Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WoolMagnet

Jets are shopping the #3.

I just saw on NFL network that the Jets would like to "move down and pick up the 2nd round pick they traded to THE COLTS."  (I had to laugh)

I am not saying we should but wouldnt it be funny to fleece them again with their own pick!?

Just for laughs, our 1st (#26), our  2nd (#34! and their original pick), one of our 4th round picks and ....: a couple shrimp cocktails from St Elmo's.

Then there is the question of who we'd take.  Or does Ballard pull a Kevin Costner and trade it to the Raiders for ALL 3 of their 1st rounders?

Chris Ballard.  International man of mystery and GM of the Century.

Great handle btw!!!  I used to be one myself, but that was quite awhile ago, lol!  

So they want to trade back and regain their 2nd that we obtained from, according to the NFL Network?  Give them their 2nd back and Indy's first, take it or leave it, lol!  Just for laughs though.  I really don't know how prudent it would be for Indy to move up that far??  Anyway, thanks for the info and Happy Easter to all!

I highly doubt we would be in talks for anything like this. But say we did we would have two solid targets in Quinnen Williams and Josh Allen. Assuming the first 2 picks are Murray and Bosa. 

Man I'd hate to see what you'd have the give up to move from 26 to 3......but I'd looove to have Quinnen Williams.

Good for them.

They saw what Ballard did last year.

Maybe they can talk Belichick into pulling a Ditka to make Josh Jacobs a Patriot.  haha

Tempting... I would throw a fools bargain at them. Something like a 1st, Late 2nd, A 4th...nothing more. QBs are not as high of commodity this year. My guess... They are ice fishing for Dolphins and/or Broncos. 

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yeah that is 2 QB's IMO that will get you 10 wins in their sleep. 13 if they have a good to great team around them.
    • Very true. If the team support is there w.r.t D and special teams for Peyton and Brady, that is the difference between winning 10 games vs 12-13 games and possibly getting HFA or a bye.
    • Yeah I loved having an explosive offense, it kept us a contender for years but for example against Pitt in 2005, the O.Line failed big time. They were all over Manning all game.
    • The forgotten aspect that Ballard emphasized even more than Polian and Grigson, in the first 2 rounds is O-line, his model is definitely the Patriots much like the Titans are doing now as a focal point.   The Patriots had better talent on the O-line and D-line drafted consistently and heck of an OL coach in Scar. They could thus play any style of offense in any weather, IMO, and it showed come playoff time. Thus it did not matter who Polian drafted for his skill positions in Round 1. If you cannot get Lilja to block Joey Porter or Ryan Diem to block McGinnest or Bruschi in critical passing down situations in the playoffs, it is all for naught against good playoff teams. Plus, Polian did not draft good special teams players, something Belichick NEVER took for granted.   So, the trenches and special teams were always Patriots advantages, IMO, and unless Peyton's offense overcame bad field position and inability to run with the OL drafted and the other team's ability to play clock control vs his weaker DL most of the time, it was never going to work in the playoffs. The results showed that when they finally ran the ball with commitment on their way to a SB thus being able to keep a smaller and speedier defense's legs fresh and able to overcome the continual bad field positioning, thanks to so many KR/PR that went for chunks or punters having field days (Ellis Hobbs, Dante Hall, Devin Hester, and even in Peyton's last game with Indy with Cromartie getting a huge return to set up Rex Ryan and Jets for a game winning FG, the list is endless and something Polian should be ashamed of). 
    • I do give BB a lot of credit for the Pats success but after playing under BB for years, I would be shocked if Brady couldn't go to half the teams in this league and win 10 or 11 games. I always felt like Peyton could win 10-12 as well with just an average team around him. Nobody can do it with a stinky team but you give those guys a decent line and average talent, they are winning 10 games IMO.
  • Members