Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First off.......  I am NOT saying the Colts will pick this kid

(I think that he is off the board when the Colts pick)

But...........  This is a future ALL Pro (IMHO) at a position that CB covets highly

The Colts had max protect last year with an extra tackle brought in

This kid can play that and is a top receiver as well..........

I fully expect a DL pick at 26 ........ but if this guy somehow slipped to 26 (or 34), it wouldnt surprise me if CB pulled the trigger

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

While I would love a stud DL I would not be shocked nor upset about it. A great TE can really change an offense as we've seen around the league and with our own Clark. 

Clark was an awesome player......

But.....  I think this kid will be better

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

But...........  This is a future ALL Pro (IMHO) at a position that CB covets highly

I fully expect a DL pick at 26 ........ but if this guy somehow slipped to 26 (or 34), it wouldnt surprise me if CB pulled the trigger

I suspect others see Gronkowski in this guy as well. So I think he’ll get the nod long before #26. But if he were still there, I can definitely see him as the pick. Much like Hooker being unexpectedly available two drafts ago. 

• Like 2

The tape is worth watching

The guy is a roadgrader as a blocker

He dominated DL players.......  Not just a little DB.....

He is so tough to defend.... think about it

Because he will be a blocker 50-60% of the time..........  do you assign a LB to him? He will eat his lunch.

If a SS is assigned to him..... and he actually blocks..... the SS is WASTED for that play.... someone else is will be open

He will be inline and parked next to the tackle.  Its SO MUCH easier to disguise your play intention, when you have an excellent blocker AND reciever........... IN ONE PLAYER

This guy will be deadly

I dont expect to get him, but watch his career...... he will be special

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Clark was an awesome player......

But.....  I think this kid will be better

I would have no problem with that!! A gronk type TE hopefully who can stay healthy would be amazing for Luck and the Colts

• Thanks 1

Hockenson is the 3rd best player in this draft behind q.williams and bosa. If he would be available at 26 it would be no-brainer to draft him but even with TE not being an highly sought after position in the draft he is going to be a top15 lock. 

Last year Nelson also only dropped to 6, although Guards rank a bit higher on the position foodchain, and teams picking around 10 will be hard to convince that level go past them even if the position isn't sexy.

54 minutes ago, sreeb2deeni said:

Is he a player worth trading up for? How far up would it take?

If the TE is there, I would not at all be shocked to get him. Trade up, I don’t see us trading up for him unless it was for a 4th round or less and I don’t know how many spots that would allow us to move up. I wouldn’t be happy giving away any of day two picks to move up for a TE, I think those picks are reserved for a difference maker on the defense imho. If it happens though, I won’t bark about it, I  just think this team has to find that defensive presence first over everything else this season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Imagine if the guy turns out to be Dallas Clark come on wtf GIF

Dallas was certainly great for our team, however, what if the guy becomes Detroit version of Ebron or say Colby Fleener? I’d say, at 26 pick, you start picking kids with flaws and concerns but still high ceilings and higher floors. I’m a huge proponent of best defensive player in the first few picks but if a guy of high potential lands in our lap, I’m not opposed to taking the risk. Either way, my job on the couch picking draft kids is always going to be safe, CB’s won’t if he misses more than he hits. 

23 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

If the TE is there, I would not at all be shocked to get him. Trade up, I don’t see us trading up for him unless it was for a 4th round or less and I don’t know how many spots that would allow us to move up. I wouldn’t be happy giving away any of day two picks to move up for a TE, I think those picks are reserved for a difference maker on the defense imho. If it happens though, I won’t bark about it, I  just think this team has to find that defensive presence first over everything else this season. 

I completely agree. This year is a rare opportunity to fill several key defensive needs. The talent is there through the first 2 rounds. The Colts have 3 picks right now. I expect Ballard to stay focused and build that D.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

Hockensoc is better than any TE the Colts currently have on their roster.

With the exception of John Mackey (Yeah..... Im old)

He would be the Best this team has EVER seen........ at least on paper......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sreeb2deeni said:

Is he a player worth trading up for? How far up would it take?

I could definitely see the colts trading up for him, if somehow he’s on the board around 15. He’s the best offensive player in the draft imo. Reich could do so much with him. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I agree and I just couldn't help myself, as I am a huge Mike Curtis fan!

We get these threads every year we’ve picked in the 20’s....

IF (fill in the blank with a top 5-10 pick manages to fall to us, we should draft him!)

Ya think?

Well sure....   if Nick Bosa, or Josh Allen, or Quinnen Williams manages to fall us we should definitely draft them!   

What?    Too controversial?     :peek:

• Like 1

The most underrated TE in this draft is Foster Moreau. Devastating blocker and was WAY underutilized in LSUs run first offense. Tested very well at the combine and showed well at the senior bowl. 

Can be had in the third or forth round. 

Joseph

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cjrichard said:

The most underrated TE in this draft is Foster Moreau. Devastating blocker and was WAY underutilized in LSUs run first offense. Tested very well at the combine and showed well at the senior bowl. 

Can be had in the third or forth round. 

Joseph

Is that Fabian's brother?

I really like the San Jose State TE...Josh Oliver. I think he's going to a successful NFL TE...reminds me of Jonnu Smith.

22 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

With the exception of John Mackey (Yeah..... Im old)

He would be the Best this team has EVER seen........ at least on paper......

He said currently so was the point just to reference yourself ?

18 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

He said currently so was the point just to reference yourself ?

Think you missed his point.....he said he thinks Hockenson could be the best TE colts have ever had besides Mackey. 

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Think you missed his point.....he said he thinks Hockenson could be the best TE colts have ever had besides Mackey. 

no i didn’t it was a response to a poster viewing tj being the best ‘current’ TE on the colts. i can read

1 hour ago, MFT5 said:

no i didn’t it was a response to a poster viewing tj being the best ‘current’ TE on the colts. i can read

Obviously if he could be the best colt TE ever in that posters opinion wouldn't that mean clearly the best on current roster? Keep on reading bud...

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Obviously if he could be the best colt TE ever in that posters opinion wouldn't that mean clearly the best on current roster? Keep on reading bud...

who can we trade Mackey for or should we feature Mackey over TY. honestly as long as we have Mackey on the roster Ebron should move to FB so we dnt have to pay him as much nxt year and extend Mackey 

On 4/8/2019 at 8:51 AM, MikeCurtis said:

The tape is worth watching

The guy is a roadgrader as a blocker

He dominated DL players.......  Not just a little DB.....

He is so tough to defend.... think about it

Because he will be a blocker 50-60% of the time..........  do you assign a LB to him? He will eat his lunch.

If a SS is assigned to him..... and he actually blocks..... the SS is WASTED for that play.... someone else is will be open

He will be inline and parked next to the tackle.  Its SO MUCH easier to disguise your play intention, when you have an excellent blocker AND reciever........... IN ONE PLAYER

This guy will be deadly

I dont expect to get him, but watch his career...... he will be special

Sounds like the type of player it's worth to move up to get.

I think it's weird that Hockenson is now the consensus top tight end but during the season all the praise was going to Noah Fant.

That said I don't think it's undeserved.  I have more confidence in Hockenson's hands than I do Fant's.  Obviously Hockenson is a better blocker as well.  

Tight End U.

Dallas Clark, Brandon Myers, Scott Chandler, George Kittle, Tony Moeaki, CJ Fiedorowicz, TJ Hockenson, Noah Fant

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I think it's weird that Hockenson is now the consensus top tight end but during the season all the praise was going to Noah Fant.

That said I don't think it's undeserved.  I have more confidence in Hockenson's hands than I do Fant's.  Obviously Hockenson is a better blocker as well.  

Tight End U.

Dallas Clark, Brandon Myers, Scott Chandler, George Kittle, Tony Moeaki, CJ Fiedorowicz, TJ Hockenson, Noah Fant

Kittle...the one that got away. I try not to get too "if only" when it comes to draft picks...though some are just too tough to ignore (Rhodes, Hopkins, Collins, etc.). Ballard really like that TE group...and had three picks in a 8 pick stretch...and Kittle goes two picks after Grover Stewart.

Colts end up rolling the dice on Ebron...but I wonder if they do that anyways since Kittle would have still been developing. Imagine Kittle and Ebron.  

But the Colts luck-boxing into having Hock fall to #26 would make me forget about Kittle forever.

20 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Kittle...the one that got away. I try not to get too "if only" when it comes to draft picks...though some are just too tough to ignore (Rhodes, Hopkins, Collins, etc.). Ballard really like that TE group...and had three picks in a 8 pick stretch...and Kittle goes two picks after Grover Stewart.

Colts end up rolling the dice on Ebron...but I wonder if they do that anyways since Kittle would have still been developing. Imagine Kittle and Ebron.  

But the Colts luck-boxing into having Hock fall to #26 would make me forget about Kittle forever.

IDK . . . What would you rather have.  TJ Hockenson in the first round or George Kittle in the 5th?

Even if Hockenson is better than Kittle (which may be difficult considering Kittle set a record for yards by a TE with some backup QB's) you are still talking about a pro-bowl TE in round 5.

That said there is always those diamond in the rough guys who pop out and become stars despite being a low round pick and everyone looks at them and wish their team would have grabbed him.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

IDK . . . What would you rather have.  TJ Hockenson in the first round or George Kittle in the 5th?

Even if Hockenson is better than Kittle (which may be difficult considering Kittle set a record for yards by a TE with some backup QB's) you are still talking about a pro-bowl TE in round 5.

That said there is always those diamond in the rough guys who pop out and become stars despite being a low round pick and everyone looks at them and wish their team would have grabbed him.  

I would rather have Kittle for sure...I just think Hock can be on that level.

Yeah...there's always guys that you can point to in the draft...but Kittle was a guy I wanted pre-draft and really thought Ballard would pull the trigger after what he said about the TE group (not to mention the Colts had traded Allen and only had Doyle as a legit TE on the roster).

9 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I would rather have Kittle for sure...I just think Hock can be on that level.

Yeah...there's always guys that you can point to in the draft...but Kittle was a guy I wanted pre-draft and really thought Ballard would pull the trigger after what he said about the TE group (not to mention the Colts had traded Allen and only had Doyle as a legit TE on the roster).

I wish he would have too.  Would be nice to get some Hawkeyes on this roster again.