Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Here's my shot at the Colt draft. This is my look at the draft, not trying to predict what Ballard will do. And I'm sure most of you on here will be glad I'm not the gm.

Rd. 1-26: Dexter Lawrence- Don't know if he'll be there

Rd. 2-34: AJ Brown- wr Mississippi

Rd. 2-59: Joe Jackson-de Miami

Rd. 3-89: Dru Samia-og Oklahoma

Rd. 4-129: David Long-cb Michigan

Rd. 4-135: Mike Edwards-s Kentucky

Rd. 5-164: Gary Johnson-lb Texas (steal of the draft!)

Rd. 6-199: Ryan Connelly-lb Wisconsin

Rd. 7-240: Jordan Miller-cb Washington

There you have it. I went heavy with linemen early, because games are won up front. Feedback, positive or negative is welcome. Thank you and have a great night. Two more weeks to go!

• Like 5

I just don't c Lawrence being a fit for this defence.  Don't b surprised if we don't pick a wr in this draft.  They signed Funchess and drafted 2 late picks on wr last year.  I think they want to c if Fountain and Cain  r the answer . Now, I would not b shocked if they picked a TE early. Ebron  and I believe Doyle r free agents next year. 

56 minutes ago, indyman411 said:

Not bad. Just not sure why you drafted 2 LBs. One, maybe. But 3?  Unless they are known as pass rushers. Admittedly, I know nothing of either. 

Actually, we have poor depth at LB, and Walker proved just a little slow in coverage. So we badly need to solve that problem.
 History already shows Ballard looks to FIX a problem so drafting just one LB would leave a lot of question about depth. Two makes Great sense with all these picks. 

I think people get caught up on Lawerence's size. He is very quick and explosive for 342. He blows up the pocket and puts a ton of pressure on the QB. He's a brick wall in the run game. That completely translates to our defense. He will also keep our LBers clean to let them excel at what they do. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Two_pound said:

Thanks for the feedback. One reason I didn't go safety until later is George Odum, just like Kenny Moore last season I expect a huge jump in play from Odum this season. Odum played the run very well last season.

I wouldn't pass up some of the great safety talent in this draft because of Odum. He was solid on ST, but didn't show me much at safety. I think any of the safeties that could go in the top 3 rounds would instantly be better than Odum.

I'm definitely not opposed to Lawrence though. Dude is a mammoth. I also really like AJ Brown too.

• Like 1