Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Little Enthusiasm

Mr.ZapRowsdower

Love the way things are going! Multiple double digit season victories, Playoffs  and the possibility of multiple SB wins are at least, possibilities.

What would be really cool is for them to do something that’s never been done like, 3 in a row or have a 19-0 perfect season. (Yes, I know one game at a time).

Add to that the possible demise of the Evil Empire and I’m feeling pretty good about the future!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr.ZapRowsdower said:

I know it's the down time of the year. But I haven't felt this excited for next season since the Manning era. I really feel like this is the year Andrew comes into his own and becomes truly elite. Frank Reich showed so much growth throughout the season. He is the right guy. I trust him in big games to make adjustments unlike Pags and make the Colts having a lead be terrifying. Not only that but the draft has the possibility to land us multiple franchise players. I believe in the process Ballard has instilled in this franchise. So awesome to see how great the culture is now compared to where we were. Just wondering how everyone else is feeling?  

Feeling the most confident since 2014 when we made the AFC Championship game. Right now, I think we have potential to compete for a SB if we hit on the draft in two weeks. Luck is healthy, the team is healthy, time to take our first realistic shot since 2014. Like I said, I just hope Ballard hits on the draft and doesn't get sniped. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I finally worked up the courage to re-watch the KC game.  No doubt they were the better team.

But what was encouraging was that if we had a D that could that just take Kielce away, the game would have been so much closer.  I think Ballard and Reich will improve the D enough to be true contenders this year. I’m pumped. 

• Like 4

I am very excited for the 2019 Season to start. Coming off of a 10-6 season and a playoff win at Houston, the future looks real bright. Technically Luck and Hilton are in their primes now. We have guys like Nelson and Leonard as well that are so young and dominate their position. We may have a nice little 4 or 5 year window to make a run and win a SB or 2. We still have 9 draft picks to add to the team as well. I can picture Reich holding up the Lombardi, I liked Chuck but never could picture him doing so.

• Like 4

Andrew is already elite. Has been for years. That fact is inarguable. Statistics, the record books, they all back that up. The things he's accomplished with such little around him is truly remarkable. Including the postseason, he's won 11 or more games and has made the playoffs every single year that he's had a functional shoulder. The man is incredible. 

You see what happens when he finally gets a good o-line and a good offensive system. 2nd in the league in TDs and in the running for MVP, who was considered a legit Superbowl contender when the playoffs began.

This year will be special, as he has a chance to duel with Newtom, Mahomes, Brees, Rivers, Ryan, and Big Ben. It'll be likely the toughest slate of opponents we've seen in the Luck Era, but for the 1st time, I actually feel like we're built to handle it. 

I think the national narrative around Luck, and the team as a whole, will change when we win these big games.

Looking forward to Andrew getting his just due. Doubters wont have a leg to stand on after this season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I finally worked up the courage to re-watch the KC game.  No doubt they were the better team.

But what was encouraging was that if we had a D that could that just take Kielce away, the game would have been so much closer.  I think Ballard and Reich will improve the D enough to be true contenders this year. I’m pumped. 

We had a problem with Kelce for sure.  Pretty much all TE's for that matter.  The D still needs a little attention but we couldn't score in that game against a terrible defense.  I think the offense needs another playmaker or two.  I'm hoping this is the draft Ballard tries to get Luck some talent to work with in the early days of the draft.  The offense needs help too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

We had a problem with Kelce for sure.  Pretty much all TE's for that matter.  The D still needs a little attention but we couldn't score in that game against a terrible defense.  I think the offense needs another playmaker or two.  I'm hoping this is the draft Ballard tries to get Luck some talent to work with in the early days of the draft.  The offense needs help too. 

Remember we got Funchess. Doyle and Cain coming back as well. The rookie RBs will be in there 2nd year. I think we have the weapons, just need depth behind it. Who would you double team with all those weapons on the field. TY and Ebron will still get the attention, but Funchess most likely singled up will be nice to him for a change, he was constantly doubled in Carolina.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

KC D played out of their minds in that game.  But I think the O is almost there. The line will get even better, which opens up the pass and run even more.  Yes, another quality WR is needed, and that could be a draft pick, Cain or even someone like Fountain or Johnson (is he still on the team?).  I still think we need a power back, maybe that’s Williams?

The D needs to upgrade and get deeper at several spots.  Even if we end up being a top 15 D, that could be enough.  

29 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

KC D played out of their minds in that game.  But I think the O is almost there. The line will get even better, which opens up the pass and run even more.  Yes, another quality WR is needed, and that could be a draft pick, Cain or even someone like Fountain or Johnson (is he still on the team?).  I still think we need a power back, maybe that’s Williams?

The D needs to upgrade and get deeper at several spots.  Even if we end up being a top 15 D, that could be enough.  

I agree.  I really like Cain a lot.  I'm hoping he comes back ready to go.  If he's healthy he could be a surprise for us this year.  You mentioned a power back.  I read a interesting writeup on Damien Harris today.  He was the starter at Alabama so he's had a few carries but they said he was very durable with no injury history and a powerful inside runner with no fumble issues.  I think he might have fumbled twice in college.  A good pass blocker too.  He would fill the bill as a compliment to Mack on day two somewhere.  There is no doubt they are looking at RB's in this draft so I'm expecting a pick somewhere. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Mr.ZapRowsdower said:

I know it's the down time of the year. But I haven't felt this excited for next season since the Manning era. I really feel like this is the year Andrew comes into his own and becomes truly elite. Frank Reich showed so much growth throughout the season. He is the right guy. I trust him in big games to make adjustments unlike Pags and make the Colts having a lead be terrifying. Not only that but the draft has the possibility to land us multiple franchise players. I believe in the process Ballard has instilled in this franchise. So awesome to see how great the culture is now compared to where we were. Just wondering how everyone else is feeling?  

Tough schedule this  year based on how teams finished last year.  We will find out alot bout this team this year.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I agree.  I really like Cain a lot.  I'm hoping he comes back ready to go.  If he's healthy he could be a surprise for us this year.  You mentioned a power back.  I read a interesting writeup on Damien Harris today.  He was the starter at Alabama so he's had a few carries but they said he was very durable with no injury history and a powerful inside runner with no fumble issues.  I think he might have fumbled twice in college.  A good pass blocker too.  He would fill the bill as a compliment to Mack on day two somewhere.  There is no doubt they are looking at RB's in this draft so I'm expecting a pick somewhere. 

Hope we pick up Darrel Henderson  if we go rb. Him pIred with Mack would be nasty

3 hours ago, Matabix said:

Remember we got Funchess. Doyle and Cain coming back as well. The rookie RBs will be in there 2nd year. I think we have the weapons, just need depth behind it. Who would you double team with all those weapons on the field. TY and Ebron will still get the attention, but Funchess most likely singled up will be nice to him for a change, he was constantly doubled in Carolina.

I want us to draft a wr early. Can't  trust funchess  and Cain. If we draft a wr and Funchess or Cain works out Luck could break the  50 td mark

• Thanks 1

Still waters run deep.  I feel most confident in the long-term prosperity of this organization as long as Reich and especially Ballard are in the control tower.  Neither one is a shock jock, preferring to let the team's play do the talking.  Don't get too high, don't get too low.  Build through the draft until the rules change and then evolve with that change.  The intangibles are there for... I won't use the "D" word... but the nucleus is in place for a sustainable high standard of excellence whether or not we win 3 titles in a row.  Enjoy the quiet confidence they have created for us fans at such a dizzying speed of evolution.

I was re-thinking our roster and the free agents lately.  For some reason, i see more depth all over our team than i thought we had.  Is it my confidence in the young guys?  Is it the fact that we re-signed most of our own free agents therefore not creating more holes?  Is it my excitement of an off-season with a healthy Luck and ALL our coaches having an off-season to prepare a nstead of thrown in last minute after we were left at the altar?  Is it the fact that the Funchess,Justin, etc fre agents looked k better to me with every day that passes?  Is it my excitement of what Ballard will do at the draft (and after)?

It is ALL these things!

We have ALOT to be excited about.

Stevie Wonder can even see that.

10 hours ago, Stephen said:

I want us to draft a wr early. Can't  trust funchess  and Cain. If we draft a wr and Funchess or Cain works out Luck could break the  50 td mark

To be honest would rather draft an OT earlier than a WR. We are 1 injury away on OL to have a mess. We seen what happens when were down WRs over OL. List of priorities I would put drafting a WR 4th, with OT, CB and LB being 1 - 3. Still would like an edge guy also.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matabix said:

To be honest would rather draft an OT earlier than a WR. We are 1 injury away on OL to have a mess. 

YEP.......  I think people will be VERY surprised when the Colts take OL with one of the first 4 picks

But...... its needed

I do disagree with your priorities

I think we do get a CB in this draft, but in 3rd or 4th round

My priority list

DL, SS, WR, OL (But OL/WR could be switchable, especially if one of the good prospect OL slide)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stephen said:

I will be incredibly disappointed if we don't take a WR in the 2nd round. Just like you said and while I'm hopeful of Cain and Funchess kicking @$$ for us, they haven't played a regular season game yet in a Colts uniform so there's no telling how things will go.

I've been hearing about how the coaching staff is in search of that dog WR to be paired alongside TY. TY being out a game should never be the end-all-be-all for our WR corps. We need another WR to lessen the pressure off of him. 

I'm definitely putting that on top of the priority list over what is already a top 5 offensive line unit in the league.

Look at our current WR/TE talent. I really think that we are ok there. Ballard also said he thinks are WR situation is better than fans think. Based on our current WR situation and Ballards comments. I don't think you'll see a WR pick up in the first 3 rounds. Matter of fact I think a LB will be picked before WR, we don't have the depth there. I think in the first 3 rounds you'll see OL, DL and DB(whether it's safety or corner).

On 4/13/2019 at 8:17 AM, Smonroe said:

Watched it as well. You are absolutely correct. I know people like Walker...but he stuck out like a sore thumb in a game full of sore thumbs. And hoping to see Leonard take some more strides in pass coverage...that's the next step for him.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Matabix said:

To be honest would rather draft an OT earlier than a WR. We are 1 injury away on OL to have a mess. We seen what happens when were down WRs over OL. List of priorities I would put drafting a WR 4th, with OT, CB and LB being 1 - 3. Still would like an edge guy also.

Wr should taken at the third pick at worst. We have to have a force at wr in case Cain and Funchess  don't  work out. I'll agree with tackle, but cb I disagree. I'D Take a safety before cb

On 4/13/2019 at 2:42 PM, richard pallo said:

We need a bruiser back in our stable for sure.

14 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Depending on WR available  I think we might  go /edge or /Dt if we have a 26 pic available also depend s on what we do with 26 and 34 pic that can change everything

IMO a receiver will not be taken at least till the 3rd round.

I think Ballard goes trenches or defensive back before any receiver is taken.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

IMO a receiver will not be taken at least till the 3rd round.

I think Ballard goes trenches or defensive back before any receiver is taken.

Dt or edge is not out of the question also, at that spot. Like I said depends on the board and what's available. 

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:38 PM, Stephen said:

I don't think receiver is a top priority of Ballard. He is still working on the trenches at this point.

With Frank using multiple receivers and TEs in the game plans till that is in order he wont be using high draft picks on receivers or running backs.

4 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Dt or edge is not out of the question also, at that spot. Like I said depends on the board and what's available. 

My only point is most of the posters seem to think a receiver is what we need the most. I don't agree. With the game plan Frank uses with all the receivers and TEs our offense is already pretty potent.

I don't think the mindset of Ballard thinks we need to score more points, we need to stop the other team from scoring as much.

On 4/13/2019 at 1:04 AM, Mr.ZapRowsdower said:

I like your enthusiasm.   

I'm a bit more skeptical.   The tougher schedule and teams preparing better for us is my concern.   We aren't sneaking up on anyone this season.     I do think we will win 10 games maybe more.   

On 4/14/2019 at 11:09 AM, ManningGM said:

I will be incredibly disappointed if we don't take a WR in the 2nd round. Just like you said and while I'm hopeful of Cain and Funchess kicking @$$ for us, they haven't played a regular season game yet in a Colts uniform so there's no telling how things will go.

I've been hearing about how the coaching staff is in search of that dog WR to be paired alongside TY. TY being out a game should never be the end-all-be-all for our WR corps. We need another WR to lessen the pressure off of him. 

I'm definitely putting that on top of the priority list over what is already a top 5 offensive line unit in the league.

WHere have you been hearing about the coaching staff searching for that WR?   Ballard straight up said.    I know the fans want us to take a WR but that is not how he sees it 

as far as picking a round and saying we need to have a WR  y this pick is something I don’t need think any GM would do. Except maybe Grigson.   

You pick BPA   If the 2 BPAs grade extremely close then you can pick the need of those two.    Not going in and say I’m taking edge at 26 Wr at 34 a safety at 59.    That’s what would get Ballard fired quickly.   

On 4/13/2019 at 9:46 AM, richard pallo said:

Yes, we need more playmakers on offense.