzled he was taken #6 is the problem with the pick when Haskins was there. Also most people think Haskins will be the better the pro and the Giants could've took him instead. I know we can't assume but thirdly most people think Jones would've been there in round 1 at #17 when the Giants picked again so they could've took Josh Allen at #6 instead and drafted Jones at #17.

22 hours ago, Superman said:

Nope.

I am not sure that Trubisky will ever be a QB that will be very good or great. I guess he is good but good may never cut it regarding winning a SB. Bears had a dominate defense last year and they lost in the wildcard round at home and only put up 15 points. I am not sold on Trubisky as of now. He isn't in my top 10 QB's going into the season but that is IMO. When you get taken #2 you need to be very good or great.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure that Trubisky will ever be a QB that will be very good or great. I guess he is good but good may never cut it regarding winning a SB.

Ummmm.... OK.  Go back in all of Bears history.  Then list All of the QB's that are better than Trubisky will ever be. I'm patient... I'll wait...

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jim McMahon was better.

Sid Luckman, Jim McMahon, and Jim Harbaugh were all better actually. That is 3.

Also I said Trubisky was good but he isn't very good or great IMO. Name 10 QB's that are worse in today's league? You can't so not sure what your point is? He isn't even top 10. 

Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees, Luck, Rivers, Ben, Wilson, Cam, Stafford, Ryan, Wentz, Foles, Goff are all better. I just named 14 better off the top of my head that I would take over Trubisky.

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Also I said Trubisky was good but he isn't very good or great IMO. Is he in the top 10 QB's in your opinion? So not sure what your point is? He isn't even top 10. 

Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees, Luck, Rivers, Ben, Wilson, Cam, Stafford, Ryan, Wentz, Foles, Goff are all better. I just named 14 better off the top of my head that I would take over Trubisky.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Also I said Trubisky was good but he isn't very good or great IMO. Name 10 QB's that are worse in today's league? You can't so not sure what your point is? He isn't even top 10. 

Doubling down on this post? :D

The only reason that 90% of the people bashing the Daniel Jones pick, are bashing the Daniel Jones pick, is because the media told them it was a bad pick; or predraft rankings insinuated that it was a bad pick. People need to start doing their own research and analysis, not just on topics like these, but in general (cough* POLITICS cough*).

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think most people are puzzled he was taken #6 is the problem with the pick when Haskins was there. Also most people think Haskins will be the better the pro and the Giants could've took him instead.

Like when John Dorsey took Baker Mayfield over Sam Darnold last year?

Who are most people?  Do they lose their jobs if wrong 2-3 years down the road?  Giants looked at every throw Haskins and Jones made in college, and decided upon 3 year starter Jones over a 1 year starter Haskins.  Evidently, they think he will be the better pro, especially in the New York environment.

https://elitesportsny.com/2019/05/01/new-york-giants-news-daniel-jones-receives-unique-praise-from-jay-bilas/

I know we can't assume but thirdly most people think Jones would've been there in round 1 at #17 when the Giants picked again so they could've took Josh Allen at #6 instead and drafted Jones at #17.

Mindless and unproductive chatter.   Besides, what if someone else did take him before their next pick?  Now the Giants lost their guy.  The Team would be upset, but fans wouldn't know any better and screaming about how they didn't take a QB again,  just like last year...  etc...

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure that Trubisky will ever be a QB that will be very good or great. I guess he is good but good may never cut it regarding winning a SB.

He made a big leap from year 1 to 2.  He is poised with Nagy to make the big 3rd year QB leap now.  He is better than many QB's winning or making it to a SB... such as Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, and yes...  Jim McMahon.

Bears had a dominate defense last year and they lost in the wildcard round at home and only put up 15 points. I am not sold on Trubisky as of now. He isn't in my top 10 QB's going into the season but that is IMO. When you get taken #2 you need to be very good or great.

He is rising, going into year 3 with an innovative HC that is developing him.  He was even a different QB in week 17 than in week 1 last year, with plenty of improvements still to go.  With a new Monsters of the Midway defense, he is more than good enough, now and especially in the near future.  I'm more worried for the Bears D after losing Fangio than their O with Trubisky, to be honest.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Luckman isn't super bowl era, and, it's only your opinion.  Ranker disagrees-

https://www.ranker.com/list/all-chicago-bears-starting-quarterbacks/phoenixd112?page=1

Comparing an NFL sophomore QB to established vets?  I think he gets into Goff, Wentz Foles area very quickly.  How about Jameis Winston? Marcus Mariota? DeShaun Watson?

Then Kyler Murray? Sam Darnold (the QB love of last year) Josh Rosen, Josh Allen?  Baker Mayfield?  Lamar Jackson?These are the ones up and coming (if they can).  Great QB's are like the finest of red wine that gets better as it ages. We'll see how all of these age.

Now you throw in the QB's of topic here, Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins.  G men bet on Jones, and (many) of those not experts or paid to do it for living disagree.  That's fine, but does not make them right.  Time will be the arbiter on these items.

@ColtsBlueFL, ok all fair points. When I say "most" people, there was not 1 person in the media that I seen on ESPN or the NFL Network that liked the Jones pick. If Jones turns out to be great than I guess everyone will be wrong. Regarding Trubisky, it will be year 3 now so it should be a breakout year for him if he really is in that top 10 discussion, right? He has the coach and the defense. I am just saying as of now he in't there yet after 2 years. Luck was in the top 10 after his 2nd season.