Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brissett Trade Plausibility...

How likely is it that Brissett gets traded? If so, to whom?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. How likely is it that Brissett gets traded? If so, to whom?

• No Trade
    • 20%
    • 40%
    • 60%
    • 80%
    • 100%

21 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

That's funny.

I am either being sarcastic or serious...depending on what actually happens. 

While I do believe draft day trades get agreed to before the actual draft, I highly doubt ones involving a would-be starting QB do. That thought process doesn't really track.

34 minutes ago, MPStack said:

To be fair, he wasn’t the only one on here way, way off about JB. 

That’s true.   JS was not alone.    Once upon a time I was in their camp.  But as time passed and Ballard kept saying he was getting no offers I accepted our reality that a JB trade was highly unlikely to happen.  But some people didn’t want to believe..   

6 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I think he has better value as an insurance policy for us this year as a back up after already been in the system, Next year would be my guess, that he will probably get moved.  

It's all immaterial now. This thread was really about will JB getting traded during the draft???

Is JB as good as some folks on this forum thought he was?

Nine months of predictions and speculation were finally answered. 

I believe he gets traded during the preseason when players get hurt. Someone will need a starter or a backup. If we can’t get a second or third round pick then we should keep him all year hopefully getting a future comp pick.

1 hour ago, atapcl said:

I believe he gets traded during the preseason when players get hurt. Someone will need a starter or a backup. If we can’t get a second or third round pick then we should keep him all year hopefully getting a future comp pick.

IMO , there is no market for him that would garner more than around a 5th round pick. The only way I think this could change is an injury like you say. I also think with the Colts cap situation it would be unlikely Brissett would return us a comp pick in 2021 draft. 

So basically what I obviously feel is he's a backup QB without limited value. He's a nice backup .. end of story . But that's just my opinion and I'm wrong as much as I'm right. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Legend said:

Unless someone is willing to give up their first round pick I am keeping Brissett through 2019. His contract is up in 2019, so he's hitting the market regardless and get paid. I guess our record at the trade deadline will also be a factor.

He's going to earn good backup QB pay IMO

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Legend said:

I dunno about that. Someone will more than likely give him a significant contract.

Like.. how significant ? The best  back up (Bridgewater ) makes around 7 mill . A significant " starter " contract I guess would start at around 15 mill. ?  So I'll say he gets around 7 mill which is very good back up money. 

What say you ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

I'm starting to think the Colts may resign Brissett. Things could change but I don't see any team bringing him in as a starter unless teams consider him a bridge guy. 

I’d be just fine with that but I expect JB will test the market first before re-signing. Why wouldn’t he? Don’t rule out the Pats going after him either. Stash him for a year and replace Brady with a system ready guy. Could happen. 

• Like 1

The best option for the Colts is to keep Brissett through next season as Luck's backup. The fact the Colts didn't address the QB position in the draft makes it clear that they intend on keeping Brissett through the 2019 season.  Unless a team is willing to give up something that Chris Ballard can't refuse, he's going to keep his insurance policy just in case something was to happen to Luck.

I love Brissett and want him to stay in Indy, but I also understand the fact that he's far too talented to ride on the bench. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he lands a huge contract somewhere outside of Indy.

• Like 1