Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Glad McShay and Kiper aren't drafting for Colts

In today's 3 round mock they have:

Metcalf WR (a probable bust)

Thornhill S

Adderly S (two safeties in a row in a deep DL draft????)

Polite OLB (The McShay "throw you a bone to the pass rush" pick. Polite's poor pre-combine showing seems to me to get him off Ballard's board...but that is just my opinion.

Ok draftniks....start ridiculing what I wrote, lol.

Every pick is a probable bust and Metcalf at 26 would be very enticing. Agree with the safeties being unlikely. We didn't invest in the position in FA and also during last years draft we did not pull the trigger on one while there were some good prospects available. Polite also doesn't really fit the bill of a DL with tons of burst that we have added over last year. Guys like Wrenn or Z.Allen are more likely DL picks on day 2.

23 minutes ago, ColtsAC said:

Thornhill S

Polite OLB (The McShay "throw you a bone to the pass rush" pick. Polite's poor pre-combine showing seems to me to get him off Ballard's board...but that is just my opinion.

I'm not a draft expert and I won't claim to be, but I don't think it's a terrible mock. The one position that I historically have a nearly spotless draft record in (not to pat myself on the back or anything lol) is WR. And I can tell you, I think this WR draft class is the strongest I've seen in a while,  starting with Metcalf. I would be ecstatic if we landed him.

I do agree that picking 2 Safeties in the first 3 rounds is absurd.

Then regarding Polite, I think it's partly nonsense. I think some teams purposefully said that he had a terrible personality so it would tank his value. While it doesn't excuse his lackluster performance as a whole, especially from a physical standpoint, I don't think it matters too much. I'm not a Polite fan at all, but I wouldn't mind if we got him in the 3rd round.

Overall if this actually happened, I would be happy with Metcalf, intrigued with Polite, but puzzled with picking 2 safeties in the 2nd round instead of getting more D linemen 

8 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Kiper and McShay stink. I'm so upset I have to watch them during the draft since U-verse dropped NFL Network.

There probably will be some good third party coverage on the web. This is how I usually watch it... I put the video from ESPN or NFL Network and the audio from a source I like(BR will do coverage, the Draft Network might do live coverage, if you can handle the Cowboys slant, their .com site does a very good job with the NFL draft(Dane Brugler, Bryan Broaddus)... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

How anyone still has cable, outside of it's use for internet, is a head-scratcher to say the least.

I'm with you. I'm dropping. It's just a hassle trying to find something with all the channels I want in one package. Otherwise you end up with multiple programs and paying almost as much.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I'm with you. I'm dropping. It's just a hassle trying to find something with all the channels I want in one package. Otherwise you end up with multiple programs and paying almost as much.

I have Hulu Live now, and it's fantastic especially since you get the 4 major local channels as well. I also have used Sling TV and it was excellent as well. With no contract, I'm kind of trying them all to see which one I like the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtsAC said:

Thornhill S

Clarification....   Thornhill was viewed as a likely corner for the Colts.   So, not drafting two safeties.  

That said...   both have done multiple mocks and I thought this was by far the worst.   

Im not at all worried that our actual real results will look anything like this.

Polite is a non-starter for us.   Not a Ballard-type kid.  And much more a 3-4 OLB than he is a 4-3 DE. 

And of all the receivers possible I think Metcalf is among the least likely.   Too limited, needs way too much polish. 

A very disappointing mock.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

How anyone still has cable, outside of it's use for internet, is a head-scratcher to say the least.

I hate cable and would love to get rid of them; but if you get your internet through the cable company the alternatives (sling, PSV, etc..) aren't really that great of deal anymore. They keep raising prices/adding tiers just like cable, and if you add anything ala carte on the side (HBO, Disney, NFL, etc ...) and/or add extras DVR, multiple TVs/streams, etc... (depending on service) than you are right back up where you were with cable.  Whenever I run the numbers I might save $15-$20 a month, but lose the convenience of all the channels/interface in the same place.

8 hours ago, stitches said:

There probably will be some good third party coverage on the web. This is how I usually watch it... I put the video from ESPN or NFL Network and the audio from a source I like(BR will do coverage, the Draft Network might do live coverage, if you can handle the Cowboys slant, their .com site does a very good job with the NFL draft(Dane Brugler, Bryan Broaddus)... 

Yeah there are a lot of good alternative places to listen if you just turn the sound off.

• Like 1