Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The time the colts flooded a hotel

CR91

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm sure Anderson was heavily compensated

Yeah but my point is more about the poor hotel staff that have to put up with this. When you make a giant mess of the place, some poor person has to clean it. Sometimes only making min wage. My grandfather was a caretaker for my school. Everytime someone thought it was funny to flush something stupid down the toilet he was there. Im all for good fun, but why make someone's day harder.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Yeah but my point is more about the poor hotel staff that have to put up with this. When you make a giant mess of the place, some poor person has to clean it. Sometimes only making min wage. My grandfather was a caretaker for my school. Everytime someone thought it was funny to flush something stupid down the toilet he was there. Im all for good fun, but why make someone's day harder.

I've always said that everyone should have to work in the service industry for at least one year of their life.

See what it's like to have to prepare food for people, clean up after them, clean public restrooms, work for tips, etc.

You have more appreciation for those in the service industry (and are probably a better tipper) when you have lived it first-hand.  :shake:

• Like 1

I watched this video.  I think it was clear it was a dorm at Anderson back when they had training camp there.  

On 4/7/2019 at 11:20 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I've always said that everyone should have to work in the service industry for at least one year of their life.

See what it's like to have to prepare food for people, clean up after them, clean public restrooms, work for tips, etc.

You have more appreciation for those in the service industry (and are probably a better tipper) when you have lived it first-hand.  :shake:

You know one thing I have to appreciate is that it's apparently a thing in Japanese culture to clean up really well after yourself even in those situations.

Apparently at the World Cup after a game that involved Japan the people who clean up the stadiums found little to no work to do in the sections that the Japanese fans sat in.  

I think that and the fact that when they are sick they wear face masks in public to prevent spreading their sickness are some things about their culture that I think we could really use to adapt in ours.  

• Like 1