Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Recommended Posts

That has been going on awhile. I don’t see the colts giving up draft capital for him and paying him as much as he gets. It might be different if he was a FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk? The last few days, I've just started thinking that Russell Wilson isn't long for Seattle. 

 

I think there is a strong chance the Giants offer #6 and whatever it will take to bring him in.

 

Doing so, that brings Brissett to Seattle as a real possibility, and reveals just why they were interested in him last year.

 

Brissett

3rd/ or 4th

 

For

 

Clark

 

 

Let's make it happen.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That has been going on awhile. I don’t see the colts giving up draft capital for him and paying him as much as he gets. It might be different if he was a FA.

Nope. The tag number on him is $17million and the Colts would have to give up a fairly high pick to the Seahawks. That's a pretty steep price to pay for a guy who might turn out to be a one-year rental. Pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HarryTheCat said:

Nope. The tag number on him is $17million and the Colts would have to give up a fairly high pick to the Seahawks. That's a pretty steep price to pay for a guy who might turn out to be a one-year rental. Pass.

Would work out long term deal before deal was made.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, w87r said:

Idk? The last few days, I've just started thinking that Russell Wilson isn't long for Seattle. 

 

I think there is a strong chance the Giants offer #6 and whatever it will take to bring him in.

 

Doing so, that brings Brissett to Seattle as a real possibility, and reveals just why they were interested in him last year.

 

Brissett

3rd/ or 4th

 

For

 

Clark

 

 

Let's make it happen.

We would still have to give up a first. No way are they letting g him go for just Brissett and a 3/4.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will work out a deal with Clark before the trade.  We can easily afford him and he would be perfect for us.   We already inquired about Ford and Lawrence.  Pick 34 and Brissett and we have our ER. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would give up the 34th pick for Clark.  This team has to get good and in a hurry.  They have a really though schedule next year and Colts will  get exposed if they dont improve and fast.  Playing and losing to an elite does show where a u have to improve.  It shows your weaknesses .  The O still needs playmakers at wr. The D needs talent all around. I watched  the KC game and they moved on the D with out much effort.  The colts had a magical season.  That being said, the tables could turn quickly if they go  7 and 9 next year.  There is pressure on the front office to keep the streak going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

We will work out a deal with Clark before the trade.  We can easily afford him and he would be perfect for us.   We already inquired about Ford and Lawrence.  Pick 34 and Brissett and we have our ER. 

 

51 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I would give up the 34th pick for Clark.  This team has to get good and in a hurry.  They have a really though schedule next year and Colts will  get exposed if they dont improve and fast.  Playing and losing to an elite does show where a u have to improve.  It shows your weaknesses .  The O still needs playmakers at wr. The D needs talent all around. I watched  the KC game and they moved on the D with out much effort.  The colts had a magical season.  That being said, the tables could turn quickly if they go  7 and 9 next year.  There is pressure on the front office to keep the streak going.

For one thing a 2nd round pick will not get it done.

The second thing is you are over valuing Brissett.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The truth of the matter is that IF (which I will believe it when I see it) Seattle was ever going to trade Russell Wilson or let him get away, it gives them even more of a reason to not move Clark.

 

Right now their hands are tied with Clark because they cannot tag him next year since they would be too busy tagging Russell Wilson if they could not get a long term extension done with Wilson.

 

If Wilson were out of the picture, they could easily tag Clark again next year. And then it would basically be the same stare-down that Dallas just had with D.Lawrence.

 

Speaking of which, I am pretty sure Clark posted something recognizing Lawrence's deal.

 

So best believed, Clark is going to want $20M+ annually on a new deal with over $60M guaranteed.

 

To have to shell out that kind of money AND throw bigtime draft compensation at Seattle to get him makes very little sense and is highly unlikely.

 

If Wilson is not moved and Seattle has to tag him and Clark is a FA next off-season, then I could maybe see the Colts making a move for him then when he wouldn't cost draft capital.

 

That said, if Clark ever hit the open market, he would break the bank with tons of suitors. And when that time came, The Colts would set "our price" and not go beyond it and would almost assuredly be out-bid by some other desperate team that significantly overpaid.

 

So while I would adore getting Clark, I think this is a bit of a dream and not reality.

 

Best bet has been and always will be to draft someone and develop them and hope they become the next Clark-type guy

 

Just my two cents.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too expensive. They got Houston; now they have to find one in the draft. Frank Clark will break the bank, even one with the assets the Colts have. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Too expensive. They got Houston; now they have to find one in the draft. Frank Clark will break the bank, even one with the assets the Colts have. 

I don't think he is too expensive.  They inquired about Ford and Lawrence knowing very well how much they would have to pay them.  Especially Lawrence since he was on his second tag and the most expensive ER to sign.  Yet they still inquired about what it would take to acquire him.  What stopped any potential trade was the asking price IMO.  The Seahawks are in a different spot with Wilson's upcoming deal.  I don't think they trade a franchise QB in his prime.  I think they resign Wilson which makes it more likely Clark would be available.  I would rather trade for him now than compete with other teams if he were ever to hit the market as a FA.  We have the advantage of current cap space and draft capital.  Pick 34 is pretty much a late first rd. pick for that matter.  They only have four picks right now so a couple of picks might do it.  I'm not saying we are going to do it but if Ballard inquired about Ford and Lawrence my guess is the door is open about Clark.  A lot has already changed since FA.  There might not be that many suitors now that FA is just about over.  The Seattle asking price is probably fluid depending on the teams interested.  I am not quick to dismiss the possibility.  Especially since it has resurfaced again at the same time of Wilson's negotiation and the upcoming draft.  To me it's a development to keep an eye on. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hoose said:

Too expensive. They got Houston; now they have to find one in the draft. Frank Clark will break the bank, even one with the assets the Colts have. 

He wouldnt break the colts bank

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he was a free agent I would have no problem signing him. I am not going to give up valuable draft picks plus have to sign him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the Seahawks lack of draft picks (only 4), and the Russell Wilson situation (might have to franchise tag him), we could probably get Clark for a 3rd and 4th or 3rd and 5th IMO. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The benchmark was set for this in the Dee Ford trade this season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Premium ER's in their prime never make it to FA.  The only way to get them is to trade for them and that's if a team is even willing.  Otherwise you take your chances in the draft.  And that road hasn't turned out to well for the Colts recently.  Like since Freeney and Mathis.  Drafting at the back of the draft is only going to make the task a lot harder.  Oh well.  We'll take our swings I'm sure.  But considering the Seahawks situation I would rather take a swing at trading for Clark.  It only cost the 49'ers a future 2nd to get Ford. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

With the Seahawks lack of draft picks (only 4), and the Russell Wilson situation (might have to franchise tag him), we could probably get Clark for a 3rd and 4th or 3rd and 5th IMO. 

Russell is under contract for 2019 so there would be no need to tag him.  He is just trying to force a massive extension before he is an unrestricted free agent in 2020.  

 

In regards to Clark, if he could be had for that, sign me up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Clem-Dog said:

Russell is under contract for 2019 so there would be no need to tag him.  He is just trying to force a massive extension before he is an unrestricted free agent in 2020.  

 

In regards to Clark, if he could be had for that, sign me up.

My mistake on the contract. They can tag Clark now, and Wilson in 2020 then. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Premium ER's in their prime never make it to FA.  The only way to get them is to trade for them and that's if a team is even willing.  Otherwise you take your chances in the draft.  And that road hasn't turned out to well for the Colts recently.  Like since Freeney and Mathis.  Drafting at the back of the draft is only going to make the task a lot harder.  Oh well.  We'll take our swings I'm sure.  But considering the Seahawks situation I would rather take a swing at trading for Clark.  It only cost the 49'ers a future 2nd to get Ford. 

IMHO, I dont consider him premier

 

16-17 sacks are premier

 

13 sacks are very good

 

I think that HE thinks he is premier.... and deserves HUGE money

 

He should make VERY GOOD money.......

 

I dont see him wearing a shoe

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ain’t happening. The Colts have swung and scored with their FA edge rusher in Houston. Now it’s on to the draft. 

From this point forward, the cap space will be saved for resigning their own FAs to be. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well now Seattle may be far more willing to move Clark after Wilson signed his extension, unless they plan to drop 70m on Clark in addition to Wilson's number. OTC doesn't have an updated 2020 number for Seattle's cap, but they would certainly need to make space now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ColtV said:

Well now Seattle may be far more willing to move Clark after Wilson signed his extension, unless they plan to drop 70m on Clark in addition to Wilson's number. OTC doesn't have an updated 2020 number for Seattle's cap, but they would certainly need to make space now.

I agree.  I am really looking forward to the new over the cap number for Seattle.  I believe they were predicting a shorter contract with a much lower signing bonus and guaranteed money for Wilson.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seattle will be just fine.

 

They were set to have around $90M in cap space in 2020 before the Wilson contract.

 

The biggest question now looks as to whether they sign Clark long term so they can Franchise tag Wagner.

 

Before Wilson's signing, they were in a world of hurt since this would have been the last year on Wilson, Wagner and Clark.

 

Now they can wait a year on Clark if they want and see how he does this year.

 

It might come down to Wagner or Clark if both guys play out their final year and play well.

 

Or they re-sign one to a long term deal and tag the other.

 

I don't think Clark is getting moved and don't think he ever was going to either.

 

As much as I like Wagner, he will be 30 when trying for his next contract next off-season.

 

Makes sense for the Seahawks to do with Clark what Dallas just did w Lawrence.

 

Tag him. Make him play on the tag and prove his worth yet again.

 

If he drops another 10-12 sack campaign (as he should) then he gets his $20M+ deal like Lawrence did next off-season.

 

Wilson's signing (in my opinion) actually makes it less likely that Seattle has to move Clark.

 

They would have been in purely 1 year rental mode of Clark if Wilson didn't sign an extension. Now that he has, they could always tag Clark again next year if need be. They do not have to feel pressed to move him unless they get a deal they cannot refuse.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be interesting if Ballard did acquire Clark. He and Houston together would be a nice combo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 10:15 PM, w87r said:

Idk? The last few days, I've just started thinking that Russell Wilson isn't long for Seattle. 

 

I think there is a strong chance the Giants offer #6 and whatever it will take to bring him in.

 

Doing so, that brings Brissett to Seattle as a real possibility, and reveals just why they were interested in him last year.

 

Brissett

3rd/ or 4th

 

For

 

Clark

 

 

Let's make it happen.

Ballard actually cares about JB and wouldn't send him to Seattle so their offensive line could get him killed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clark is the guy I wanted the Colts to get/trade for.  But it hasn't happened yet and I don't see it happening now that they have Houston.  I see them accepting what they have and building further via the draft.  But if it DID happen, I would be fairly excited.  Young guy, plenty of talent, and whatever we pay him now will seem like small potatoes in a few years.  But they would HAVE to work out a long-term deal prior to the trade.  That would be a must.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clark reportedly traded to KC for the Chiefs 1st and 2nd round picks next year (2020), and a swap of 3rd round picks this year.  The trade subject to KC signing Clark to a long term contract.

 

For the price, glad it wasn't the Colts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...