Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DK Metcalf is the player I'm hoping for in Round 1...

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Fair enough.

And I do agree that we need to add playmakers to take the next step.

I just don't see a team in the league with a HB/WR/TE combo where their HB is better than Mack, their WR is better than Hilton, and their TE is better than Ebron/Doyle.

Right off the top of my head....      and I'm not saying ALL are better,  but most are....

Cleve:  

WR:  Beckham, Landry, Galloway

TE:    Njoku

RB:   Chubb, Hunt, Johnson

SD:

WR:   Allen, Williams, Benjamin

TE:     Henry

RB:     Gordon

Atl:  

WR:   Jones, Ridely,  Sanu

TE:    Hooper

RB:    Freeman

There's three,  and I gave it almost no thought.    Other teams have so much more quality weapons than we do.    I'm sure I can come up with more if need be.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Is everyone forgetting Hilton had a bad ankle and the field in KC was a slippery mess. Two safeties out.  Players on defense playing out of position. You can’t look at the KC game. There was a lot of factors that went into that loss. 

Dear God.,,

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Is everyone forgetting Hilton had a bad ankle and the field in KC was a slippery mess. Two safeties out.  Players on defense playing out of position. You can’t look at the KC game. There was a lot of factors that went into that loss. 

Both teams were banged up.  KC had injury issues with Watkins, Ware, and Hill on O, not to mention the loss of Hunt earlier, both NTs, Ragland (one of their top tacklers) , and 2 CBs.

Our D was really not the issue IMO. We held them to under their average pts. (4.3 under). They scored the same on NE who beat them. They were held under 31 only 4 times. 

And the slippery mess didn't effect KC .

Their running game tore us up. 180 yards, 4 TDs. Ours, 87 yards, 0 TDs. 

They doubled TY and we simply had no answers. Play calling was predictable once we got down.

To tell you the truth our oline which had been stellar did not perform in KC. That was a huge problem. When every part of the game plus the coaching is so bad I just think we ran out of gas more then needing more weapons. Every team would love to upgrade and have more weapons. I think we have enough to win a SB. But of course I would love to upgrade. I just don’t think it’s so bad like so many others think.

25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

To tell you the truth our oline which had been stellar did not perform in KC. That was a huge problem. When every part of the game plus the coaching is so bad I just think we ran out of gas more then needing more weapons. Every team would love to upgrade and have more weapons. I think we have enough to win a SB. But of course I would love to upgrade. I just don’t think it’s so bad like so many others think.

Honestly, I wouldn't hang it on the OL. Luck is one of the best in TT (time to throw), which is how long it takes him to get the ball out. His year average is 2.63 (top 10 close to Brady and Rivers). His average for the KC game was 2.86.

Might not seem like a big difference, but 2.86 puts him in the 10 worst category. A higher TT can mean thee things, or a combo. Either your line is giving you a lot of time, your a dancer or QB that leaves the pocket a lot, or your WRs are covered up and you can't throw as fast as you want, or both. Lucks not a frequent dancer. In the case of the KC game, our WRs were covered up. 

Luck had a similar TT vs Buffalo, who was the #1 pass defense in the league (TY was doubled and only had 25 yards that game). We beat Buffalo badly, but it was more because they turned the ball over 5 times and we had a great running game. Didn't hurt that they have one of the worst Os either.

Jax was also a bad one for Lucks TT, and they are #2 passing defense that also doubled TY. 

Check out NextGen stats if you are interested.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 8:03 AM, jshipp23 said:

Man the more I research on this guy the more I want him..His physical traits compare favorably to Calvin Johnson and the aggression he plays with reminds me of Josh Gordon..We have never had a receiver with his skill set as far as power, speed, and size..The only reason he will be available is health concerns, but I can't see Ballard passing on his upside..I doubt he lasts, as I think Gruden will want him in a Raiders uniform..If he is there we got to take the guy in my opinion..If not I'll take Wilkins or Lawrence with a smile on my face to make D-Line a force to be reckoned with, preferably Lawrence...We can't lose with any of these 3..

KNeal is a better projection and just look at how he performs at other sports as the kid is a future All Pro @ WR.  Free TY

On K'Neal, I like him, but not at 26 or 34. I want more of an X than a slot. He might be able to do well at X, but would have to improve a lot at the press.

Overall, I think Cain (if he blossoms) will be an X initially, or Z (that takes over eventually for TY). Slot is crowded this year. Rogers is coming off a much improved year, and I think Funchess will get a lot of time at slot as well. TY long term could be a great slot when he starts to lose a step (which could be in 1-4 years). I'm just not sure I want a slot that isn't a pure speed slot. If I want that, I'll go with Isabella who could also play speed X or Z long term.

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Right off the top of my head....      and I'm not saying ALL are better,  but most are....

That's what I meant:  ALL are better.

I think TY is as good or better than OBJ and Allen, and I think Ebron is as good or better than Njoku, Henry, and Hooper.

There are a few teams with a better WR than TY.  There are a few teams with a better TE than Ebron.  There are quite a few teams with a better HB than Mack.  But there are NO teams (IMO) with a better WR, better TE, AND better HB than the Colts.  Maybe KC when they still had Hunt/Hill/Kelce, but without Hunt, I'd say Mack is better than any of their current RBs.

On 4/20/2019 at 9:54 PM, DerekDiggler said:

I’m not sure Mel Kiper has ever been right in anything.   All those dudes pick draft picks due to need only and there is not a quality GM in the league that does that 

how can I say Ballard won’t draft a WR at 26?    He basically said it won’t happen.  And he’s not listening to the fans.    

Hes building by BPA which is the smartest way to build a team.    Especially a young team with upgradeable positions at most positions 

Please show me the quote where he said he won't take a receiver in the 1st round.

• Like 1