Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck and Ebron billboard

CR91

This is the kind of stuff i miss out on being a Colt fan living in Pennsylvania.   The year we won the Super Bowl i bought the "newspaper deal" from the star.  It is as great reading all the articles and even the Colt-related business ads were cool to a Colt fan.  I still have all that. Oh, and in 2007 i loaded up on discounted Colt SB gear. The best deal was probably the $15 heavy weight russel athletics SB hoodies.  Bought 2 for me an one for my (at that time) girl.  I just wish thos SB champion hats werent so damn ugly.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

This is the kind of stuff i miss out on being a Colt fan living in Pennsylvania.   The year we won the Super Bowl i bought the "newspaper deal" from the star.  It is as great reading all the articles and even the Colt-related business ads were cool to a Colt fan.  I still have all that. Oh, and in 2007 i loaded up on discounted Colt SB gear. The best deal was probably the $15 heavy weight russel athletics SB hoodies.  Bought 2 for me an one for my (at that time) girl.  I just wish thos SB champion hats werent so damn ugly.

I bought a colts special edition magazine for the colts of 2007. Has every game description, roster, and a few stories in it. I value it. I also dont live in the Indy area. Wish I could get my hands on that news paper you got!

28 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I bought a colts special edition magazine for the colts of 2007. Has every game description, roster, and a few stories in it. I value it. I also dont live in the Indy area. Wish I could get my hands on that news paper you got!

It was a package deal they did.  I received around 10 or 12 newspapers i think that spanned the playoffs thru the super bowl.  REALLY COOL.  Front page artwork, good stories and stats  and as silly as it sounds i really enjoyed the ads.  Bunny bread, etc (haha)

I also got three or 4 nice posters that were made from front page pics.  The One of dungy and peyton is my favorite.

I also have a REALLY cool pic of a VERY young peyton, marvin, and james hanging out sitting against a wall.  I think it was from sports illustrated.  My fave tho is my autographed johnny U pic signed to me personally.  A bird hday present from my oldest brother.

• Like 1

It's funny you guys mention this stuff.  My wife and I just finished moving this week and we were going through all the old stuff and I found my official Superbowl Champs hat and I got the SI Colts Superbowl DVD.  Of course we're taking them with us.  Sort of wish I'd have gotten the newspaper deal.

The funny thing is we moved into that house in the fall right after they won it so that stuff has been untouched for a while.

17 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

The best deal was probably the $15 heavy weight russel athletics SB hoodies.

My favorite hoodie was the Colts SB hoodie.  Perfect fit.  Super comfy.  Sturdy pocket with high sides so things didn't fall out.  It was the perfect hoodie.

I had it in storage for a summer with a bunch of other hoodies and winter clothes.  A leak snuck in and all my stuff was covered in mold when I got it out of storage in the fall...

:hissy:

12 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

My favorite hoodie was the Colts SB hoodie.  Perfect fit.  Super comfy.  Sturdy pocket with high sides so things didn't fall out.  It was the perfect hoodie.

I had it in storage for a summer with a bunch of other hoodies and winter clothes.  A leak snuck in and all my stuff was covered in mold when I got it out of storage in the fall...

:hissy:

Yeah that sux.  We had our stuff in our basement and we had a couple of floods.  I somehow managed to seal my hat in a plastic bag before storing it and it never got touched.

On 4/19/2019 at 9:13 PM, WoolMagnet said:

It was a package deal they did.  I received around 10 or 12 newspapers i think that spanned the playoffs thru the super bowl.  REALLY COOL.  Front page artwork, good stories and stats  and as silly as it sounds i really enjoyed the ads.  Bunny bread, etc (haha)

I also got three or 4 nice posters that were made from front page pics.  The One of dungy and peyton is my favorite.

I also have a REALLY cool pic of a VERY young peyton, marvin, and james hanging out sitting against a wall.  I think it was from sports illustrated.  My fave tho is my autographed johnny U pic signed to me personally.  A bird hday present from my oldest brother.

Sounds like you need a man cave for all this amazing stuff! I congratulate you!

37 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Sounds like you need a man cave for all this amazing stuff! I congratulate you!

I call it a den.  A huge 2nd floor bedroom adjacent to my bedroom.  Its my office, "personal" couch/tv/audio viewing/listening area, drumkit zone, my drafting table, and walls of books and vinyl LPs.  I like my vinyl and still have my harman kardon system (turntable is a beast) and Polk 10Bs from the 80s.  My first "real" audio equipment.   That stereo traveled to college with me.  (Alot of U2, post-punk,industrial, and new-wave in those days)  And it still works great.  I have alot of childhood!stuff and things that belonged to grandparents, etc.  Personal artifacts from my life and loved ones that instantly take me back there.  Kinda like my personal museum snd happy place.  I spend 80% of my home awake time there.

A few cool Colt things (to me) are my Colt helmet (full size real helmet) lamp that was beside my bed all thru childhood (it was bought in the early seventies, my Colt (bucking horse) seat cushion i used in Baltimore as a kid with my brother.  My first regulation nfl football my brother gave me around 1975(i keep the leather treated ).  That football is in my hands for every Colt game:  It has been for decades.  I have my first bmx bike (circa '76) that i started racing b4 CW sponsor, my favorite adidas "metal spike" baseball cleats, punt/pass/kick trophies, fraternity stuff, etc,etc.

I'm a sentimental sucker.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I call it a den.  A huge 2nd floor bedroom adjacent to my bedroom.  Its my office, "personal" couch/tv/audio viewing/listening area, drumkit zone, my drafting table, and walls of books and vinyl LPs.  I like my vinyl and still have my harman kardon system (turntable is a beast) and Polk 10Bs from the 80s.  My first "real" audio equipment.   That stereo traveled to college with me.  (Alot of U2, post-punk,industrial, and new-wave in those days)  And it still works great.  I have alot of childhood!stuff and things that belonged to grandparents, etc.  Personal artifacts from my life and loved ones that instantly take me back there.  Kinda like my personal museum snd happy place.  I spend 80% of my home awake time there.

A few cool Colt things (to me) are my Colt helmet (full size real helmet) lamp that was beside my bed all thru childhood (it was bought in the early seventies, my Colt (bucking horse) seat cushion i used in Baltimore as a kid with my brother.  My first regulation nfl football my brother gave me around 1975(i keep the leather treated ).  That football is in my hands for every Colt game:  It has been for decades.  I have my first bmx bike (circa '76) that i started racing b4 CW sponsor, my favorite adidas "metal spike" baseball cleats, punt/pass/kick trophies, fraternity stuff, etc,etc.

I'm a sentimental sucker.

That is great! Nothing wrong with being sentimental. When you have emotion into things you just naturally care about it! I lost my 2006 season season hat while I still lived with my parents. I put a lot of miles in that hat. And it was awesome because every player on the Colts wore the same hat. I like to get a new hat every season, and if that season is special to me, the hat is aswell. 

I got a new hat last year and it is one of my favorites because last year was one of my favorite seasons as a colts fan. 

On 4/19/2019 at 6:32 PM, Legend said:

I would prefer Luck and Leonard. I like having a player representing each side of the ball. Ebron will most likely sign an extension to remain a Colt so I'm cool with it.

Luck doesn't throw Leonard the ball very much.  

Leonard has 0 career receptions.