Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
MarquisJ

With The Next Pick: Episode 1

Ebron putting his heart out there after losing in the playoffs is my favorite part. Hope we can find a way to keep that guy after next year.

Great video!

• Like 6

It went by too fast!  I was enthralled, but it’s such a tease.   

Wouldn't you love to know who they talking about in those evaluations?   

• Like 2

I like the part with Brian Decker.  He brings a different perspective than you get in other draft rooms

This is a great 1st episode!

You can tell Ballard has this Colts Franchise going in the right direction and we’re only going to get better. We have a great locker room culture.

I really enjoyed listening how the staff evaluates prospects. Really interesting.

I literally can’t wait for the draft!

• Like 1

Like x100. 

I was wondering how they’d show serious behind-the-scenes stuff without giving too much away. They nailed it so far.

My favorite line is when Ballard said “when we step in this room, titles go out the door, including mine... tell me what you think”.

I love the culture of accountability being built by Reich and Ballard throughout the organization.

Iron sharpens iron. :coltshelmet:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Who needs Hard Knocks when you can produce your own good material?

I like the fact that the Colts do think about their fans by putting this out there.

They are explaining how things are done in a way we can all understand.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Who needs Hard Knocks when you can produce your own good material?

Exactly. I've always wanted to see the Colts on a show like that, but I don't want the distraction. It's a little different when it's your own production crew, your own team media, etc. No one needs to feel compelled to perform for the camera, you don't have to worry about being portrayed in a negative light or someone trying to show a rift in the organization, etc. It's completely sanitized, highly controlled, but still pulls back the curtain just a tiny bit to scratch the itch of the fans. 

I wish it were more than five episodes. And I'm hoping they have some segments after the draft showing why they took certain guys. And maybe something during camp as well. This is fun stuff. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

My favorite line is when Ballard said “when we step in this room, titles go out the door, including mine... tell me what you think”.

I love the culture of accountability being built by Reich and Ballard throughout the organization.

Iron sharpens iron. :coltshelmet:

All the big dogs were in that video, and while we know who they are and their rank in the organization, they were all speaking on the same level. Pretty apparent the value that is placed on that room of scouts, from top to bottom. That is the bread and butter of the Ballard-led Colts...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Man, that's awesome. I found myself trying to predict who they were talking about each time lol, especially the first one, 4 year player and a captain. 

If I was to guess, it'd be someone like Darnell Savage from Maryland.

My reasoning being: He was a 4 year starter (well technically he only started 1 game in his freshman year but still played a lot then apparently)

He was a team captain this past year

"Makes tackles in space, has good ball skills, best when he's close to the LOS"- describe a safety, all sound like it could fit the description for a lot of safeties in this draft including Savage.

I could be very wrong though but that's my guess

17 hours ago, Smonroe said:

It went by too fast!  I was enthralled, but it’s such a tease.   

Wouldn't you love to know who they talking about in those evaluations?   

I just want the background board to be in focus...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Four2itus said:

I just want the background board to be in focus...

You and just about every GM in the league. :)

• Like 2

Love the video.    I've watched it twice now.   Enjoyed it each time.

Love the inside info from the behind the scenes perspective.    You can only do that when you have this kind of access.    Besides COLTS.com,  the only group getting that kind of access might be NFL Films.     Otherwise,  it's a shutout for everyone else.

Really looking forward to the next 4 editions....

That's a fastest 5 mins I had to reload it to check the timer I thought I missed part of it. 

On 4/4/2019 at 9:48 AM, GoColtsGo5150 said:

If I was to guess, it'd be someone like Darnell Savage from Maryland.

My reasoning being: He was a 4 year starter (well technically he only started 1 game in his freshman year but still played a lot then apparently)

He was a team captain this past year

"Makes tackles in space, has good ball skills, best when he's close to the LOS"- describe a safety, all sound like it could fit the description for a lot of safeties in this draft including Savage.

I could be very wrong though but that's my guess

I thought so too...but Savage wasn't a four-year starter.

Then I thought it was Adderley. He was a four-year starter...but not a team captain.

So it's Mike Edwards. Four-year starter and team captain. Fits the description of that type of player...AND we know that Ebeflus was at UK's Pro Day on March 22nd. I am guessing that footage is very recent.

On 4/4/2019 at 6:54 AM, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Man, that's awesome. I found myself trying to predict who they were talking about each time lol, especially the first one, 4 year player and a captain. 

That's the first thing I did. Took me a few minutes...but I would be willing to bet a good sum of money that it's Mike Edwards, S, UK.

And you can bet that the other 31 GM's in the league are dissecting what they were saying as well. For all we know, those statements could be edited together and not all about the same player. Just to mess with everyone.

20 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

And you can bet that the other 31 GM's in the league are dissecting what they were saying as well. For all we know, those statements could be edited together and not all about the same player. Just to mess with everyone.

I guess I heard it differently, I thought it was fairly obvious that not all the player comments were about the same player.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I guess I heard it differently, I thought it was fairly obvious that not all the player comments were about the same player.

The bit where its said '4 year starter, captain' is one sentence. It could be edited to sound that way but more than likely not. They other bits could definitely be about completely different players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RNGDShobby said:

Yeah...I guess it could be about different people. But the whole point was to show different people's viewpoint on the same player. 

Everything...outside of the quote about tough upbringing...sounds like Mike Edwards. And we know Eberflus was at UK's Pro Day. But it could be about any DB I suppose. Just not a lot of four-year starters and team captains out there that play DB.

6 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Yeah...I guess it could be about different people. But the whole point was to show different people's viewpoint on the same player. 

Everything...outside of the quote about tough upbringing...sounds like Mike Edwards. And we know Eberflus was at UK's Pro Day. But it could be about any DB I suppose. Just not a lot of four-year starters and team captains out there that play DB.

It could be a smokescreen too. :scratch:    :)

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It could be a smokescreen too. :scratch:    :)

True...they know that diehard fans like us (or anyone who cares enough) could do some detective work and likely figure out who it was...provided it was a prominent prospect (not some late-round/UDFA guy from a small school). So they could have just picked a player they have scouted (out of the hundreds) that they aren't high on...and had them all read their notes. Though I doubt their interest in Mike Edwards would affect any other team on draft day (not very high on him myself).

And who knows...it could be a totally made-up player with made-up attributes. But something tells me Ballard wouldn't waste his and his staff's time like that though.

Just fine to think about. I hope they do a few more.

6 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

True...they know that diehard fans like us (or anyone who cares enough) could do some detective work and likely figure out who it was...provided it was a prominent prospect (not some late-round/UDFA guy from a small school). So they could have just picked a player they have scouted (out of the hundreds) that they aren't high on...and had them all read their notes. Though I doubt their interest in Mike Edwards would affect any other team on draft day (not very high on him myself).

And who knows...it could be a totally made-up player with made-up attributes. But something tells me Ballard wouldn't waste his and his staff's time like that though.

Just fine to think about. I hope they do a few more.

5 minutes is just a tease.

Now I am curious if it will just continues where this one left off or will it be more details in a different area? 

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

5 minutes is just a tease.

Now I am curious if it will just continues where this one left off or will it be more details in a different area? 

I hope they do one after the draft where they discuss and actually make the call on wanting to draft a player...but don't tell you who it is...and then show him being drafted. That would be awesome. 

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I hope they do one after the draft where they discuss and actually make the call on wanting to draft a player...but don't tell you who it is...and then show him being drafted. That would be awesome. 

Yeah that would be cool.

That's as far as I would what it to go though. Any farther would end up like Hard Knocks. Not a big fan of that for the Colts.

Really enjoyed it, can't wait to see more. Love Ebron as well, just seems like a really cool guy and great team mate, hope he stays with the Colts for his career (if he keeps up the good play lol).

So hyped for draft day, my pal is having a leaving party on the friday tho. Might have to be 'sick' that day lol

According to Andrew Walker this series will go inside the draft room on draft day. That could be really cool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

According to Andrew Walker this series will go inside the draft room on draft day. That could be really cool.

Be prepared to see a lot of blur. But that will be cool. Show Ballard (or whomever) making the call to a prospect.