If the Colts are actively searching for Anthony Castonzo’s successor at left tackle, Dillard could certainly be a prospect they consider with one of their early picks. However, the likely means a first-round selection would be the way.

Dillard has experience as a four-year starter at left tackle. His athleticism and footwork allows him to immediately be a successful left tackle in the NFL, but his run blocking does need improvement. Luckily for the Colts, he wouldn’t have to start right away.

A high character prospect, Dillard could be what the Colts are looking for if they wanted to invest early in an offensive lineman.

There is a 5% chance Ballard selects an offensive lineman at 26. I know AC is a free agent at season’s end but the guy stays on the field and is durable. In the past 7 seasons, he’s played all 16 games 5 of those 7 seasons.

I know he’s 30 and only played 11 games last season ,but if he goes out and plays solid this season, he will get rewarded with a new contract. Remember, Ballard rewards his guys who earn it. 

• Like 1

If he is still there for the Texans they will take him. I like our starters. If we get a oline it will later in the draft for depth.

2 hours ago, fire cartier said:

If the Colts are actively searching for Anthony Castonzo’s successor at left tackle, Dillard could certainly be a prospect they consider with one of their early picks. However, the likely means a first-round selection would be the way.

Dillard has experience as a four-year starter at left tackle. His athleticism and footwork allows him to immediately be a successful left tackle in the NFL, but his run blocking does need improvement. Luckily for the Colts, he wouldn’t have to start right away.

A high character prospect, Dillard could be what the Colts are looking for if they wanted to invest early in an offensive lineman.

Dillard is the top left tackle prospect in the draft...   the chances of him being  available at 26 are almost zero.

He should be gone between 10-25...   hard to see this happening...

I think the Colts will lean toward their #1 pick to being a starter week 1. The front rows need to be better first, then the 2nd row can become a focus.

• Like 2

If the Colts see Dillard as their future LT then I wouldn't mind this pick at all. Either way, we lack quality depth at the tackle spot. If Costanzo or Smith goes down, I don't feel very optimistic about the backups that we currently have.