Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who are "Ballard Type" guys?

Based off everything you have heard from Ballard and what he values (both on and off the field) who sticks out to you as a "Ballard type" guy?

I'll start with a few names I think may be Ballard type guys:

Christian Wilkins from Clemson (plays with such a high motor, was a team captain and said to be a great locker room presence)

Chase Winovich from Michigan (almost like Wilkins- just without the team captain honor)

Darnell Savage from Maryland (Team captain, 4 year contributor, great ball production- 8ints in 3 years, showed athleticism at combine)

Taylor Rapp from Washington (Team captain, 3 year contributor, great ball production too- 7ints in 3 years, whilst poor 40, 3.99 20 yard shuttle show he can change direction well)

Justin Layne from Michigan State (Good length and Great ball skills- being a former receiver, whilst raw a good athlete- something Ballard values)

Jonathan Abram- Fiery presence who is a physical tone setter. A lot like Quenton Nelson

Cameron Smith- Team Captain and 3 year starter. Can play in space as well 

Sean Bunting- Tall and Long corner with ball skills (9 career interceptions)

Joe Jackson- Toolsy DE. Is long and has a high ceiling and decent floor.

Dalton Risner..... 4 year starter.... 3-time team captain.... very physical RT and according to this scouting report he could play both RT and OG, and he's played some C.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/dalton-risner

Thankfully, the OL is no longer our biggest weakness.... on the other hand, if Ballard considers Risner the BPA when any of our picks is called.... I'd be perfectly fine with strengthening the OL even more.