Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chloe6124

Ebron had some kind of procedure

Anyone know what it was. He was on the injury report a lot last year. If he wasn’t healthy and put up those numbers imagine what he will do this season.

I do remember ebron was on the injury report for mutiple things like his ankle toe and shoulder

He and many of our receivers suffered from Scleroderma early in the season

33 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I just wonder why he waited until April to get something done.

It sounds like something super minor. Maybe he was hoping it would fix itself.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Anyone know what it was. He was on the injury report a lot last year. If he wasn’t healthy and put up those numbers imagine what he will do this season.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

It sounds like something super minor. Maybe he was hoping it would fix itself.

Did you find out some more information?  

22 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Hope he got more feelings in his hand!:thmup: Just fooling.

LOL, he had a procedure to extend the nerve endings all the way to his fingertips.

On 4/4/2019 at 10:34 AM, indyagent17 said:

A hardening of connective tissues? 

23 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

A hardening of connective tissues? 

Stone Hands

On 4/4/2019 at 12:34 PM, indyagent17 said:

Is that what they call it for dropping passes

You guys ragging on Ebron just make me shake my head.

Yes Ebron dropped a few but the ones he did catch counted the most.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Agree, and I love Ebron's tweet.  His commitment is undeniable. He will only get better. No one felt worse than he did when he dropped passes.  He was a major difference maker on this team.  

On 4/4/2019 at 11:28 AM, Chloe6124 said:

Of course in today's world when I hear the word "procedure" I assumed the worst at first and immediately thought of this TD dance :lol:

8rz79f20jcv11.gif

16 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I said "early" in the season

On 4/4/2019 at 9:28 AM, Chloe6124 said:

Dr. Pimple Popper can do wonders for a body …

On 4/4/2019 at 11:28 AM, Chloe6124 said:

Hopefully he washed the butter off his fingers. 

On 4/7/2019 at 5:14 PM, crazycolt1 said:

I'm a fan of Ebron and if you want to search last year, I was the first one on this forum to say the Colts should sign him as soon as he was released (well maybe not the first, I didn't read all the posts but one of the first), even though most posters didn't want anything to do with him because he was a bust in Detroit.

That being said, he did have a drop problem last year and it's kind of ridiculous to claim his catches are more important than his drops.  You are basically saying his catches helped the team more than his drops, so why think about the drops.  The thing is his year could have been more amazing without the drops, several of them came when he was wide open with a lot of space in front, so it's possible he could have had 15-16 TDs if not for the drops.

17 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm a fan of Ebron and if you want to search last year, I was the first one on this forum to say the Colts should sign him as soon as he was released (well maybe not the first, I didn't read all the posts but one of the first), even though most posters didn't want anything to do with him because he was a bust in Detroit.

That being said, he did have a drop problem last year and it's kind of ridiculous to claim his catches are more important than his drops.  You are basically saying his catches helped the team more than his drops, so why think about the drops.  The thing is his year could have been more amazing without the drops, several of them came when he was wide open with a lot of space in front, so it's possible he could have had 15-16 TDs if not for the drops.

Reich has basically said he can live with drops as long as they don’t become a problem. So I think Reich would agree because of his yardage and TD he didn’t have a huge issue with drops.

33 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich has basically said he can live with drops as long as they don’t become a problem. So I think Reich would agree because of his yardage and TD he didn’t have a huge issue with drops.

If it's the article I'm thinking about, that is not even close to what Reich said nor was that his implication.

Reich does not believe that harping on a guy for a drop or fumble during the game and he believes in getting them involved right away after, giving them a chance to redeem themselves.  That does not mean he doesn't want them to improve on the issue or that he is "ok" with that part of a players game.

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

If it's the article I'm thinking about, that is not even close to what Reich said nor was that his implication.

Reich does not believe that harping on a guy for a drop or fumble during the game and he believes in getting them involved right away after, giving them a chance to redeem themselves.  That does not mean he doesn't want them to improve on the issue.

Nope he said he can live with them as long as they are not a huge problem. That does not mean he doesn’t want them to improve.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Nope he said he can live with them as long as they are not a huge problem. That does not mean he doesn’t want them to improve.

Then we could be talking about two different articles.  Can you link the one you are referring to?

7 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Then we could be talking about two different articles.  Can you link the one you are referring to?

I dont think it was a article it was a interview.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I dont think it was a article it was a interview.

Ok, can you post the link to the interview?  I have not seen it and I would like to.

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Ok, can you post the link to the interview?  I have not seen it and I would like to.

I can look but might be hard to find.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can look but might be hard to find.

I appreciate it, don't spend any time on it though... it's not that important.  Approximately when was the interview?  I've already done a search but did not find anything but if I have a date range I can narrow down my search some.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here it is. He talks about balancing the drops with big plays.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/02/indianapolis-colts-frank-reich-drops-wide-receiver/amp/

Thanks for posting.  And yeah, all he's saying is it's not a reason to cut a guy or not sign a guy if they also have big plays.

But that article was not specific to Ebron and he did say if a player has an "inordinate amount" so that would depend on his definition of inordinate.

But none of that has anything to do with the fact that Ebron dropped a lot of passes last year.  He had a great year, despite the drops, he could have an even better year this year if he improves his catching.

Thanks for posting.  And yeah, all he's saying is it's not a reason to cut a guy or not sign a guy if they also have big plays.

But that article was not specific to Ebron and he did say if a player has an "inordinate amount" so that would depend on his definition of inordinate.

But none of that has anything to do with the fact that Ebron dropped a lot of passes last year.  He had a great year, despite the drops, he could have an even better year this year if he improves his catching.

Here is where i disagree. I don’t think 10 or 11 drops over 18 games is a lot. That is less then one per game. Edelman had just as many as Ebron.

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here is where i disagree. I don’t think 10 or 11 drops over 18 games is a lot. That is less then one per game. Edelman had just as many as Ebron.

The most reliable stat site I know, playerprofiler.com has him listed at 9, #1 among TEs (I am assuming it's among TEs but it's not listed on the site) with an 8.2% drop rate, #4. Breaking down drops per game doesn't mean much. When compared to other NFL TEs, he has more drops than any other and he has one of the worst drop rates. 

Like I said, I'm not advocating getting rid of him, I am a big fan of Ebron, but I am resigned to the fact that he is going to drop passes at a higher rate than most other TEs in the NFL.  And to act like he doesn't have a drop problem is ignoring facts.

The most reliable stat site I know, playerprofiler.com has him listed at 9, #1 among TEs (I am assuming it's among TEs but it's not listed on the site) with an 8.2% drop rate, #4. Breaking down drops per game doesn't mean much. When compared to other NFL TEs, he has more drops than any other and he has one of the worst drop rates. 

Like I said, I'm not advocating getting rid of him, I am a big fan of Ebron, but I am resigned to the fact that he is going to drop passes at a higher rate than most other TEs in the NFL.  And to act like he doesn't have a drop problem is ignoring facts.

What that tells me is there are not a lot of drops in the nfl. When drop rates are so low it doesn’t really say much that a player is number one. I did see a statistic and Edelman actually had one more then Ebron. It was for all players. Drops are not black and white. One might think it is a drop when another doesn’t. There is so much more that goes into it.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I am saying his catches helped the team more than his drops? That is exactly what I said, why argue that point?

No where did I say 'why think about his drops'. You are putting your own twist and words in my mouth.

I don't play the what ifs game.

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am saying his catches helped the team more than his drops? That is exactly what I said, why argue that point?

No where did I say 'why think about his drops'. You are putting your own twist and words in my mouth.

I don't play the what ifs game.

Ofcourse his catches helped the team more than his drops.  Luck's completed passes help the team more than his incomplete passes.  His TDs passes help the team more than his INTs.  That is one of those non-comments.  Positive plays will always help the team more than negative plays, that is why they are considered positive plays.

I'm not twisting it, I'm just paraphrasing.  But if it helps, why worry about his drops when his catches help the team.  IMO, what's wrong with mentioning an area he needs to improve upon?  Again, no one (or at least no one, at least no one who is not known to be a regular troll) is suggesting that Ebron should not remain a Colt.   But when someone leads the league in any category it is something to take notice.  Ebron lead all TEs in TDs... very good.  Ebron lead all TEs in drops, not very good.  I guess I just don't understand the mindset of only focusing on good things and dismissing or ignoring the bad things.

As far as playing the what if game, that's funny you want to focus so much on ignoring his drop issue that you take something positive I said and make it seem like a negative.

But in case you want to argue some more, let me be very clear.  I think Ebron is a great TE and I think he's a great Colt.  I think he would easily be one of the best TEs in the league if he improved catching and dropped fewer passes.  Right now he is right on the verge, top 5 instead of Top 2.

59 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm not twisting it, I'm just paraphrasing.  But if it helps, why worry about his drops when his catches help the team.  IMO, what's wrong with mentioning an area he needs to improve upon?  Again, no one (or at least no one, at least no one who is not known to be a regular troll) is suggesting that Ebron should not remain a Colt.   But when someone leads the league in any category it is something to take notice.  Ebron lead all TEs in TDs... very good.  Ebron lead all TEs in drops, not very good.  I guess I just don't understand the mindset of only focusing on good things and dismissing or ignoring the bad things.

For one thing I never one time ignored that Ebron has his drops.

As long as Ebron is contributing to wins I don't care what his drop rate is.

I take Frank's point of view. No doubt Ebron needs to improve but till it becomes a big problem it's not an issue to him, or me.

I'm glad to hear he's happy with the results of the surgery, and 100% confident about the upcoming season!