Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good player but raw and not a choir boy.  He'll most likely be gone before 20 but is probably not as high on Ballard's board anyway.  Greg Little and Kaleb McGary are more likely to be in play, but they are Ballardesque value looks at 34 (Little) or 59 (McGary).

45 minutes ago, krunk said:

I like Tytus Howard from Alabama State for us. Whoever we draft is going to have sit and play backup for at least a year. My gut tells me he will be available between Rd 3 and 4 due to the small school.

I think we almost HAVE to get an OT in rounds 1-3.

We have absolutely no depth at LT

The offense was extremely hampered when AC was out the first few games.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BluHorzhu said:

Good player but raw and not a choir boy.  He'll most likely be gone before 20 but is probably not as high on Ballard's board anyway.  Greg Little and Kaleb McGary are more likely to be in play, but they are Ballardesque value looks at 34 (Little) or 59 (McGary).

Little would seem to be the type of Target that the Colts would look at 

A kid that is athletic enough, but just needs some more time to develop into a starter

Left tackles that are great, cost a ransom in FA.

Left tackles that are merely good .... cost a ransom in FA

AC is good, but lets be honest........  he isnt a pro bowler.

I see no other option but to keep investing in early OT while we still have AC 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not really...

There were a lot of other factors in those games. Reich was new to the coaching thing, and he was still figuring a few things out. Mack was injured. Andrew was perceived to have a little rust. Yes, the Castonzo injury was a pretty sizable factor, but we don't HAVE to get an OT in rounds 1-3. We're not that desperate. 

IMO, J'Marcus Webb wasn't a terrible fill in. We still should be looking to get O-Line depth, and I do think we should get an LT in rounds 3-5, but let's not act too desperate.

50 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

Not really...

There were a lot of other factors in those games. Reich was new to the coaching thing, and he was still figuring a few things out. Mack was injured. Andrew was perceived to have a little rust. Yes, the Castonzo injury was a pretty sizable factor, but we don't HAVE to get an OT in rounds 1-3. We're not that desperate. 

IMO, J'Marcus Webb wasn't a terrible fill in. We still should be looking to get O-Line depth, and I do think we should get an LT in rounds 3-5, but let's not act too desperate.

If AC does get injured or looses a step yes we are desperate.

The difference of the o-line play without AC tells us we need do need better talent at that position. 

If Ballard goes LT in rounds 1-2 it wouldn't make me mad.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 8:16 AM, MikeCurtis said:

And it still would have stunk if we hadn't totally replaced the right side of the line.

I am excited to see Clark again this pre-season. His story isn't over yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

And it still would have stunk if we hadn't totally replaced the right side of the line.

I am excited to see Clark again this pre-season. His story isn't over yet.

I would like to see some development from Clark.

He makes me nervous as the LT backup

I trust Reich to scheme around an AC injury. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to pick an LT at the 2nd round, but we don't HAVE to. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If AC does get injured or looses a step yes we are desperate.

The difference of the o-line play without AC tells us we need do need better talent at that position. 

If Ballard goes LT in rounds 1-2 it wouldn't make me mad.

wow, I just figured out how to actually quote someone! Yay! Anyways, to put it mildly, I think people are overreacting if they think that we HAVE to pick a backup LT in the 1st or 2nd round. I'm okay if Ballard really sees someone he likes and decides to pick one in the 2nd round, but we're not forced to do that, and unless that happens, I'd rather pick a successor in rounds 3-5 to groom over the next few years

21 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

I trust Reich to scheme around an AC injury. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to pick an LT at the 2nd round, but we don't HAVE to. 

wow, I just figured out how to actually quote someone! Yay! Anyways, to put it mildly, I think people are overreacting if they think that we HAVE to pick a backup LT in the 1st or 2nd round. I'm okay if Ballard really sees someone he likes and decides to pick one in the 2nd round, but we're not forced to do that, and unless that happens, I'd rather pick a successor in rounds 3-5 to groom over the next few years

With the play of the left side of the offensive line while AC was out kind of speaks for itself.

Ballard is committed to protecting Luck and has said he want's a better run game.

With that mindset from Ballard it still wouldn't surprise me if he went LT in the 1st 2 rounds.

Personally I hope he does if the talent is there.

Ballard knows the game is won or lost in the trenches and so should everyone else.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

With the play of the left side of the offensive line while AC was out kind of speaks for itself.

Ballard is committed to protecting Luck and has said he want's a better run game.

With that mindset from Ballard it still wouldn't surprise me if he went LT in the 1st 2 rounds.

Personally I hope he does if the talent is there.

Ballard knows the game is won or lost in the trenches and so should everyone else.

Our O Line only really clicked mid season. Yes, a good part of the reason was because of AC, but not completely. Anyways, that's besides the point. Just because the game is won in the trenches, doesn't mean we have to pick a backup LT in the second round instead of possibly picking another "trench" position that we actually need, like another d lineman. Again, if he really sees something transcendent, then go ahead. But if not, then don't just pick another LT because we can.

9 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

Our O Line only really clicked mid season. Yes, a good part of the reason was because of AC, but not completely. Anyways, that's besides the point. Just because the game is won in the trenches, doesn't mean we have to pick a backup LT in the second round instead of possibly picking another "trench" position that we actually need, like another d lineman. Again, if he really sees something transcendent, then go ahead. But if not, then don't just pick another LT because we can.

Yes the o- line may have been clicking as you say mid season but the Chiefs exposed the o-line.

Was it just a bad game or is there a real problem?

I don't understand why you think LT is not that important. It's only the backside protection for Luck, that's all.

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

I REALLY wish that we had an additional 2nd rounder  :(

I can make a case in my mind that an OT at 34 or 59 is the best   but then.....  I want a SS, or a WR, or a DT, ............   Having a cake..... and eating it too!

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Ballard wishes that as well...and has a plan to get one. 

On 4/14/2019 at 8:16 AM, MikeCurtis said:

There is no such thing as LT depth.

100% of teams would struggle tremendously on offense if their LT hits IR.

47 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

There is no such thing as LT depth.

100% of teams would struggle tremendously on offense if their LT hits IR.

Thus making it pretty imperative we draft one in this draft.

LT is the one position I consider a position of need right along with defensive line.

To me these two positions are needed more than WR at this point.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes the o- line may have been clicking as you say mid season but the Chiefs exposed the o-line.

Was it just a bad game or is there a real problem?

I don't understand why you think LT is not that important. It's only the backside protection for Luck, that's all.

I think it was a bad game. It's not that I think LT isn't important, it's just that I think everyone is reacting way too much.

Let me ask you this. Hypothetically, if we didn't have Jacoby Brissett, would you say that we HAVE to pick a QB in rounds 1-3? Isn't QB important?

LT should still be on the table for round 2, and we should start actively looking for it in round 3, but it's not like we have no choice BUT to pick one in rounds 1-3

4 hours ago, BigQungus said:

I think it was a bad game. It's not that I think LT isn't important, it's just that I think everyone is reacting way too much.

Let me ask you this. Hypothetically, if we didn't have Jacoby Brissett, would you say that we HAVE to pick a QB in rounds 1-3? Isn't QB important?

LT should still be on the table for round 2, and we should start actively looking for it in round 3, but it's not like we have no choice BUT to pick one in rounds 1-3

I think we have covered our opinions.

Anything more is just an argument. No thanks.