Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The calm before the storm

WoolMagnet

It's so quiet around here that even the trolls and Negativians are nowhere to be found.  I'd even be happy with people making stuff up at this point.

I guess its good tho for us to catch our breath and let the skin grow back on our fingertips.

Soon enough, we'll be back to name-calling, backstabbing, and slander.  Yes, Colt fans, its draft time.....enjoy.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

It does seem like there are considerably fewer mocks to read on the forum than in previous years especially here in these last few weeks leading into the draft...

Wondering if this guy would be a "Ballard type move " in 5th round >>>>>>  (note predicted round for this player ) WR Emanuel Hall, Missouri (6-2/201)
40: 4.39 sec. (11th; leader – 4.29)
Broad Jump: 141 in. (T-1st)
NFL Draft Scout Rating: Round 5

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

It does seem like there are considerably fewer mocks to read on the forum than in previous years especially here in these last few weeks leading into the draft...

Maybe Ballard has effected that?

Trying to guess or anticipate who he will pick has some just wondering what to think?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Trying to guess or anticipate who he will pick has some just wondering what to think?

I think last year the early pick created a lot of the buzz on here from a Colts perspective.

Much easier to scout who we think we would want at 6 than the huge amount of possibilities at 26.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

I think last year the early pick created a lot of the buzz on here from a Colts perspective.

Much easier to scout who we think we would want at 6 than the huge amount of possibilities at 26.

I don't think Nelson was a surprise to most but the rest of the Colts draft did create a lot of buzz.

There was a lot of fans in this forum who were scratching their heads.

Well we seen the end results so now most are looking at more than just talent. They are looking  at personal character and how they fit with the team. (along with the talent)

It does make for a very interesting draft.

• Thanks 1

Just to hold you over for the next couple weeks:

OUR DRAFT SUCKED!!!! FIRE CHRIS BALLARD!!!! WE ARE GOING 0-16 THIS YEAR!!!! WE MAY NEVER WIN ANOTHER GAME!!! Wait.....what?........the draft hasn't happened yet? Oh, my bad.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

No Andrew Luck drama. No dramatic staff changes. Picking toward the end of the first round. Barely any FA additions. 

It's been a quiet offseason for the Colts. I'm fine with that.

And what a breath of fresh air it's been!

This is what the offseason is supposed to be like.

Here's to many more like it under Chris Ballard!  :cheers:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

1 hour ago, DaveA1102 said:

Ha, maybe...

But, I was speaking more about other forum members posting mocks, seems like those are way down in #s too...

Either way it's fine, just sorta surprising. I do not watch much college ball so i don't pretend to know much about the draft prospects, so I come here to get a feel for what may go down during the draft...

Lol, maybe that's my 1st mistake!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah, quiet offseason and I think a lot of us are just really busy.

It's been harder for me to get on lately, school's in full swing and baby #2 will be here soon! 

Congrats & good luck, we had our #2 while I was in grad school, those first few months are gonna be fun!!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Ha, maybe...

But, I was speaking more about other forum members posting mocks, seems like those are way down in #s too...

Either way it's fine, just sorta surprising. I do not watch much college ball so i don't pretend to know much about the draft prospects, so I come here to get a feel for what may go down during the draft...

With Ballard I don't think none of us knows what's going down. :scratch:---haha

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Ha, maybe...

we're still needing posters for the gavin mock. come play along

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

It's so quiet around here that even the trolls and Negativians are nowhere to be found.  I'd even be happy with people making stuff up at this point.

I guess its good tho for us to catch our breath and let the skin grow back on our fingertips.

Soon enough, we'll be back to name-calling, backstabbing, and slander.  Yes, Colt fans, its draft time.....enjoy.

if you're bored... come play

14 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Recent discoveries indicate that around 9% of the genome of the Negativians derives from Denisovans, suggesting significant interbreeding. Scientists continue their search for the genes most responsible for the expressed negativity.

40 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

Recent discoveries indicate that around 9% of the genome of the Negativians derives from Denisovans, suggesting significant interbreeding. Scientists continue their search for the genes most responsible for the expressed negativity.

I was not aware of that.

Thank you

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

With Ballard I don't think none of us knows what's going down. :scratch:---haha

This may be, however, I guess I've felt that has been the Colts M.O. for awhile at least through Polian & Grigson's tenures.. Ever since the '99 draft where Polian took James over Williams, I guess I've felt like the Colts have made it almost a trend to make the unconventional pick. 

• Like 3

Sometimes I think to many people get to caught up in the trendy pics the media wants to flood airtime too, I for one could not believe at the time, we passed over Williams for James. We always seem to go with our gut, and beliefs, for what is the best for our team and it usually works out.  That's why I'm not getting stuck on certain players and just enjoy how it ends up playing out.  

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Sometimes I think to many people get to caught up in the trendy pics the media wants to flood airtime too, I for one could not believe at the time, we passed over Williams for James. We always seem to go with our gut, and beliefs, for what is the best for our team and it usually works out.  That's why I'm not getting stuck on certain players and just enjoy how it ends up playing out.  

Good attitude.

We can't control what Ballard and his crew does anyway. Keep optimistic and let it play out.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Exactly, Williams was the obvious pick according to the pundits.  Though Edge profiled better to Indy due to his familiarity with running out of the stretch in Miami.  Plus he also had far less mileage on his knees than Williams.  Plus some other issues that surfaced later.

10 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah, quiet offseason and I think a lot of us are just really busy.

It's been harder for me to get on lately, school's in full swing and baby #2 will be here soon! 

My boss at work (as opposed to my boss at home) told me over and over that having a second does not create double the work...he was right, it’s about 3 or 4 times the work:thmup:

10 hours ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

My boss at work (as opposed to my boss at home) told me over and over that having a second does not create double the work...he was right, it’s about 3 or 4 times the work:thmup:

After we had our second (son) we said NOPE! No more lol. That little dude was nuts. Wouldn't change a minute of it though. 

And congrats Rollercolt to the addition to the family. They're a blessing

23 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

And what a breath of fresh air it's been!

This is what the offseason is supposed to be like.

Here's to many more like it under Chris Ballard!  :cheers:

Actually, I think some Fans would hope for a team that needs improving to take the next step would maybe like a bit more busier offseason.

15 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Yeah, I remember. My cuz and I were talking on the phone during that draft and I told him looks like there's a legitimate chance Ricky falls to us. We were SO EXCITED and HOPEFUL that it would happen.......we were then so DISAPPOINTED when it didn't. Lol. 

But Edge turned out excellent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Actually, I think some Fans would hope for a team that needs improving to take the next step would maybe like a bit more busier offseason.

Busier how?  By overpaying for guys like Bell and Collins?  Trading for guys like AB, or 1st round picks for Trent Richardson?  No thanks.

I'd rather the team focus internally and get improved play out of our own guys.  Then get "busy" re-signing them each offseason.

If we get improvement from Luck, Mack, Cain, Turay, Lewis, Walker, Hooker, etc. then the fans will get what they want during the actual season.