Sign in to follow this  
twfish

Twfish's 2nd of 3 mock drafts

I am attaching highlights but I highly recommend actually watching these guys' film. Also keep in mind the later guys are hard to predict so I base off NFL round projections.

1st round

Jerry Tillery NT Notre Dame.

Guy can play and has all the measurables, PFF has him ranked incredibly high and has the second highest pass rushing grade. Our best scout on him would be his former teammate who he went up against all the time in practice, big Q.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_pZJkY2iqg

1st pick in the 2nd round

Hakeem Butler WR Iowa State.

I wasn't so high on him at first but I don't think there is anyway if he is there at 34 can we pass him up. The guy has long strides and plays agressivley at the point of attack and throws guys off of him. A lot of times the big guys don't play physically but he does and at 6'5 and a sub 4.5 guy thats willing to play inside or outside and will block, he could be huge for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B3kHuysYtg

2nd pick 2nd round.

Darnell Savage S Maryland.

Kid is a flat out play maker, has a nose for the football and is physical. I'm nearly salivating at the thought of him paired with hooker. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NMVg-F-41A&t=38s

3rd round

Joe Jackson Edge Miami.

Has all physical tools and has had good production the college. A good rotational piece and i believe he can be coached up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XnwEMm_ZSs

1st pick of the 4th round

Sean Bunting CB Central Michigan.

A lengthy corner back that this coaching staff really covets. NFL has him going in the third round but with so many corners several are bound to fall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5T1COfTaqw

2nd pick of the 4th round

Benny Snell JR RB Kentucky.

I will likely have him slotted in at this pick every draft. I love this kid and believe he is the RB the colts are after a hard nose runner that is a touchdown machine 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Hmdc99I4E

5th round

Isaiah Prince T Ohio State

A more of a developmental Tackle with great length and size. Has shown he is a willing learner and continually got better every season. Cant ever find a highlight of a tackle but here a video of them breaking down his progression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvzLTw0-_zU

6th round

Jalen Hurd WR Baylor

I like this kid a lot but he is still a developmental player. I would like to have him on the practice squad for a year and then let him come out when funchess is gone. Has the size and speed and the ability to catch the ball and take shots like a running back since he is a former running back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79WToPycmbE

7th round

Gardner Minshew QB Washington State.

I think the chances of us keeping Jacoby next year are very slim so lets get another QB in now so he can learn how to be a good back up. The guy is a leader and had his team rally around him and is quick to get the ball out and is relatively accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyrceMaVT48

• Like 4

By the way @stitches I spent a lot of time watching your boy Butler last night, diving down a bit more than I have all off season and I am very impressed. Hes not topping A.J for me but as of now he is 100% my number 2. A much better player overall compared to D.K.

• Like 3

Solid mock! I'm very high on Tillery and Savage. I also don't think he'll make it to our 3rd pick, so he may have to be taken at the top of the 2nd, which I wouldn't necessarily mind. Butler is a good WR prospect though and has a lot of likeable traits.

I've seen a lot of people mention our depth a 3T as a reason not to make Tillery, but the guy is a top notch 3T and a difference maker.

Just now, twfish said:

By the way @stitches I spent a lot of time watching your boy Butler last night, diving down a bit more than I have all off season and I am very impressed. Hes not topping A.J for me but as of now he is 100% my number 2. A much better player overall compared to D.K.

AJ is still my favorite too, but Butler also has settled in as my #2. They both have the potential to step in as WR2 or WR3 and eventually take over WR1 as Hilton starts to taper off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twfish said:

Yep... he's pretty good and much better/agile mover than any of the big receivers in this class. IMO he hits almost all the parameters of what you want from an X receiver - size and athleticism/movement blend, contested catch ability, YAC ability... hell he even combines contested catches with YAC... he would fight for the ball in the air in a battle that makes 99% of receivers fall down after contact in the air even if they get the ball... and instead Butler keeps balance and is capable of taking yards after trucking defenders in the air. + he's not the most agile separator in the draft, but he's definitely better at it than the Harmons and Harrys and JJAWs of the class. If he was just a little bit more refined as a route runner I would have him as a top 10 player and this is in a class where I really like the defensive talent. I think any team in the mid-late R1 should be happy to take him... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yep... he's pretty good and much better/agile mover than any of the big receivers in this class. IMO he hits almost all the parameters of what you want from an X receiver - size and athleticism/movement blend, contested catch ability, YAC ability... hell he even combines contested catches with YAC... he would fight for the ball in the air in a battle that makes 99% of receivers fall down after contact in the air even if they get the ball... and instead Butler keeps balance and is capable of taking yards after trucking defenders in the air. + he's not the most agile separator in the draft, but he's definitely better at it than the Harmons and Harrys and JJAWs of the class. If he was just a little bit more refined as a route runner I would have him as a top 10 player and this is in a class where I really like the defensive talent. I think any team in the mid-late R1 should be happy to take him... 

I'm really impressed with Brown and Butler's body control and balance. Those are traits that, historically, have stood out to me. More from RBs than WRs, but I can't ignore that these two that otherwise have great traits, also have that going for them as well.

• Like 1

Just read your whole mock. Damn... this would be an amazing draft. Pretty much all of your selections are personal favorites of mine. BTW reportedly Sean Bunting has been rising up draft boards and word is he's likely to go sometime in R2. I would be OK with him in the second, let alone if he drops to the 4th. This would be a dream draft for me. 

3 hours ago, stitches said:

3 hours ago, Shive said:

I'm really impressed with Brown and Butler's body control and balance. Those are traits that, historically, have stood out to me. More from RBs than WRs, but I can't ignore that these two that otherwise have great traits, also have that going for them as well.

The way Butler bounces off hits is what amazes me. He punishes guys for trying to tackle him like Gronk did. Even at 6'5 he is still slippery. I can see how brown does it because he is built like a running back. Butlers long stride really stick out too me, he isnt quick but once he gets going he leaves guys behind.

3 hours ago, stitches said:

Just read your whole mock. Damn... this would be an amazing draft. Pretty much all of your selections are personal favorites of mine. BTW reportedly Sean Bunting has been rising up draft boards and word is he's likely to go sometime in R2. I would be OK with him in the second, let alone if he drops to the 4th. This would be a dream draft for me. 

Thank you, this one I think is my favorite in a couple years that i have done. If Bunting rises then IMO better CBs will drop there where some others that I really liked such as Joejuan Williams or Justin Layne.

• Like 1

Nice mock.  Most of your picks are on my My Guys list.  I'm not a big Hakeem Butler fan, but I don't hate him.  I've already made it pretty clear that I've become a big Joe Jackson fan.  To sum him up in one word, it's "EFFORT".  This guy doesn't stop.  I think he's the Darius Leonard of this draft.  Hope we get him.  I have a feeling he won't last 'till our pick near the bottom of the third round.

• Like 1

I would be very happy with this mock. It wouldn't have to be Butler for the wr for me to be happy, there are others I like as well. Savage pick would be great. 

• Like 1