Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
danlhart87

Bold NFL Draft Predictions 2019

Recommended Posts

3 TEs go 1st Round

No RB drafted 1st Round

Metcalf goes top 10

Khalen Saunders sneaks in Round 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

3 TEs go 1st Round

No RB drafted 1st Round

Metcalf goes top 10

Khalen Saunders sneaks in Round 1

 

The only bold prediction I see is Saunders. 3 TEs as well, I suppose.

 

My bold prediction is CB moves up to get an elite talent. Bush or Burns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noah Fant drops to 2nd round

Chase Winovich goes R1

Darnell Savage goes R1 and is the 1st Safety taken in the draft

We pick BOTH S and CB in the first 2 days. 

Brian Burns drops to pick 24, if we don't trade up for him. I'm not sure he falls past Oakland and if he does, he's our pick. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts trade out of first round

Pick S first

Pick LB second

3 QB top 10... not hugely bold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cardinals draft Nick Bosa and Gruden drafts Murray at #1 

Giants draft Metcalf at #6

5 QBs go in Round 1 

Patriots pass up on taking a TE and draft Will Grier 

Damien Harris gets taken before Josh Jacobs 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bold prediction, someone will start a thread about not being impressed by Ballard's pick.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stitches said:

Noah Fant drops to 2nd round

Chase Winovich goes R1

Darnell Savage goes R1 and is the 1st Safety taken in the draft

We pick BOTH S and CB in the first 2 days. 

Brian Burns drops to pick 24, if we don't trade up for him. I'm not sure he falls past Oakland and if he does, he's our pick. 

 

 

Now these are bold predictions. Good job.

 

What bold predictions do you have for the Vikes? Another CB in the first round?

 

Btw, did you hear that Holton Hill was suspended 4 games? (You and I had talked about him after he went undrafted last year.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

3 TEs go 1st Round

No RB drafted 1st Round

Metcalf goes top 10

Khalen Saunders sneaks in Round 1

Khalen Saunders going in the 1st round is extremely bold my friend. Ain’t happening BUT I do believe he will get picked in Day 2. He’s a very intriguing player. Love to see him land with our team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Now these are bold predictions. Good job.

 

What bold predictions do you have for the Vikes? Another CB in the first round?

 

Btw, did you hear that Holton Hill was suspended 4 games? (You and I had talked about him after he went undrafted last year.)

Yeah, I just read about it. Shame. How did he do for you last season? With him his off-field issues were always the main concern. There were rumors that he's failed something like... 9 drug tests in college or something. It's not really that surprising that he did it again. He probably won't be able to stay off it for his whole career unless something dramatic changes in his attitude and/or his surroundings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah, I just read about it. Shame. How did he do for you last season? With him his off-field issues were always the main concern. There were rumors that he's failed something like... 9 drug tests in college or something. It's not really that surprising that he did it again. He probably won't be able to stay off it for his whole career unless something dramatic changes in his attitude and/or his surroundings. 

 

I agree. It is like Randy Gregory and Josh Gordon. You can't depend on them to stay off the drugs. However, with Hill, apparently he was suspended for PEDs, not marijuana or other illicit drug. 

 

He was pretty solid when he played, making some rookie mistakes which were expected. Many were expecting him to take a step up this year. I believe you had put up a thread about trading for Trae Waynes. I don't want to trade him, as we then would most likely draft a CB once again in early rounds. Mike Zimmer loves having DBs, especially CBs. I see we signed a CB and a safety out of the AAF (from the San Antonio team).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

I agree. It is like Randy Gregory and Josh Gordon. You can't depend on them to stay off the drugs. However, with Hill, apparently he was suspended for PEDs, not marijuana or other illicit drug. 

 

Oh, I didn't read the whole thing, just that he's suspended for drugs. I don't know if PEDs is better than recreational stuff... I guess it's probably better, relatively speaking. Maybe he's left at least the marijuana behind. The problem is that when they fail those tests to the point of suspension, they enter the leagues testing program and he really will not have much more of a chance for slip ups of either variety. 

 

I really liked him in last year's draft. I don't remember where exactly I had him ranked but I think it was around 2nd-3d round? And he didn't get drafted at all. He must have been pretty good to be able to win a spot and play all 16 games and even start in some of them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.) Hunter Renfrow goes undrafted

2.) Cardinals select Quinnen Williams at 1

3.) Giants pass on a QB with both their 1st round picks

4.) Colts go O-Line in the 1st round

5.) Colts pick twice in the 1st round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jachai Polite goes undrafted

The Giants go O and D linemen with their 1st round picks

No RB will be drafted in the 1st round

The Colts will take a DB in the 1st round (assuming none of Burns, Ferrell or Sweat fall to 26)

The National Media will dislike our draft- saying we reached for players

Half of this forum will dislike our 1st round pick (not exactly a bold prediction- just want to have 1 guaranteed prediction correct)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roger Goodell does not get Booed...

Jacoby Brissett in some sort of trade nets us another 2nd round pick...

Colts trade out of 1st round and get 2 second round picks (1 in 2019, 1 in 2020)...

The draftee walking music is nothing but old Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams and George Jones songs...

Colts Draft Teammates 

The 2019 NFL Draft is sponsored by: Jack Daniels Country Cocktails...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FalseStart said:

Roger Goodell does not get Booed...

Jacoby Brissett in some sort of trade nets us another 2nd round pick...

Colts trade out of 1st round and get 2 second round picks (1 in 2019, 1 in 2020)...

The draftee walking music is nothing but old Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams and George Jones songs...

Colts Draft Teammates 

The 2019 NFL Draft is sponsored by: Jack Daniels Country Cocktails...

 

I laughed incredibly hard at this. Although, I don't think the Colts drafting team mates is too far fetched. In the mock draft I'm working on in my head, I see both Abram and Simmons landing in a Colts uniform.

 

As for your other bold predictions, I wouldn't mind any of those other scenarios, especially the JD sponsorship. :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Exodus said:

I laughed incredibly hard at this. Although, I don't think the Colts drafting team mates is too far fetched. In the mock draft I'm working on in my head, I see both Abram and Simmons landing in a Colts uniform.

 

As for your other bold predictions, I wouldn't mind any of those other scenarios, especially the JD sponsorship. :D

 

I really want Jeffrey Simmons in a Colts uni!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Exodus said:

I laughed incredibly hard at this. Although, I don't think the Colts drafting team mates is too far fetched. In the mock draft I'm working on in my head, I see both Abram and Simmons landing in a Colts uniform.

 

As for your other bold predictions, I wouldn't mind any of those other scenarios, especially the JD sponsorship. :D

I could see that happening. Especially if Simmons drops.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill Tobin doesn't say "Who in the hell is Mel Kiper?"

 

That's all I got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacoby gets his starting shot with the Dolphins.....

 

Miami gets Brissett plus #26, #59 and #89 overall

 

We move up to #13 in Rd 1 and flip-flop up to #78 in Rd 3

 

This deal basically costs us a 2nd rounder at #59 and a backup QB who we have no guarantee of retaining after this season... especially the way that free agent $$$ was so recklessly thrown around this off-season.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Rosen is traded to the Redskins, Cards use 1st pick on Murray and use Redskins pick to take Metcalf . Fitzgerald mentors him and retires at end of year. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one on this board will complain about Ballard's picks.

 

 

 

 

The above statement might be more delusional than bold, not quite sure where the line is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

No one on this board will complain about Ballard's picks.

 

 

 

 

The above statement might be more delusional than bold, not quite sure where the line is. 

Probably should've just bolded the delusional and called it a day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

Jacoby gets his starting shot with the Dolphins.....

 

Miami gets Brissett plus #26, #59 and #89 overall

 

We move up to #13 in Rd 1 and flip-flop up to #78 in Rd 3

 

This deal basically costs us a 2nd rounder at #59 and a backup QB who we have no guarantee of retaining after this season... especially the way that free agent $$$ was so recklessly thrown around this off-season.

 

Not a good deal for us if we’re losing one of our 2nd rounders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts trade pick 26 and Brissett to the Redskins for pick 15.  Jay Gruden is coaching for his job.  He needs to win now.  Waiting and drafting a rookie at 15 will most likely not get it done.  Trading for Rosen will most likely cost him a 1st. at best a 2nd.  Trading for Brissett does not cost him any picks just a swap.  Gruden chooses Brisett and keeps all of his picks and the Colts move up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

 

Not a good deal for us if we’re losing one of our 2nd rounders. 

In trade value, this assigns a mid 3rd round grade to Brissett, who unless he resigns himself to career backup status, will almost certainly walk after 2019.

 

If it wasn't the final year on his deal or if Andrew hadn't recovered so well..... I'd feel differently. But Jacoby simply does not carry value enough to only package with #26 and move up that far.

 

In the end we move 13 spots in the 1st round and 10 spots in the 3rd round... and we still retain our #34 pick.

 

For one of the top EDGE guys at #13.... I'd do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Lonnie Johnson, Jr. is the first CB off the board.

 

2) The Colts wind up with no picks in the first round but 3 apiece in rounds 2 (all defense) and 4 (all offense).

 

3) Three Mississippi State players go in the 1st (Sweat-TB, Abram-SEA, Simmons-NE)

 

4) The Redskins draft D.K. Metcalf, who will be out of the league in 5 years... but seen on Muscle Beach in Venice, CA with Kordell Beckham and LaRon Landry every 3rd Sunday.  

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my latest bold prediction... Ed Oliver goes before Quinnen Williams. :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...