Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts continue to explore running back options

Just now, DougDew said:

In another thread, we are supposedly looking at WR at 34.

So if Ballard drafts Josh Jacobs at 26 and AJBrown at 34, would the forum explode??

No kidding, it would!!! LOL

Polian deja vu!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, stitches said:

He most probably won't last until the 3d... especially the end of the 3d. 

Where are you at on Sanders? I had high hopes for him coming into this season but I'll admit that I was a little let down by what I saw from him. I'm not saying he was bad but I thought he underwhelmed.

1 minute ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

Where are you at on Sanders? I had high hopes for him coming into this season but I'll admit that I was a little let down by what I saw from him. I'm not saying he was bad but I thought he underwhelmed.

RB2 or RB3 I think. IMO he goes sometime in R2. 

They aint trying to replace Mack. They are looking for a good #2 runner who can step right in and carry the load in case Mack is injured. Every back they have looked at are guys who are used to running in committees. They aint taking Jacobs at 26.  These talking head scouts like Mel Kiper have his value too high. He wont go in RD 1. His production doesnt warrant it. The Colts are looking at him for any Rd after 1. Mark my words. You dont spend a #1 on a backup. The Colts are not trying to replace Mack.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So if Ballard drafts Josh Jacobs at 26 and AJBrown at 34, would the forum explode?

I don't know  if the Forum explodes or not but the important thing is if were to get 2 highly talented playmakers, especially on offense we could possibly matchup better vs high powered teams.

Our O was badly exposed vs KC. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't know  if the Forum explodes or not but the important thing is if were to get 2 highly talented playmakers, especially on offense we could possibly matchup better vs high powered teams.

Our O was badly exposed vs KC. 

I wouldn't mind it.  But then I supported the Dorsett pick (at the time) and questioned taking a C, FS, and a G with mid first round picks.   I think many would explode if Ballard doesn't get at least one trench player out of picks 26 or 34.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, krunk said:

They aint trying to replace Mack. They are looking for a good #2 runner who can step right in and carry the load in case Mack is injured. Every back they have looked at are guys who are used to running in committees. They aint taking Jacobs at 26.  These talking head scouts like Mel Kiper have his value too high. He wont go in RD 1. His production doesnt warrant it. The Colts are looking at him for any Rd after 1. Mark my words. You dont spend a #1 on a backup. The Colts are not trying to replace Mack.

No.26, I totally agree. No.34 would be a close call, IMO. 

• Like 2

Just now, DougDew said:

I wouldn't mind it.  But then I supported the Dorsett pick and questioned taking a C, FS, and a G with mid first round picks.   I think many would explode if Ballard doesn't get at least one trench player out of picks 26 or 34.

I think many on this forum still have Peyton Flashback....meanning he only won 1 SB so lets blame the Defense for that AND NOW we must draft only defensive players high.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

He might even go in Rd 3-4 like Kamara.

Funny that both Kamara and Kareem Hunt went in Round 3. 

No.59 - Josh Jacobs would be a slam dunk for me in the 50s but not before that for an RB2. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think many on this forum still have Peyton Flashback....meanning he only won 1 SB so lets blame the Defense for that AND NOW we must draft only defensive players high.

You have to combine that with the fact that the Patriots who never drafted a WR in Round 1 and only a couple of RBs in round 1 so far, and win so many SBs with front 7 defensive, OL trenches and secondary draft picks. 

Building a team inside out is still the primary formula with augmentation of skill players when that becomes a weakness. 

Reliance on Peyton's arm too much did us in most times come playoff time. When we relied on OL more and had balance, we won it all. That tells you something.

• Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So if Ballard drafts Josh Jacobs at 26 and AJBrown at 34, would the forum explode?

Only if we follow up at 59 with a kicker lol. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

You have to combine that with the fact that the Patriots who never drafted a WR in Round 1 and only a couple of RBs in round 1 so far, and win so many SBs with front 7 defensive, OL trenches and secondary draft picks. 

Building a team inside out is still the primary formula with augmentation of skill players when that becomes a weakness. 

Reliance on Peyton's arm too much did us in most times come playoff time. When we relied on OL more and had balance, we won it all. That tells you something.

Talking about the patriots success to me is aways skewed because of all the cheating. Moat people agree that their roster is not hifhly talented.

Even their D is often suspect if anyone wants to remember the Falcons and Eagles lit them up.

Most of Peyton's lack of success in playoffs were to blame on the offense. Our D played ok in most of the losses and during our SB run played well vs KC,  Baltimore and Chicago. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

But, but, but...Mack Daddy is supposed to be the unheralded and untouchable king of the RB corps, RBs are dime a dozen, you can get anyone off the street to play RB as long as you have the OL to do it... :) 

And the infamous you never draft a RB in the first round....

Jacobs isn't gonna make it out of the 1st, I see very little chance he makes it past the Raiders and Eagles before us at 26, so not really sure why the interest? I'm assuming it's if he were to somehow slip to 34, but even then I find it hard to believe they take a RB. If they do take him, they obviously saw something transcendent, and I'd have to support the pick, because they're obviously proficient in terms of identifying talent, if last year is any indicator. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chad72 said:

But the Patriots don't really hit on their 1st round draft choices with regularity.  They haven't even had that many.   Its not like their oline and dline is stacked with first rounders.  They seem to value LBs and DBs early.  (They picked a RB in the first round last year)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=3200&type=team

28 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Talking about the patriots success to me is aways skewed because of all the cheating. Moat people agree that their roster is not hifhly talented.

Even their D is often suspect if anyone wants to remember the Falcons and Eagles lit them up.

Most of Peyton's lack of success in playoffs were to blame on the offense. Our D played ok in most of the losses and during our SB run played well vs KC,  Baltimore and Chicago. 

Peyton simply called too many pass plays, IMO.  I think we could have always had more balance if he simply chose to call more run plays.  The talent was fine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But the Patriots don't really hit on their 1st round draft choices with regularity.  They haven't even had that many.   Its not like their oline and dline is stacked with first rounders.  They seem to value LBs and DBs early. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=3200&type=team

They have the best coach the NFL has EVER seen

They have the best QB the NFL has EVER seen (With the offense that they run)

I hate them, because they stopped Peyton from winning 3-4 SBs, but you have to give them credit

They get the absolute best out of players that typically dont star in other surroundings

They have some Voodoo going on

Time for Beliceck and Brady to retire..... :)

36 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

They have the best coach the NFL has EVER seen

They have the best QB the NFL has EVER seen (With the offense that they run)

I hate them, because they stopped Peyton from winning 3-4 SBs, but you have to give them credit

They get the absolute best out of players that typically dont star in other surroundings

They have some Voodoo going on

Time for Beliceck and Brady to retire..... :)

It's Not Voodoo.....its Cheating lol.

23 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

It's Not Voodoo.....its Cheating lol.

I dont know

The guy plays the edges, not my way, but you have to give his due

They draft after 28 almost every year.........  They STILL win.......

its getting boring  :)

Retire already!!!!

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Peyton simply called too many pass plays, IMO.  I think we could have always had more balance if he simply chose to call more run plays.  The talent was fine.

You think Peyton Manning was wrong about the way he called plays at the line of scrimmage. Interesting...Now I've heard it all. Maybe that's why BB went for it on 4th down against the Colts.

6 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

You think Peyton Manning was wrong about the way he called plays at the line of scrimmage. Interesting...Now I've heard it all. Maybe that's why BB went for it on 4th down against the Colts.

Of course he was wrong.

He is the KING.... of one and Dones.

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

This forum is going to EXPLODE no matter what this year, especially in round 1/2.  Hell, it did last year with the trade back and then the select of Nelson, Smith and Leonard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Jacobs isn't gonna make it out of the 1st, I see very little chance he makes it past the Raiders and Eagles before us at 26, so not really sure why the interest? I'm assuming it's if he were to somehow slip to 34, but even then I find it hard to believe they take a RB. If they do take him, they obviously saw something transcendent, and I'd have to support the pick, because they're obviously proficient in terms of identifying talent, if last year is any indicator. 

I find it hard to believe he gets to us at 26 as well.  But Garofolo said something interesting today. The Seahawks currently have only 4 picks in the entire draft.  They are very open to moving back and sit at 21 I believe.  I can see Ballard moving to 21 to get a player he wants but he thinks would not get past The Raiders or Eagles.  If he has Jacobs way up his board, which of course we have no way of knowing, he just might do it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I find it hard to believe he gets to us at 26 as well.  But Garofolo said something interesting today. The Seahawks currently have only 4 picks in the entire draft.  They are very open to moving back and sit at 21 I believe.  I can see Ballard moving to 21 to get a player he wants but he thinks would not get past The Raiders or Eagles.  If he has Jacobs way up his board, which of course we have no way of knowing, he just might do it.  

Anything's possible, but I'd be blown away if they did. I'd rather they went TE or WR than RB tho honestly, and I hate both of those at 26 lol

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

The premise made by others was that we won the super bowl because our offense ran the ball more, and we ran the ball more that year because the oline was stouter.  I was saying Peyton could have called as many run plays as he did during that year, any other year too; and I think the oline would have handled it.

10 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Anything's possible, but I'd be blown away if they did. I'd rather they went TE or WR than RB tho honestly, and I hate both of those at 26 lol

What's interesting is this is the first year Ballard is bringing in the top rated skill players on offense.  RB and WR but so far no TE's.  Still time for that to change though.  He might surprise us and try to get Luck some playmakers this year on offense.  He went for the trenches and defense last year.  This year it could be upgrade the offensive playmakers.  Someone suggested a RB and WR with our 1st. two picks just might be on the table.  Like you said.  Anything's possible.  

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

What's interesting is this is the first year Ballard is bringing in the top rated skill players on offense.  RB and WR but so far no TE's.  Still time for that to change though.  He might surprise us and try to get Luck some playmakers this year on offense.  He went for the trenches and defense last year.  This year it could be upgrade the offensive playmakers.  Someone suggested a RB and WR with our 1st. two picks just might be on the table.  Like you said.  Anything's possible.  

I'm not even really opposed to them taking offensive skill position players, because I know their process is so in-depth when looking at, and eventually selecting, guys. If they see 2 guys that are worthy of selections at 26 and 34, and they ultimately make those picks, I'm fully behind it. They know what they're doing, that's for sure. Obviously, as fans, we wanna see more fireworks, more points or sacks or picks, and the trench guys and olineman aren't sexy picks, but they're necessary. However it ends up man, I'm excited to see it unfold. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 12:04 PM, chad72 said:

Funny that both Kamara and Kareem Hunt went in Round 3. 

No.59 - Josh Jacobs would be a slam dunk for me in the 50s but not before that for an RB2. 

Agree. Not until the late 2nd. Jacobs isn’t that special. None of the RBs this year are.