Sign in to follow this  
Irish YJ

Poll - Colts Schedule (pre-draft)

Poll - Colts Schedule (pre-draft)  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How many regular season games will the Colts win?

2. 2. What team is most likely to beat the Colts?

3. 3. How "fair" do you think the 2019 schedule is?

• Very fair
    • About normal
    • Not fair at all
    • Fair is where you get cotton candy, don't whine, just win.

I'm going 12-4

REGULAR SEASON
9/8 @ Los Angeles Chargers (12-4) 4:05 p.m. - L
9/15 @ Tennessee Titans (9-7) 1 p.m. - W
9/22 vs. Atlanta Falcons (7-9) 1 p.m. - W
9/29 vs. Oakland Raiders (4-12) 1 p.m. - W
10/6 @ Kansas City Chiefs (12-4) 8:20 p.m.  - W

BYE 
10/20 vs. Houston Texans (11-5) 1 p.m. - W
10/27 vs. Denver Broncos (6-10) 4:25 p.m. - W
11/3 @ Pittsburgh Steelers (9-6) 1 p.m. - L
11/10 vs. Miami Dolphins (7-9) 4:05 p.m. - W
11/17 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11) 1 p.m. - W
11/21 (Thurs.) @ Houston Texans (11-5) 8:20 p.m. - L
12/1 vs. Tennessee Titans (9-7) 1 p.m. - W
12/8 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11) 1 p.m. - W
12/16 (Mon.) @ New Orleans Saints (13-3) 8:15 p.m. - L
12/22 vs. Carolina Panthers (7-9) 1 p.m. - W
12/29 @ Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11) 1 p.m. - W

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

I'm going 12-4

REGULAR SEASON
9/8 @ Los Angeles Chargers (12-4) 4:05 p.m. - L
10/6 @ Kansas City Chiefs (12-4) 8:20 p.m.  - W

BYE 
11/21 (Thurs.) @ Houston Texans (11-5) 8:20 p.m. - L

These are mine. Keep in mind things can change as this is a pre-draft prediction :

at LAC L

at Tennessee W

Falcons W

Raiders W

at Chiefs L

BYE

Houston W

Denver W

at Pittsburgh L

Miami W

Jacksonville W

at Houston L

Tennessee W

at Tampa Bay W

at New Orleans L

Panthers W

at Jacksonville W

I have 11-5. I think we go 5-1 in the division splitting with Houston. The only difference between what you have and what I have is, I have us losing at KC.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

These are mine. Keep in mind things can change as this is a pre-draft prediction :

at LAC L

at Tennessee W

Falcons W

Raiders W

at Chiefs L

BYE

Houston W

Denver W

at Pittsburgh L

Miami W

Jacksonville W

at Houston L

Tennessee W

at Tampa Bay W

at New Orleans L

Panthers W

at Jacksonville W

I have 11-5. I think we go 5-1 in the division splitting with Houston. The only difference between what you have and what I have is, I have us losing at KC.

yup, I'll do another post draft with the same Qs.

you and I are in lock step on the division. i was close to going 6-0, but we play at Houston on a short week. 

our only difference is KC. i think we get pay back, especially since they no longer have a pass rush... shouldn't be snowing this time either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

yup, I'll do another post draft with the same Qs.

you and I are in lock step on the division. i was close to going 6-0, but we play at Houston on a short week. 

our only difference is KC. i think we get pay back, especially since they no longer have a pass rush... shouldn't be snowing this time either.

Yeah we agree'd on everything except the KC game. I think the short week and just law of averages we will probably lose at Houston. We beat them twice there last year so they will want revenge. It is tough to go 6-0 in the division as well. Losing on opening day will suck if it happens again but if we do, no need to panic. I see us winning at least the next 3 after that.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we agree'd on everything except the KC game. I think the short week and just law of averages we will probably lose at Houston. We beat them twice there last year so they will want revenge. It is tough to go 6-0 in the division as well. Losing on opening day will suck if it happens again but if we do, no need to panic. I see us winning at least the next 3 after that.

If we get an iDL and WR in the first 3 picks (I'm betting iDL, S, and WR), I could easily add one win to that total, maybe two. If we get a legit speed X, or a stud iDL, that's at least +1. Also depends on what others do, but I think everyone in our division has some major holes to fill. IMO we don't have huge holes, and can look to simply improve stock.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

If we get an iDL and WR in the first 3 picks (I'm betting iDL, S, and WR), I could easily add one win to that total, maybe two. If we get a legit speed X, or a stud iDL, that's at least +1. Also depends on what others do, but I think everyone in our division has some major holes to fill. IMO we don't have huge holes, and can look to simply improve stock.

If I really love our draft I may add the at Houston game as a win. Beating them that many times in a row will be tough though.

• Like 1

I'm afraid of which game will be our no show/Jax game last year. I'm hoping we don't drop one to a team like Mia. Those always come back to haunt you.

8 minutes ago, IinD said:

I'm afraid of which game will be our no show/Jax game last year. I'm hoping we don't drop one to a team like Mia. Those always come back to haunt you.

That is why 11-5 sounds right for now because almost every team loses 1 they shouldn't but wins one where they are the underdog.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I really love our draft I may add the at Houston game as a win. Beating them that many times in a row will be tough though.

I love our draft since we picked up Houston. To me, that alone puts our D up a notch or so. We really needed both an Edge and an iDL before signing him. Getting a proven guy like Houston was big and took a lot of pressure off of us from a needs perspective. 26, 34, and 59 should get us at minimum 2 starter upgrades if done correct. 

I could easily see us going 6-0 in the Division with a few adds. KC and Pitt could take decent steps back. Saints and LAC are a wild card with aging QBs. Tampa could be tougher than thought.

We play much better Os this year. I think our D is top 10 or close, and we simply need to score more (and not get shut down via double on TY). 

I'm with you. Going 2-0 vs Houston would be yummy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IinD said:

I think we might drop a game like Jax, and pick up a game like Pitt or LAC. 

I'm pretty confident in beating KC (if we draft a WR) given what they've lost. I'm moderately confident even if we don't draft a WR. 

• Like 1

I think Pittsburgh will take a step back but I have it as a loss on our schedule because we always play bad there. They still will not go any worse than 8-8 IMO. However, that very well could be a win but we could screw up and lose a game like at Jacks.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Pittsburgh will take a step back but I have it as a loss on our schedule because we always play bad there. They still will not go any worse than 8-8 IMO. However, that very well could be a win but we could screw up and lose a game like at Jacks.

I'd love to see the Browns win that Div. Just the mental kick to the nuts would be horrible to Pitt. 

With the way their locker room is going, I could see the tires fall off.

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

I'd love to see the Browns win that Div. Just the mental kick to the nuts would be horrible to Pitt. 

With the way their locker room is going, I could see the tires fall off.

I would love it too. I can't stand the Steelers. That would be cool to see the Browns win that division.

I voted 10 wins, Chiefs, and not fair at all. That scheduling wasn't random IMO, there was intent to give us a hard road schedule.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I voted 10 wins, Chiefs, and not fair at all. That scheduling wasn't random IMO, there was intent to give us a hard road schedule.

I voted 11 wins, a great over/under bet for us would be 10.5 IMO. If we go 5-1 in the division I think it will be 11, if we go 4-2 it will be 10.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I voted 11 wins, a great over/under bet for us would be 10.5 IMO. If we go 5-1 in the division I think it will be 11, if we go 4-2 it will be 10.

I think we'll be a better team, with the same record, with a harder schedule. I still like our chances of beating KC or NE in the playoffs though.

• Like 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I think we'll be a better team, with the same record, with a harder schedule. I still like our chances of beating KC or NE in the playoffs though.

That is kind of how I see it too. I was 50/50 on whether or not to vote for 10 or 11. I went 11 because I think we will go 5-1 in the division and go 8-0 at home. Going 8-0 at home is rare but all of our home games are real winnable.

• Like 1

Going on the record:

REGULAR SEASON
9/8 @ Los Angeles Chargers (12-4) 4:05 p.m. - W
10/6 @ Kansas City Chiefs (12-4) 8:20 p.m.  - L

BYE 
11/21 (Thurs.) @ Houston Texans (11-5) 8:20 p.m. - W

13-3 Run the division! 1st round bye!

33 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

seeing the Pat's schedule makes me want to send Kraft a gift certificate for a tug joint.

why are you so bullish on the Chiefs ? I think they are our easiest big win. 

Just now, Irish YJ said:

seeing the Pat's schedule makes me want to send Kraft a gift certificate for a tug joint.

why are you so bullish on the Chiefs ? I think they are our easiest big win. 

They dominated us quite easily last year in the playoffs. Even without Ford and Houston, I believe we are the underdogs. Luck also has a hard time keeping up with great QBs score-wise.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love it too. I can't stand the Steelers. That would be cool to see the Browns win that division.

if i were to bet on a QB getting injured in 2019, KC and Pitt are my two picks. pitt couldn't run the ball late in the season when it mattered. i can see big ben struggling this year. 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

They dominated us quite easily last year in the playoffs. Even without Ford and Houston, I believe we are the underdogs. Luck also has a hard time keeping up with great QBs score-wise.

they killed us by doubling TY. our D actually held them below their average. i think their D has taken huge steps back, it won't be snowing this year, and hopefully Reich improves his game plan. if we get another threat at WR, we'll easily win IMO. while i don't like Funchess as the legit X, he'll make it harder for them to double TY. 

• Like 1

there is no reason we should lose to Pittsburgh yet everyone is saying it's a loss they have no one worth a damn left on that team Ben is gonna be useless 

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

there is no reason we should lose to Pittsburgh yet everyone is saying it's a loss they have no one worth a damn left on that team Ben is gonna be useless 

We shouldn't but we always do. Just like the Patriots should never lose at Miami but do a lot. I just look at our schedule and we aren't going 16-0 so these are guesses who we will lose too and beat. I think we will have a better season than Pittsburgh. 

11 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Pitt is one of the best home field teams out there. The only other teams that I'd hate playing at more are the Packers, Seahawks, Ravens, and Broncs. Saints and Pats are good too.

I can only recall one recent home Thursday game.. and it was Thanksgiving against Pittsburgh without Luck.  We seem to ALWAYS get hosed on away games in big games.  Once again, ALL our national games are away!  And week 1 we will be the National Game on CBS at 4pm.  

That isn't an accident.  Sure, part of it is just the schedule we were stuck with, but they could have balanced it with a home Thursday night game.  I suspect with a much better team, we go 10-6 but still win the division based on Tie-Breaker.   Trap Game? Probably TN, since Luck can't beat them forever.  And it looks like the most probable loss will be San Diego.  We never play well there (or against them period) and we rarely win our home opener.  

The only way I can see us winning more than 10 is if we have another miracle draft AND we can keep our line intact all year.  Then we could bump up as much as 2 more wins.  If Luck is healthy and our line is healthy I can't see us having less than 9 wins no matter what.  Luck is pretty much a lock for 8 wins with no help.  So let's see who we land in the draft and see if that changes our fortunes at all.  

I really don't have a problem with the schedule.

If we are going to be contenders we have to beat the teams we play no matter if they are at home or away.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I think it's just history mostly. They own us unfortunately even in years where we've been the better team.

I think I might make the 5/6 hr drive and see that one in Pitt. Would be nice to give them some lip in person if we win :goodluck:.

Too early to call. I'll wait for the draft to see who has drafted a starter or two.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

WE can help out by beating the Steelers this year. 

• Like 1

I don't understand why anyone has to be scared of playing any team anywhere at anytime.

I certainly hope our players don't have that mindset.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jags get a bye week before heading into Indy.  That'll make it a REAL TOUGH matchup.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't understand why anyone has to be scared of playing any team anywhere at anytime.

I don’t think they do.  Under Reich the goal  is 1-0 going in to each game.  

12, Saints, and "fair" is irrelevant because the opponents are predetermined and creating a schedule that works around all the other events at all the venues only leaves about 10 viable options for a workable schedule.

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The schedule makers couldn't make a particular teams' schedule any harder or less "fair" if they tried.

7 hours ago, JPFolks said:

That isn't an accident.

You should do some research on how the schedule is made.

The opponents are predetermined, every team gets 8 home and 8 away, and there are 32+ (international included) venue schedules to consider.

There are only about 10 viable options for a workable schedule for all 32 teams and their respective venues.  There's really not as much opportunity for manipulation of the schedule as you might think.

I can't complain about the schedule after seeing TB's. Also Raiders. 

I picked the Saints as the schedule loss. I never really like our chances in shootouts. As much as I love Luck, I'm picking Brees to play the more mistake free game. All it could take is one bad pick/drop leading to a pick and we know we've seen that time and time again.

And I picked 10 wins, which I'd be happy with. We'll be an improved team but we do have solid opposition. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't believe many are scared of any team with the direction Ballard

is taking the team, but rest assured a couple of teams have had our number for the better of 2 decades. IE Steelers and Pats.

Get these monkeys off of our back and we are in position for greatness.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

I don't believe many are scared of any team with the direction Ballard

is taking the team, but rest assured a couple of teams have had our number for the better of 2 decades. IE Steelers and Pats.

Get these monkeys off of our back and we are in position for greatness.

It's our turn now.

I remember when the Patriots were one of the worst teams in the NFL.

I also remember it also took the Steelers 14 years to win a super bowl after Chuck Noll retired.

In the NFL time does repeat itself.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

at LAC L

at Tennessee W

Falcons W

Raiders W

at Chiefs L

BYE

Houston W

Denver W

at Pittsburgh L

Miami W

Jacksonville W

at Houston L

Tennessee W

at Tampa Bay W

at New Orleans L

Panthers W

at Jacksonville W

My prediction is pretty much the same as yours. I took the easy way out on the division games though and just said we'll split even 3-3 on those games. If I were to actually predict it though, I'd say we go 4-2. I still think JAX steals a game from us.

I don't have us losing to the Steelers though. They seem to be the opposite of what they were a few years ago: dysfunctional and relatively under talented compared to a few years ago. I think Frank Reich and Andrew Luck systematically tear up their defense

• Like 1