Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Tickets

coltsleafs

Just logged onto some ticket sale sites to checkout ticket prices and I am baffled that so many people are willing to sell their tickets for lower than the face value. I've been a season ticket holder since Luck first season and every year the ticket prices being sold keep getting lower and lower. As a fan who lives 12 hours from Indianapolis I don't make it to all the home games so I do try to sell the ones I can't make but people are pricing them so low that it makes it almost impossible to do now. Sorry for the rant I just really don't understand the logic here since the team is clearly on the rise.

39 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

Just logged onto some ticket sale sites to checkout ticket prices and I am baffled that so many people are willing to sell their tickets for lower than the face value. I've been a season ticket holder since Luck first season and every year the ticket prices being sold keep getting lower and lower. As a fan who lives 12 hours from Indianapolis I don't make it to all the home games so I do try to sell the ones I can't make but people are pricing them so low that it makes it almost impossible to do now. Sorry for the rant I just really don't understand the logic here since the team is clearly on the rise.

We held tickets from 1996 through the 2017 season. We met some lifelong friends in the dome that still exists today. Both of us decided 2017 was the final year and we made nearly 95% of all those games. We attempted to sell some for the first time in 2016 and then again in 2017 and when we couldn’t even get 50% price on the bigger draw teams, and knowing now our kids schedules are really busy and take much more time to see them, we decided to drop, as did our friends. 

Luck is a great draw for many but he isn’t quite the draw for some reason that Manning was for some odd reason. Back in the high days, people who worshiped manning from Tennessee have helped prop those higher priced tickets up because they could travel easy from that region. Luck is from Texas and Stanford so their isn’t a regional following in my opinion. 

With all that, if Luck wins a Super Bowl with the team this season or next, I think ticket desire will become elevated with the Luke warm fans and ticket prices will increase on the secondary market. 

17 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

We held tickets from 1996 through the 2017 season. We met some lifelong friends in the dome that still exists today. Both of us decided 2017 was the final year and we made nearly 95% of all those games. We attempted to sell some for the first time in 2016 and then again in 2017 and when we couldn’t even get 50% price on the bigger draw teams, and knowing now our kids schedules are really busy and take much more time to see them, we decided to drop, as did our friends. 

Luck is a great draw for many but he isn’t quite the draw for some reason that Manning was for some odd reason. Back in the high days, people who worshiped manning from Tennessee have helped prop those higher priced tickets up because they could travel easy from that region. Luck is from Texas and Stanford so their isn’t a regional following in my opinion. 

With all that, if Luck wins a Super Bowl with the team this season or next, I think ticket desire will become elevated with the Luke warm fans and ticket prices will increase on the secondary market. 

Ya I keep hoping that tickets will go back to how they were in the Manning era but it isn't looking great I will probably have to give up my tickets next year as much as I love them and being a part of the season ticket holder family.

13 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

Ya I keep hoping that tickets will go back to how they were in the Manning era but it isn't looking great I will probably have to give up my tickets next year as much as I love them and being a part of the season ticket holder family.

I don’t believe I ever even tried to sell a seat in the Manning era, not because of money or anything but my kids were small then and didn’t quite have the many activities that I now have to schedule around. Back in those days, I Tailored my work schedule around football season and still had time to spend with my kids. Now, I have to schedule my work around my kids activities, which I highly enjoy, and something had to give and that was the Colts games, it wasn’t over the price of tickets. I’d still have them if I thought I could make 6 of the 8 home games but I doubt I’d have time to make 2 a year so the offset of not being able to put colt fans in those seats at a break even cost at minimum isn’t worth the expenditure. I hope for your sake, the team gets righted this season and the demand is there to at least get you to a break even for the games you can’t make. 

1 hour ago, coltsleafs said:

Are you sure you’re not seeing preseason games?  I can’t imagine why someone would be taking a loss on selling tickets already. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Are you sure you’re not seeing preseason games?  I can’t imagine why someone would be taking a loss on selling tickets already. 

Ya I was shocked when I looked there tickets for regular season games for 25 bucks that crazy I can't even see a local OHL game for that price lol

I’m also a looooong distance Colts fan.  I had season tickets for about 3/4 years but took a beating on the unsold tickets.  I was lucky and met some great fans and was able to secure/buy their unused tickets.  Yes it’s a problem being a long distance fan.

30 minutes ago, DillyDilly said:

I’m also a looooong distance Colts fan.  I had season tickets for about 3/4 years but took a beating on the unsold tickets.  I was lucky and met some great fans and was able to secure/buy their unused tickets.  Yes it’s a problem being a long distance fan.

Ya I hear ya I love getting the little perks of being a season ticket holder but it's not worth losing tons of money obviously 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Tickets will never have rca dome prices again unfortunately for those who sell them.

As an out of state fan it's been way cheaper during the Luck era for me so I'm not complaining.

It's not even an RCA Dome thing.  It's been difficult to sell my unused tickets for a decent price since Manning left.  Most of the ticket brokers dumped their season tickets and have not come back.  There was at one point 10,000 or so people on the season ticket wait list when I first got on it back in like 2010 or so.  There is virtually no wait list now.  

2 hours ago, deedub75 said:

Thats what he’s looking at.

You can’t find one regular season ticket being sold for less than face value, unless it’s a few minutes before game time and someone is dumping them.  

I just went on five different resellers looking for the Falcons game tickets.  I was more interested in location but all were above face value.  

2 hours ago, deedub75 said:

It's not even an RCA Dome thing.  It's been difficult to sell my unused tickets for a decent price since Manning left.  Most of the ticket brokers dumped their season tickets and have not come back.  There was at one point 10,000 or so people on the season ticket wait list when I first got on it back in like 2010 or so.  There is virtually no wait list now.  

I think it's also like someone else mentioned, we aren't juggernauts like the golden days Colts were. Stars across the board. Maybe the extra 10/15K seats from old stadium to new maybe???

But I've definitely noticed it's definitely easier to get tickets since Peyton left. Like I said as an out of towner it's good for me. Majority of my tickets have been face value Max since Luck's been around. Years get mixed up in my head after dozens of games, but I remember paying way below face for the season opener against Detroit and 'almost' face vs Cincy for an opener. 

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Thats what he’s looking at.

You can’t find one regular season ticket being sold for less than face value, unless it’s a few minutes before game time and someone is dumping them.  

I just went on five different resellers looking for the Falcons game tickets.  I was more interested in location but all were above face value.  

You must be looking at lower sideline tickets almost every ticket for sale in the upper deck is under face value. I just looked at the Falcons game someone is selling upper deck sideline seats for 44 bucks on stubhub.

30 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

I sold the rights 4 in 429 for 5 k 2 yrs ago.   Just rights no tickets.   So. Not sure why they wouldn’t sell easily for that now 

I’m in 310 this yr and only want the home division teams so sold the rest at face value to colts fans. 

So I guess it really depends on what section you have your tickets in.

4 hours ago, deedub75 said:

As most of you know I had season tickets going back to the 90s and I dropped them in 2016 when I moved to Kentucky. I got my tickets back for this season. I went to several games in the two years and some tickets in the lower areas got down to $35 and then as a team got better and better last year the ticket prices came back to normal. It's all based on the play of the team

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

So I guess it really depends on what section you have your tickets in.

Maybe.  Those were endzone.   Which I love.   But people need to realize they can upgrade seats every year.   The longer your a STH the better the chance of getting better seats.    We upgraded 3 times to get those.    We could have gone lower but I actually had 8 seats and wanted them all close together.   That’s hard to do

1 minute ago, DerekDiggler said:

Maybe.  Those were endzone.   Which I love.   But people need to realize they can upgrade seats every year.   The longer your a STH the better the chance of getting better seats.    We upgraded 3 times to get those.    We could have gone lower but I actually had 8 seats and wanted them all close together.   That’s hard to do

Ya I've upgraded a few times now and at the price level I'm at I can't really get any better seats and I'm hesitant to upgrade to more expensive seats because that opens me up to obviously a much larger loss but maybe that what I need to do.

58 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

Ya I've upgraded a few times now and at the price level I'm at I can't really get any better seats and I'm hesitant to upgrade to more expensive seats because that opens me up to obviously a much larger loss but maybe that what I need to do.

That's my issue now.  I upgraded to the club section a few years ago.  I have this year and next year on my contract and I will either sell the rights or move back outside of the club section.  Don't get me wrong - I love being in the club section but if I move one section outside of the club (where I was before) the tickets are almost half the price.  They are hard to sell unless the Steelers, Cowboys or Patriots are coming to town.  

9 hours ago, deedub75 said:

That's my issue now.  I upgraded to the club section a few years ago.  I have this year and next year on my contract and I will either sell the rights or move back outside of the club section.  Don't get me wrong - I love being in the club section but if I move one section outside of the club (where I was before) the tickets are almost half the price.  They are hard to sell unless the Steelers, Cowboys or Patriots are coming to town.  

How many seats do you have?  Don’t sell them before you contact me next yr please   I may be interested 

10 hours ago, coltsleafs said:

My opinion is that level 3 is the best of you want to sit on sidelines.   Small sections easy to restrooms and of course the beer stand.  

If you get a chance before a game go look at those seats.   Then if you like them try to upgrade to there

Level 4 isn’t bad if you can get out from under the roof from level 5 and be more in the bowl.   Good views and price point 

i like endzone  view   You can really watch the lines work   The issue is the opposite end of field you have to use binoculars or rely on the big screen 

I was a STH for years but now i have have a friend that is a ticket broker who owns STs in a lot of sections and will sell full season packs or divide.  so I pick my section and the games I want and just buy them 

51 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

How many seats do you have?  Don’t sell them before you contact me next yr please   I may be interested 

I have five seats on two rows.  Three of the seats are on row 3 and the other two are on row 2 directly in front.

I was joking with my wife that I'm making plans to go the our first game at the LA Chargers.  I wasn't too serious, thinking they will be playing in the LA Coliseum which I heard parking is atrocious.  Upon further review, I see the are playing in a temp location called ROKit Field in Carson, 30,000 capacity, until there new stadium is finished in 2020.  I'm thinking with that size, no seat should be too far away and prices seam reasonable.  Plus factoring going to Universal Studios to get that off my bucket list.  Finally my favorite baseball the SF Giants is playing the Dodgers that weekend.  I thinking about going with my wife of course.  Giants/Dodgers on Friday, 6 Sept, Universal Studios, 7 Sept, and Climax with the Colts/Chargers, 8 Sept.  The Giants are struggling right now but it is a long season and when the won 3 World Series in 5 years, the were never the favorite going in. 

On another thought about our 3 prime time games, I thought we should have had 5 like the other top clubs of the year.  It was mentioned elsewhere and I agree, having all 3 prime time games as away games is not fair to show the country the positive energy Indianapolis has with the home games, IMO.